Author Topic: Digg Reddit Users  (Read 464 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Digg Reddit Users
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:59:24 am »
Hey all,

I'm trying to get a feel for who has digg/reddit accounts.  If you do you may want to start utilizing them a bit more than normal.  If you are on the fence now is a great time to get one.  It may be very useful to have a solid user base with a good voting history in the coming months.

--JP

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Digg Reddit Users
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 03:27:28 am »
I don't even know what that is so this just sounds like an advertising thread to me...>_>

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 03:31:13 am »
haha.....it's not advertising...i promise.

digg/reddit are two popular sites for promoting internet articles.  If something gets enough a high enough score (based off a number of factors including number votes) it can get shown on the front page and suddenly tons of exposure.  But they watch out for people suddenly making a bunch of accounts the same day an article is submitted.  So if we were going to try to make something popular a couple months from now we'd want to make accounts now.

--JP

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 03:34:27 am »
We (I'm using this loosely, I don't exactly know who outside of ZeaLitY was responsible) already got Chrono Trigger as the Wikipedia article of the day before...so this is something like that?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 03:39:29 am »
Yup, I would say getting on the digg front page would get more exposure than wikipedias front page (i'm totally just guessing no numbers to back that up).  I feel like wikipedia gets more users but wikipedias frong page doesn't.  I'm not going to say what we would digg/reddit bomb (that's just voting for an article hoping it gets to the front page) it's a surprise :)

--JP

Ramsus

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 10:39:47 am »
What's weird is that I remember using reddit back when only a few thousand people a month were using it...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:09 pm »
Yea i know crazy isn't it?  I probably wasn't using it that far back but it's definitely grown substantially since i started.

--JP

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »
Okay, I think I've actually seen this thing before but didn't know this was what it was...I think they've got links ('Digg It' or some such) for this thing (among others) on all of the IGN articles...

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 09:43:20 pm »
yup, exactly.  So you should get an account :)  so should everyone else in case we need to digg bomb something.

--JP