Author Topic: My theory of the Kid time traveling paradox  (Read 996 times)

ChronoSuper

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
My theory of the Kid time traveling paradox
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:59:29 am »

Due to the time crash, Chronopolis/FATE makes a new timeline from 7600 BC onward. But, that 10,000-year past still needed to exist, or Chronopolis wouldn't of been created (even though it's future is ended by Lavos; the Frozen Flame powering FATE, causing the crash). So, K-1 morphs into K-2, when Kid teleports from the Chronopolis-influenced K-1 timeline.

:D

I also add to my theory: Seeing how K-2 is really a distortion of both timelines, Leah would have no trouble arriving in the future at Gaea's Navel. The question is if 'land-anger' and/or her pendant had anything to do with teleporting her there.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:30:46 am by ChronoSuper »

killercactus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: My theory of the Kid time traveling paradox
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 09:26:43 am »
Do you really think Chronopolis created a new timeline from 7600 (or 12000) BC onward?  If it did, the 10,000 year past before Chronopolis doesn't need to exist anymore for Chronopolis to exist, because we're now on a completely different timeline where Chronopolis exists in 7600 (or 12000) BC, instead of being created in 2400 AD.  Since we're on a different timeline, Chronopolis doesn't need to be pulled back to exist there.

However, I don't believe that's the case.  Lavos pulled Chronopolis back to the time period where it existed.  How could Lavos, who exists in timeline K1, pull Chronopolis to any timeline other than K1?  I think, instead of the pull back creating K2 (as in nearly all other time travel circumstances), K1 remains, but is being overwritten by the new, Chronopolis influenced K1.  Instead of having K1 and K2, you have K1 and K1a right on top of it.  It could be theorized that K1a isn't even a timeline, just the actual K1 timeline's disguise.

Then, when Kid travels back 10 years to save Serge, we encounter a strange situation.  Normally, the timeline from 1010AD forward would be discarded to the DBT, and a new timeline would commence.  However, there are two timelines present there - one on top of the other.  The original K1 is discarded at that point (as it should be), but K1a, the mask, if you will, remains.  It's not a real timeline, so it isn't discarded, and it becomes Another World.  The new timeline created by Kid's travel is Home World - thus the split in the dimensions.

Disclaimer:  everything above is my theory only - none of it has been proven or validated

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 06:51:47 pm »
I'd like to see someone do a chart like that for the entire chrono series. :D

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 06:52:51 pm »
There ARE charts like that for the entire Chrono series.  See the Encyclopedia and Articles sections.  They show all the various timelines and there are lots of well written articles to help explain things.