Enhasa Halls - Chrono Series Analysis > Chrono Trigger DS Analysis

Official CT DS Differences Thread [IMMENSE SPOILERS ON PAGE 5 ONWARDS]

<< < (86/88) > >>

Shadow D. Darkman:

--- Quote from: utunnels on January 02, 2009, 01:09:14 am ---Perhaps Ayla's tribe is matriarchal.

--- End quote ---

No. Ioka's chief is the strongest one of all. Ayla proved to be the strongest, so she became chief. Of course, she resigned when she ran off with Crono to help kill Lavos.

--- Quote from: V_Translanka on January 01, 2009, 09:21:05 pm ---Imagine if they had cows to make her outfit out of...Mistress Ayla in black leather...! Whoa...where am I again? >_>

--- End quote ---

*reads the post, and realizes that by doing so he has once again succeeded in Dividing By ZERO*

OH, SHI--

<Shadow D. Darkman has been disconnected.>

Nintendonick4:

--- Quote from: Shadow D. Darkman on January 05, 2009, 11:07:22 am ---No. Ioka's chief is the strongest one of all. Ayla proved to be the strongest, so she became chief. Of course, she resigned when she ran off with Crono to help kill Lavos.
--- End quote ---

On that subject, there's an interesting line in CTDS that I don't remember... Somebody, either Ayla or one of the 65M BC villagers says that if Ayla becomes pregnant, she loses her place as chief. Presumably simply for the safety of mother and child, but seems a bit harsh.

Also, if anyone can confirm what happened in the SNES version for me regarding something, my mind would be eased: With Ayla in the party, after getting the shard of the Rainbow Shell during the trial and after Marle reads the note from her mother, Ayla has some amusing things to say about motherhood... and then seems to actually feel Marle's breasts and note that she's "too small" to have lots of children. It just uses the "one arm extended" pose, but close enough for her hand to touch Marle's, er, chesty region.

Marle doesn't respond, presumably struck dumb.

Anyway, I really don't remember that pose being there, or how it would have been explained.

Shadow D. Darkman:

--- Quote from: CTDS Script (English version) ---{Ayla}: Kino man.
{Ayla} die, have baby, then Kino chief.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they really do need to explain what she meant in the text quoted above.

Nintendonick4:

--- Quote from: Shadow D. Darkman on January 23, 2009, 12:41:25 am ---
--- Quote from: CTDS Script (English version) ---{Ayla}: Kino man.
{Ayla} die, have baby, then Kino chief.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, they really do need to explain what she meant in the text quoted above.

--- End quote ---
I just figured it meant "If I die or have a baby, then Kino will be chief." It makes sense given the culture, and I think the implication is not that Kino is more fit for the job of chief than anyone else, but that since he's the lover of the current chief, he'd inherit the position if the current one was incapacitated, which would inculde either death or various motherly duties.

Vehek:
Looks like that's a change from even the SNES JPN version.

Here's part of the JPN DS line, assuming my partial text dump is right:

--- Quote ---{Ayla} 死んだり 子供出来たら
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version