Author Topic: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)  (Read 34751 times)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2009, 06:46:06 pm »
What? I wasn't arguing that, nor was I arguing that everyone would know who the Entity was. I'm talking about Crono and Company.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2009, 10:56:26 pm »
I wasn't arguing, just making the point that it's possible Crono and Co. had a religion until they learned about the entity.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2009, 02:26:00 pm »
Religion has always been a funny thing in the CT game.  Of course, from a logistical standpoint, SE probably stayed away from the issue, as did most games of the era.  The few signs we DO see of religion are mostly cult worship, including the Magus cult, the Yakra cult, and the Robo cult.

I'm not sure there's any blatant signs of religion outside of the phony cathedral.  Though one of the NPCs in relation to that cathedral calls the Chancellor a "very devout man" for going there all the time.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2009, 05:21:16 pm »
Part XI is up!

http://www.honestgamers.com/systems/content.php?fiction_id=454&platform=Super+Nintendo&abr=&gametitle=Chrono+Trigger

We've officially entered the difficult "wasteland of Act II," as it is usually called in the industry.  I'm trying my best to keep things interesting and moving through the unavoidable build up to the climax.  I'm happy with the result so far.

How about you?

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2009, 06:03:10 am »
Part XII is finished, and should be up soon!  These latest additions are shorter than the posts have been, but that's because they come at the beginning of a new Act.  My climaxes tend to be longer than my build-ups.  Or rather, my build-ups come in bursts, while my climaxes are one long fall.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2009, 07:03:19 pm »
Haha, sorry I haven't been replying! I've been a bit busy. ^_^; I'll review chapter 11 first:

First off...

Quote from: Chrono Break
Tradition dictated that family should be together at such a time, so it had been customary for the castle to send it’s staff away at this time of the year.

Its, not it's. Though that was likely just a typo, though I should point it out. Also,

Quote from: Chrono Break
Crono had changed this tradition slightly, and instead invited all of the servant’s immediate family to the castle each solstice, “filling all the empty spaces,” as he said.

I believe you mean "servants'"? When talking about the possessions of a plural group, always put the apostrophe after the 's', not before. Again, probably just a typo. Finally, on to the story...

So is this another "setting-the-stage" chapter? Even so, it's interesting... Poor Crono is too warrior-like for the world of politics, but he's also too warrior-like for Nadia... It seems kind of sad that they're drifting apart. I wonder why Crono brought Bill back...? It seems kind of...suspicious. I'm sure you have a reason-

OMG HE CAUSES THE FALL OF GUARDIA DOESN'T HE??!?!??!11//1!//!???

*clears throat*

That's all for 11, I guess. On to 12!

Oh dear. Again, Crono moving away from her. He isn't going to take very well to seeing that dance... There isn't much to say on this one. I eagerly await the next part!

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2009, 06:35:44 pm »
The apostrophe is one of the most embarrassing mistakes an English Major can make.  Thanks for pointing those out.

Yeah, these are still kind've setting the stage.  I've got one more of that ilk, and then things will start crashing down, in part IV.

After that, it's a roller coaster ride of destruction and emotion for a while ^_^

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2009, 07:59:14 pm »
Oh, I just noticed this: Is Act II going to be from Nadia's point of view? If so, that'll be interesting...

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2009, 03:11:51 am »
Actually, it's Act III that will be mostly from her point of view.  Act II is a transition from Crono to Nadia.  You're going to get a wide range of views in this Act.

The next part will feature James, the brother to Gregoire and Samdel of the Mayor's Residence in Truce, who was left behind to enforce the military occupation in Ghetz's place.

It will also mark the appearance of a certain ex-wrestler...

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2009, 12:12:20 pm »
Yey I just caught up! Love it, keep it up, ooo Act III sounds like its gonna be good

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2009, 01:14:37 pm »
One would always hope ^_^

The next section should come soon.  I've got a few other things to finish up, an article for a magazine, a couple reviews, and a script edit.  But maybe by the end of this or  next week?

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2009, 01:14:39 am »
Yeeey! i'll be patient!

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2009, 10:05:20 pm »

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2009, 04:13:51 pm »
Okay, the proverbial shit is starting to hit the fan, people!  I give you chapter fourteen of Chrono Break.  It's a downward spiral from here on out. Feedback always appreciated:

http://www.honestgamers.com/systems/content.php?fiction_id=457&platform=Super+Nintendo&abr=&gametitle=Chrono+Trigger

On a separate note, if anyone has been wondering why I was slow in getting this one out, it's because of my jobs at The Examiner and Honest Gamers.  If people like my writing in Chrono Break, then I encourage you to read my latest articles at The Examiner, on the best of film nudity:

http://www.examiner.com/x-5140-Portland-Indie-Film-Examiner~y2009m3d10-Big-Blue-Penis-introducing-the-best-of-film-nudity