Author Topic: Serge's thoughts  (Read 2070 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Serge's thoughts
« on: October 05, 2004, 12:51:03 am »
This is an opinion topic of course. What do you think was going through Serge's mind at certain parts of the game?

When twice his life was stolen, in about a week/month/whatever, do you really think he was just silent and a strong pillar? I happen to think Serge broke down at least twice. Also, I imagine he was enraged at Lynx after the body switching thing.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 04:40:23 am »
I think Serge could have been thinking about or contemplating the events happning around him...but breaking down? Becoming enraged? You DO know you're with him through 'n' through, right? While he could be thinking such thoughts, it's clear that he reacts to near nothing.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 05:21:47 pm »
I've always wondered what to make of the "silent protagonist".

As familiar with Crono & Serge as we may be, assigning them personalities seems odd. I don't believe they're stone cold and emotionless - I figured that it was a device allowing the reader's emotions to become that of the hero's.... its the only thing that makes sense to me.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 05:52:52 pm »
Crono shows lots of emotions!  Serge's character model is not animated at all, but during the cutscene in Fort Dragonia, as Lynx, he gives a good performance.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 06:09:30 pm »
The whole point of the silent protagonist is to give more of a "Role-Playing" feel. It's supposed to make the player feel as if they react in the character's stead, rather than the player feeling as if they're watching a movie. CC does this quite well as it allows a lot of storyline branching and an open-ended feel. It also leaves questions for the player to answer, such as should Serge end up with Kid or Leena?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 09:31:56 pm »
I've said it before, and I'll apparently have to say it again...But Kid leaves in the end...We see her on a boat going off to who-knows-where...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 10:16:53 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I've said it before, and I'll apparently have to say it again...But Kid leaves in the end...We see her on a boat going off to who-knows-where...

How do you know she isn't traveling into El Nido?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 08:38:42 pm »
She's using an El Nido boat (one that is or looks like Korcha's or possibly the fisherman's in Serge's hometown)...And would she start out somewhere outside of El Nido, if she starts Chrono Cross in it?

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 10:00:06 pm »
But remember: People mentioned "Radical Dreamers" as causing havoc on the mainland. Not to mention the fact the Kid's first known locale was Lucca's orphanage (it's possible she was found in a forest in El Nido, but it's more likely Lucca found her close to home). It's possible that after the events of CC, when the timeline reverted to an ideal state, Kid was placed back in the mainland, where Schala had originally sent her. Also, how do we know the boat is of El Nido design originally? We know what Porre's military boats look like, but their civilians may use boats that look like the one we see Kid riding. It might not even be of Porre, but of some other nation (in one of Norris's quotes, he makes it clear Porre is fighting with some other nations). It's even possible that someone rode that boat from El Nido to the mainland, at which point Kid stole...ahem, bought it.

My point is that there are far too many unknowns for us to say for sure one way or another what Kid is up to. Which brings us back to the possibility that the producers left it vague for a reason: so we can decide for ourselves whether Kid is coming to meet Serge, or going off on her own.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 11:18:23 pm »
My own theory, is that she does indeed leave El Nido, by the looks of where Schala is standing, from Opassa Beach, but the twist is, Shcala and Kid got sent to yet another dimension, and Kid is off to find the unified one.

I know, very little evidence for it.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Serge's thoughts
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 02:52:00 pm »
Quote from: Leebot
But remember: People mentioned "Radical Dreamers" as causing havoc on the mainland. Not to mention the fact the Kid's first known locale was Lucca's orphanage (it's possible she was found in a forest in El Nido, but it's more likely Lucca found her close to home). It's possible that after the events of CC, when the timeline reverted to an ideal state, Kid was placed back in the mainland, where Schala had originally sent her. Also, how do we know the boat is of El Nido design originally? We know what Porre's military boats look like, but their civilians may use boats that look like the one we see Kid riding. It might not even be of Porre, but of some other nation (in one of Norris's quotes, he makes it clear Porre is fighting with some other nations). It's even possible that someone rode that boat from El Nido to the mainland, at which point Kid stole...ahem, bought it.

My point is that there are far too many unknowns for us to say for sure one way or another what Kid is up to. Which brings us back to the possibility that the producers left it vague for a reason: so we can decide for ourselves whether Kid is coming to meet Serge, or going off on her own.

I was under the assumption that kid was found in Guardia forest. Is that just folklore, I have never seen the cutscenes for the port so I would not know.