Author Topic: Weapon Effect Graphics  (Read 1820 times)

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Weapon Effect Graphics
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:24:33 pm »
Recently I've been experimenting with changing the PC-attack animation pallet's Index. (which is going wonderfully, I may add --thanks to Justin3009 for the info) Due to this, I started to make some new weapons out of the spare empty Bows, Guns, and Fists that lie untapped in the ROM.

Here's the method for the pallet weapon index and the colors themselves: (this has probably been posted before, but I'm reiterating it here)

Quote from: Justin3009
I was able to find the palette index table today after some searching (the weapon index is moved 4 times within memory before the table is used)

$0D6CEC + weapon index

Ex: Rainbow is item $55, add to $0D6CEC and you get $0D6D41.  Change the value at that address ($00) to select a different palette.  If you enter $18 you should get the Wood Sword palette. ($1E = Swallow Blade colors)

The weapon palettes are at 114B00-114BBF.  6 bytes each, 32 total.  That should mean a limit of 3 colors per palette.
...and $00-1F is the valid range for the $0D6CEC,x index values.

Wood Sword = 114B90

Anyways, I've been searching for a way to change the animation indexes themselves. For instance, Lucca's empty Guns shoot a sideways (dart?) that looks very strange. Does anyone know where to find the animation index that a weapon uses? Or is this data compressed? Insight and answers much appreciated as always. ;)

~Z
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 05:34:23 pm by Zakyrus »

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Effect Graphics
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:57 pm »
Nevermind. I'll figure this out as soon as I get Geiger's Snes9X debugger figured out.
I'll post my findings here whenever that happens.  :lol:

~Z

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 01:01:03 pm »
Hate to bring up an old topic, but was the Animation Data ever found?

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 03:58:11 pm »
I was going to, but then I got sidetracked.  :picardno

Sorry...