Author Topic: How many "entities"?  (Read 1438 times)

LavosFan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
How many "entities"?
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:57:17 pm »
There once was a boy named Lavos. He was minding his own business like usual, traveling through space at incredible speeds, when Lavos noticed a girl flirting with him far away looking all blue and cute, that girl was called Earth or Planet, also known as Entity. Lavos invited himself into Entity's house, but apparently Entity was just messing with him and refused his propositions. Lavos got mad, but there was nothing he could do(except maybe kill her). Now all the kids hate Lavos, except me, thats why im on a big crusade to destroys the Entity's reputation, buahauahua!

Anyways, in all seriousness now, my question is, how many entities are there? If the Entity is the spirit of the planet, then thats fine. But in CC we become aware of the different dimensions in the Chrono Universe. Each dimension has a different planet in different conditions. Does each planet has its own "entity"? Like for example, the planet on the reptite dimension is a healthy beautiful planet (I imagine) so is this the same entity guarding all planets, or does each planet has its own? And if each planet has its own entity, why would the entity of the other planet just go ahead and let others entities mess with its planet by, dunno, warping a big fat tower out of it?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: How many "entities"?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:24:35 am »
Mostly: Further input necessary to hypothesize.

But, from what we're shown, the Entity doesn't actually seem to have a massive effect on the occurrences that happen to it...I mean, Lavos had to actually wipe it out before it initially was able to intervene...

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:08:24 pm »

But, from what we're shown, the Entity doesn't actually seem to have a massive effect on the occurrences that happen to it...I mean, Lavos had to actually wipe it out before it initially was able to intervene...

Seconded..
Still, for me, I believe that there is only a single entity in all of Chronoverse.  Much like the way FATE manipulated El Nido, both Home and Another, showing that there is only one FATE supercomputer in existence.

LavosFan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:41:48 am »
ah yes! but thats in Chrono Trigger! In Chrono Cross the Entity is fully aware. After all, it was the planet that pulled in Dinopolis into the dimension to fight off Chronopolis. And this was once Lavos was already defeated.

I mean, Lavos had to actually wipe it out before it initially was able to intervene...

Hmm...this brings the question, if Lavos(or anyone for that matter) destroys the Entity or the planet in one dimension, would the Entity die in all dimensions?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:46:25 am by LavosFan »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 02:13:17 pm »
I believe it's been hypothesized that Dinopolis coming through was a direct result of Chronopolis, in that it was simply reactionary. It's possible that the Entity didn't really even have a part in it at all.

As for your last question, like I said...there's not enough evidence to even hypothesize on the matter.