Author Topic: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)  (Read 34757 times)

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2008, 05:36:33 am »
Update!

Part IX is finally up.  I hope you all enjoy it.  My well wishes for the new year's to you all.

Quick link to part IX:
http://www.honestgamers.com/systems/content.php?game_id=2242&console_id=10&fiction_id=451

Link to rest is on first page.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2008, 01:03:27 pm »
Huh. Interesting chapter. Crono was pretty...evil. o_O I wonder what's in store for him when he gets back. I'll have to wait and see. Bill is an interesting character, though. I wonder if he'll return.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2009, 03:02:29 pm »
Crono's gonna have one angry Marle-Nadia to answer to if she finds out thats for sure! I'm glad he one I was scared there for a minute with the poison claw!

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2009, 07:23:27 pm »
PART X is up, you can read it here:

http://www.honestgamers.com/systems/content.php?fiction_id=452&platform=Super+Nintendo&abr=&gametitle=Chrono+Trigger

This one's fairly short and a little different from the rest.  It's meant as a prelude to Act II, which will begin in Part XI, due out sometime in the next couple weeks.

EDIT: Also, can a moderator move this topic to the other fan forums?  The feedback and what not?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:44:48 pm by Zipp Dementia »

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2009, 05:55:01 pm »
Hm, interesting... The only thing I have to nitpick about is that it's canon that Crono and Co. destroyed the Black Omen, so it wouldn't exist... (Nor would anyone remember it, as they destroyed it in 12000 BG, pretty much erasing it from history) Just "God" would be fine, I think... ("Entity" would be cool, but would make even less sense)

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2009, 01:37:53 am »
Hm, interesting... The only thing I have to nitpick about is that it's canon that Crono and Co. destroyed the Black Omen, so it wouldn't exist... (Nor would anyone remember it, as they destroyed it in 12000 BG, pretty much erasing it from history) Just "God" would be fine, I think... ("Entity" would be cool, but would make even less sense)

Glad you brought this up, because I was hoping to have some discussion about this, to incorporate into a later part as an aside.

I've taken the approach that even though Crono and Co destroyed the Black Omen, its erasure from history wasn't complete, leaving people with phrases that they don't know where they came from, such as this one.

Thoughts?

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2009, 09:03:37 pm »
Um...time doesn't work that way... The only way for people to remember things that have been sent to the DBT is to exist on a Time-Error, which only time travelers or people in the End of Time would exist on. As funky as the Black Dream* is, if The Team erased it from history, it's erased from history. Gaspar, Spekkio, and The Team are the only ones who would remember it.

* - Japanese name for the Black Omen. I use the Japanese names for certain things if I think they're more appropriate.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2009, 04:02:24 pm »
Unless people from 12000 B.G. who would remember the black omen started saying such phrases or passed down the story or prhases or what not along through the generations. . . hmm

however I like the idea of it not being completely erased, I cant think of a logical reason (besides the one I came up with above which can be disproven easily) but it perks my interest, I'd like to think that some events exist through out the flow of time, little blips of the past, a ghost of a memory still lingering where its not supposed to.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2009, 06:47:41 pm »
While an interesting idea, Mage, it doesn't hold very much water; in the Chronoverse, anything that is rewritten by a time traveler gets DBT'ed completely and utterly. There would be no weird floating remnants of things in time; everything is in the DBT. The only people who would know of it would be the people in 12000 BG, unless they passed it down like you said.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2009, 12:48:23 am »
See that's sort've what I was thinking, that this phrase got passed down but now people use it without knowing what it means.  Just like we can imagine people eventually say god damn it without realizing it has Biblical origins.  Already people don't really think of those origins when they use the phrase.

The other possibility is that it's something Crono said that got picked up by the public at large after he became king.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2009, 08:28:28 am »
Hm, interesting idea, though still a bit far-fetched... (Also, wouldn't Crono say "Entity" or "Lavos" in place of "God" or whatever...? o_O) But then again, your story. As FaustWolf said, you can do whatever you want, according to DBT Janus. :)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2009, 02:13:04 pm »
hmm now i'm interested in the origin of such phrases as 'dude' 'damn straight' and 'i'll be a monkeys uncle' . . .

annnnyway,

I like the idea of people using it with out knowing what the true meaning is, it deffinately relates to us :)

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2009, 08:16:55 pm »
Hm, interesting idea, though still a bit far-fetched... (Also, wouldn't Crono say "Entity" or "Lavos" in place of "God" or whatever...? o_O) But then again, your story. As FaustWolf said, you can do whatever you want, according to DBT Janus. :)

He wouldn't say goddammit... he would say "by the Black Omen!"  Which is maybe how it got picked up, I'm saying.

Cool to see you guys are still reading.  Keeps me writing.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2009, 08:46:57 pm »
Eh, Crono and Co. didn't have many ties to the Black Dream. If anything, they'd say "by Lavos!" or "For the Entity's sake!" But not "by the Black Omen!"

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2009, 11:47:04 pm »
Nobody said there couldn't be religion. Religion is an odd thing... There was probably a seperate religion in Guardia, nobody knew about the Entity until Robo brought it up.