Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Original Sound Version Live -The Release-  (Read 7029 times)

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
Chrono Trigger Original Sound Version Live -The Release-
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:59:02 pm »
Well, The release date is not supposed to be till tomorrow, but I decided to leak it to the Compendium a night early (how elite heh?). Here it is, the left over scrapings of a 4 year plan gone sour. The project had its ups and its downs, but overall I can say that I really enjoyed working on this. I had the chance to work with a great deal of pianists of different skill levels. My only regret is that I released it this late, when the once strong Video Game Piano community has now diminished. All that aside, Here it is. I hope you enjoy listening to the tracks on the project. It took a lot of effort and time from alot of people, whom I would like to thank over and over again for their input on this. Thanks again to all who have remained hopeful of a release, today is for you. *DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN OCREMIX QUALITY PROJECT*

http://ctosvlive.tk

ZackFair

• Iokan (+1)
  • After a long sleep, time has come...
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Original Sound Version Live -The Release-
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:39:27 pm »
Downloading atm, I can't wait to hear it =]

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:57:25 pm »
NICE.  Very loverly.  Glad this finally got released...

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 10:02:43 pm »
My God...these are beautiful. Well done, well done, well done.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:08:38 pm »
Good fucking God!

4 years ago!

At least it finally came out, unlike Duke Nukem Forever.

diablo2121

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 01:41:25 am »
Awesome shit.

Whatever happened to the crashed hard drive anyway? Did it die completely? I ask because data can still be recovered (haha I'm telling you this years late, but better late than never) even after reformats. Reformatting only sets the data avaialable to be overridden. I've used data recovery programs and seen some files on some of my HDD I haven't seen in years that survived a couple reformattings.

If you still have access to the project HDD, it may be worth a try considering it didn't die, and you haven't used the HDD extensively after the crashing.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 07:37:40 pm »
My goodness. Black Dream, Singing Mountain, and The Hidden Truth are so ridiculously good--every member here should really take a listen.

chronomitch

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:21:34 am »
The performance and arrangement of these tracks are amazing. Unfortunately, it seems the microphone used for some songs was not, which is a shame. I wonder if it's possible to clean up these tracks with some audio editors.

r00tabeggas

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 02:00:16 pm »
I'm really impressed man. You've done the community proud. I absolutely love memories of green.

Wiesty

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gmreborn.tloveland.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 07:26:59 pm »
Thank you all for all the positive feedback so far. And ya, Memories of green is my favorite as well :)

mattmaresh

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 11:00:34 pm »
I've gotta say man, I've been following the Chrono Compendium for some time now and I check out the links and the fan projects and all that, but this is the first time I've been inspired to comment on the forums.  The piano collection that you have here is awesome!  I was so stoked to download it and when I started playing the files I was blow away.  They're all very well done and I just wanted to commend you for a job well done getting it all together and released.  Thanks a lot man.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 11:14:44 pm »
Very nice, though as chronomitch said, the quality isn't very good for some of them.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
just a question, really
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 08:59:56 pm »
what's the general opinion of using other people's music in a fan made game? would that be frowned upon? for example, i'm not working on a game, but if i was i'd be trying to get it done quickly as possible. we're talking some kind of rpg maker where you can use mp3s and wavs; not temporal flux. this hypothetical game would be nonprofit, downloadable but unsellable. we're talking pre-existing sprites, backgrounds, etc. but new story. i could just use chrono trigger music but maybe i'd really like to use some of the covers such as the mega driver frog theme, something from the ct mixtape, and perhaps some of the higher quality recordings from ctosv as well. since all the music and everything from the game is copyright square enix anyway, would i really need permission from anyone to use the music in that situation? or would i just need to give credit to those who recorded (and in some case rearranged) said music?

very sorry if this belongs somewhere else. been playing chrono trigger since i was a wee lad and i've been loving this site but haven't had much posting experience. i would genuinely like to know what people here think about it though.

Ramsus

Re: just a question, really
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 10:26:17 pm »
what's the general opinion of using other people's music in a fan made game? would that be frowned upon? for example, i'm not working on a game, but if i was i'd be trying to get it done quickly as possible. we're talking some kind of rpg maker where you can use mp3s and wavs; not temporal flux. this hypothetical game would be nonprofit, downloadable but unsellable. we're talking pre-existing sprites, backgrounds, etc. but new story. i could just use chrono trigger music but maybe i'd really like to use some of the covers such as the mega driver frog theme, something from the ct mixtape, and perhaps some of the higher quality recordings from ctosv as well. since all the music and everything from the game is copyright square enix anyway, would i really need permission from anyone to use the music in that situation? or would i just need to give credit to those who recorded (and in some case rearranged) said music?

very sorry if this belongs somewhere else. been playing chrono trigger since i was a wee lad and i've been loving this site but haven't had much posting experience. i would genuinely like to know what people here think about it though.

Simple. Make a real effort to ask the author if you can use it, and respect their say.

Just because it's a derived work done without permission doesn't whitewash you of the courtesy of asking permission. It's not like the derived work's author is a giant corporation like Square Enix or a difficult-to-reach foreign composer that you can't even communicate with properly.

Now if you can't get a hold of the author, and there's nothing to imply they don't want you using it, then it might not matter so much if you decide to just use it anyway. Then if they ever come to you asking for you to remove their work, you can remove it.

Of course, by the books it's all illegal, but that's going by broken copyright laws that interfere with the advancement of culture and knowledge more than help anything. It's not even profitable for corporations to completely enforce their copyrights, so they a lot of times they don't even try.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2008, 12:59:34 am »

Simple. Make a real effort to ask the author if you can use it, and respect their say.

Just because it's a derived work done without permission doesn't whitewash you of the courtesy of asking permission. It's not like the derived work's author is a giant corporation like Square Enix or a difficult-to-reach foreign composer that you can't even communicate with properly.

Now if you can't get a hold of the author, and there's nothing to imply they don't want you using it, then it might not matter so much if you decide to just use it anyway. Then if they ever come to you asking for you to remove their work, you can remove it.

Of course, by the books it's all illegal, but that's going by broken copyright laws that interfere with the advancement of culture and knowledge more than help anything. It's not even profitable for corporations to completely enforce their copyrights, so they a lot of times they don't even try.

thanks for the reply! yeah i figured the copyright situation (legal permission, etc) would be a bit overcomplicated, so i'm not even worried about it being legal. i'm just thinking if someone were to release a finished game they'd been working on secretly without announcing anything. say said game is really fun, with a great story, but reused graphics and other people's music. would the community accept with open arms or condemn it like it's evil?