Author Topic: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)  (Read 35143 times)

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:06 pm »
Keep an eye on that...

OMG RAINBOW'S GOING TO SHATTER ISN'T IT?!?!?!?!?!?! O_O!

ZOMG!

Poor Crono... If that does happen, that would royally suck for him. :(

Oh, and have you played the Retranslation...? That line is a translation error, I believe. (I didn't get that far in the Retranslation, but in CTDS I don't remember her saying that...) But eh. Cool line anyway. :p

Also, I hate to say it, but CT Swallow =/= Serge's weapons. :/ The fact that it's a short sword is a good idea though; a lot of knights had both short and longswords in the middle ages, I think... (Or were those Samurai? Meh...)

P.S. Looking forward to your CTDS review! :D I'm sure it'll be good.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2008, 11:24:39 am »
If Rainbow shatters, Crono can just whip out Dreamseeker (from CTDS) and avenge Rainbow.

EDIT: Sorry if this is too off-topic, but in Chrono Flux Redux I gave Shadow the ability to dual-wield, unlike in the original Chrono Flux and Crono altogether. My reason to for mentioning this is b/c I wondered if Crono could ever do that?

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2008, 12:48:18 pm »
Crono doesn't have Dreamweaver (I think that's the original Japanese name, sounds cooler than Dreamseeker in my opinion...) in this, though. Zipp hasn't played CTDS, remember? Otherwise Crono would have had Dreamweaver and Rainbow instead of Rainbow and Swallow.

Not to mention that it's unlikely they actually fight the DD... I think they're just a gameplay device so we can see what happens there.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2008, 04:08:45 pm »
Well, I'm playing through CTDS right  now (remember I'm reviewing it), but Chocobo Fan is correct in that, for the most part, this fan fic will be based off the original translation.  The main reasons for this are that I know the original translation better (having played Chrono Trigger for the SNES once a year for ten years) and also the compendium is based off the original (for the most part) meaning that if I want to look stuff up, it's easier to do it if I'm using the original translation.

I figured Swallow wasn't Serge's Swallow (considering the difference in appearance) but don't you think it's a reference?  Maybe not.  In any case, I don't know about Medieval Europe, but I know for sure that Samurai usually wore three swords of varying length.  I'm pretty sure in Europe most knights carried ceremonial blades when they traveled, and used big-ass broadswords designed for bashing when they went to war.  Of course, that's an oversimplification of the period, but I don't think they usually carried more than one sword.

As for dueling with two weapons, I hadn't thought about it, to be honest.  I guess I just see Crono as a one handed kind of guy.  Who knows, though?  We'll find out in the next section.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 03:15:18 am »
By the way, is anyone having trouble with the links?  Are they showing up okay?

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 09:10:52 am »
Yeah, they're fine for me.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2008, 05:14:02 am »
So I just sorta glazed over the last page of this topic...saw something about the Dreamweaver.  What is that?  The only Dreamweaver I know is from the Silver Surfer animated sreis, one of most underrated shows ever!

But yea what is it?

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 05:37:26 am »
So I just sorta glazed over the last page of this topic...saw something about the Dreamweaver.  What is that?  The only Dreamweaver I know is from the Silver Surfer animated sreis, one of most underrated shows ever!

But yea what is it?

Dreamweaver is a new weapon from Chrono Trigger DS, which I believe is the second most powerful sword in the game... am I right on that?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 06:32:48 am »
It's called Dreamseeker.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 12:26:59 pm »
And it's Crono's best weapon in CTDS.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 05:12:51 pm »
Yup, it's actually Dreamseeker, (though I like Dreamweaver better, ah well...) and it's the best katana in the game. (240 attack power, 90% critical rate. Yes, 90%. O_O) You obtain it after getting the new ending "Dream's Epilogue".

(Also, I was wrong on it being Dreamweaver in the Japanese version. It's actually "Dream-Fantasy" or "Fantasy", so, uh, I  made a pretty big mistake there, sorry... -.-;)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:37 pm »
Dreamweaver and Fantasy sound pretty neat. I wish they were separate swords.

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2008, 05:12:08 am »
So I haven't had a chance to read any of this yet...but it looks good, man.  When I get a chance I'm gonna have to catch up and let ya know what I think!!

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2008, 01:04:30 pm »
So I haven't had a chance to read any of this yet...but it looks good, man.  When I get a chance I'm gonna have to catch up and let ya know what I think!!

Please do!

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2008, 09:30:24 pm »
Just letting you all know I'm hard at work on Part IX.  Fight scenes are difficult to write.  It's a fine line between inaction and over-action that a writer has to walk.

Anyways, expect to see this as my Christmas present to the Chrono community.