Author Topic: Ozzie, Flea, and Slash  (Read 15177 times)

Alcyone

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Ozzie, Flea, and Slash
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2009, 05:23:06 am »
Your earlier post had the character for soil, not person. XD Person definitely makes more sense though. I guess it really is magician then.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2009, 05:26:16 am »
Your earlier post had the character for soil, not person. XD Person definitely makes more sense though. I guess it really is magician then.
LOL
Hmm, that is...well, my mistake.
BTW, the default font size is too small to display those things.

Ahh, wait, I just copied it from CT retranslation script, so someone must have made a mistake.

Alcyone

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2009, 05:31:41 am »
They look fine in that font size on my computer. .__.;

Um... yeah, I guess someone did make a mistake. @__@

Also, apparently, genie is 魔神 in Japanese.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2009, 12:13:17 am »
 :lol: Shapeshifting was common among the Mystics in 600 AG. Or perhaps only a few sentient Mystics possessed it.

Regardless, considering a Flea as a Djinn (and not a Genie, mind you) is possible. Mystics are essentially Fiends, and Flea had quite an intellect, arrogance, sense of humor and malice, and great magical proficiency.

According to what I've researched till now, most Djinns tend to take (and often stick to) a form they love most. Flea was a vanity type, and thus he chose a feminine body for some strange reason. XD

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:04 pm »
Actually didn't the Genie in Magus's Castle in Flea's Hall transform not only himself, but the skeletons too? Actually a lot of things in Magus's Castle transform

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2009, 12:51:53 am »
:lol: Shapeshifting was common among the Mystics in 600 AG. Or perhaps only a few sentient Mystics possessed it.

Regardless, considering a Flea as a Djinn (and not a Genie, mind you) is possible. Mystics are essentially Fiends, and Flea had quite an intellect, arrogance, sense of humor and malice, and great magical proficiency.

According to what I've researched till now, most Djinns tend to take (and often stick to) a form they love most. Flea was a vanity type, and thus he chose a feminine body for some strange reason. XD
Flea as a djinn makes some sense, but so does genie. Although the word genie has a different connotation in the West, right: people may think of the wish-granting, Aladdin's lamp type, but if you look at the historical mythology of genies it applies just as well. Genies are known to shape-shift and act arrogantly, but most importantly they're known as tricksters. Furthermore I recall hearing that genie, or jinni, may be translated as "hiding" or "concealing" or something of the like--Flea could easily be "hiding" (as a bat) from Crono and co, and "concealing" his identity by taking the form as a woman. I think some Zoroastrians believe in a type of djinn/genies that are exclusively evil female spirits...While other religions look at them as either evil spirits/devils or creatures akin to man.

I kinda jumped into this late, so feel free to disregard my post, but I've often thought that Mystics were very similar to the concept of djinns in various other cultures.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:36 am »
my opinion is that mystics can shapeshift, but its takes magical power to do so.. the more powerful the mystic, the better they would be at shapeshifting. of course, not all choose to shapeshift and not all may use magic that lets them shapeshift, but thats the jist of it.

i see flea as a tranvestite or transexual. as to his/her true nature, who knows. id like to know more about the 3 mystic leaders, it seems that their history was left blank.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2009, 09:41:32 pm »
Flea as a djinn makes some sense, but so does genie. Although the word genie has a different connotation in the West, right: people may think of the wish-granting, Aladdin's lamp type, but if you look at the historical mythology of genies it applies just as well. Genies are known to shape-shift and act arrogantly, but most importantly they're known as tricksters. Furthermore I recall hearing that genie, or jinni, may be translated as "hiding" or "concealing" or something of the like--Flea could easily be "hiding" (as a bat) from Crono and co, and "concealing" his identity by taking the form as a woman. I think some Zoroastrians believe in a type of djinn/genies that are exclusively evil female spirits...While other religions look at them as either evil spirits/devils or creatures akin to man.

I kinda jumped into this late, so feel free to disregard my post, but I've often thought that Mystics were very similar to the concept of djinns in various other cultures.

Actually Mav bring up a good point. Mystics do share a lot in common with Arab and Muslims. Not only is Medina the Arabic word for city but it is also an important muslim city. Djinn are kinda a Arab thing too right? Perhaps this is the point of all mystics. They are really just Djinn, Genie one is just because it looks like a western depiction. That's why they all change shape. And it does come from the arabic root for "conceal" or "hide". More importantly there is a type of djinn that disguises itself as a woman and tests man. This type of jinn is called mardāzmā, which translates to "man tester".

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2009, 12:29:27 am »
Righto, ZealKnight. Djinn are creatures that appear heavily in Arabian lore as well as Islamic lore (since the two aren't mutually exclusive). And from my understanding, djinn in Islam are also akin to the Western perception of devils/demons; like djinn, Mystics are also called/compared to/considered demons.

xcalibur

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:36 am »
indeed. also, i read somewhere on the compendium that magus & the mystics war against humans is comparable to muhammad and the jihad.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2009, 05:30:35 pm »
Eh, that's pushing it...since the concept of Jihad has been dramatized quite heavily, but that may be an interesting read. I suppose the idea of holy war is comparable to the Mystic War, but so is every war: you have two groups struggling for supremacy, each group sees the other as the enemy, people are misguided, etc.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2009, 06:28:45 pm »
They share a history but the jihad is a misunderstanding. It is the Crusade though as in the West attacking the Middle East, but the Mystics are not taking it at all.