Author Topic: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)  (Read 34774 times)

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Break (fan fiction work in progress)
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 08:18:01 pm »
Glad to see you're still reading.  The next part is well on its way and includes one of my favourite side characters.  I'd always wanted to write something with her in it.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:53 am »
I need a bit more time on Part VII.  It's another tricky one.  Well, they're all tricky at this point... but this one is particularly hard.  Dialouge heavy with a difficult character.  Anyways, let's say Friday and keep our fingers crossed.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 06:31:50 pm »
Part VII not ready yet.  I've once again been struck with illness, so I've been working on it sporadically.  I did, however, catch and fix a small error in Part VI.  Fritz refers to the moving of Leene's bell to Poore in that part.  It should read "Nadia's bell," as Leene's Bell was replaced with Nadia's bell in 1000AD.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2008, 07:52:34 pm »
Alright, against all odds, it's done.  Part VII has been added to the first page.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 08:29:42 pm »
Hm, sounds interesting. Definitely makes me hungry for more. The bard is quite an interesting character. I'd like to see what happens with him. Hm...

And the bell thing was intriguing as well. Some sort of metaphor that Nadia's in trouble or something? o.O

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 11:08:15 pm »
Hm, sounds interesting. Definitely makes me hungry for more. The bard is quite an interesting character. I'd like to see what happens with him. Hm...

And the bell thing was intriguing as well. Some sort of metaphor that Nadia's in trouble or something? o.O

I'm glad you're intrigued.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to dish out any relevations any time soon.  The story is designed for a big bang at the finish.

We're now more than a third of the way through (proposed 17 part story), and there's plenty to be intrigued by yet on the way.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 05:51:12 am »
Oooooh, big bang, sweet! :D Yeah, don't worry about it, I don't like spoilers. :p

Only seventeen chapters? Not so bad. :) I still can't wait for the next part! :D

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 01:57:13 pm »
I know I say this about every part, but the next one is tricky.

The reason this one is tricky is that it begins the second arc of the story (out of three arcs).  The second arc is the proverbial "second act wasteland" in which a lot is set up, but not much is knocked down.  I'm looking for that magic something to keep things interesting, and while I've got enough to go on, I'm not quite satisfied.  So I'm still thinking about it before stretching my fingers.

As usual, though, it will probably be done within a week.

Chocobo_Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 06:56:41 pm »
Oh, I see. Sounds like it's going to get real interesting. :D Good luck. Don't worry if it takes too long, I have patience and there's no way I can complain, seeing as I could never possibly write as well as you. :p

Keep up the excellent work! *thumbs up*

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2008, 04:56:58 pm »
Writer's Journal: figured out how I want to do the next section and have the rough details plotted out in my head.  Will probably start work on it tomorrow, as I have a James Bond party to attend to this evening.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2008, 05:05:09 am »
Sadly no update this week.  I'm now a reviewer for Honest Gamers (http://www.honestgamers.com) under the names Zipp Dementia and Jonathan Alisandyr.  While I'm still very committed to the Chrono Break project, HG pays me in the form of free video games, as long as I review 'em.  So I have to take care of them first, which means beating Legendary so I can post my review of it.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some work done on Break tomorrow.  I would hope to have the next part up by mid-next week.  Sorry guys.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2008, 11:34:17 am »
Oooh Thats a nice trade, free video games for reviewing them! I'll be patient, I can wait....  maybe lol jk.  :)

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008, 03:47:40 am »
Hopefully it won't be too long, I got quite a bit of work done on it today.  This next part is proving to be really fun to write.  As usual, some old characters pop up in this one, I think you'll all enjoy it.

Zipp Dementia

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 03:15:34 pm »
My apologies, but in lieu of a new chapter, I bring you instead another update.

Actually, things are looking good.  It was mostly the holidays that kept me busy.  Last night I brought the new chapter close to a conclusion, so one more day of work (probably tomorrow), should see the chapter posted.

Thanks for your patience (if I still have any readers remaining...)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2008, 03:17:18 pm »
Zipp, I'm highly interested in this and intend to set some time aside to read it. Keep up the voluminous work! Nothing can be more inspiring than shaping one's vision of Chrono Break.