Author Topic: Can you help me about this racism CT fan fic?  (Read 1079 times)

4th Triforce piece

Can you help me about this racism CT fan fic?
« on: October 01, 2008, 03:14:33 am »
(gasps and pucks all over King Chrono just as I was in the middle explaning him how wrong he was to treat these people here this way after the so called war.)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4362439/12/The_Trials_of_the_King  This story is pretty good writen though a little bit fast but there is high racisimim where the Author seems to support killing this tribe that was here first and they haven't done much wrong except want freedom and I don't blame them (The tribe) in believing in sucide if they don't win a war.

Can one of you help the author see reason?   I gave her the ol 1,2 about it but I need assistance in case she is like THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 03:16:09 am by 4th Triforce piece »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Can you help me about this racism CT fan fic?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 03:17:19 am »

We're listening.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 04:00:02 am »
Cool it. That story was more likely than not written by a mindless fanboy/girl. If there was racism in it, it was most likely not being conveyed on it's own volition. You're pretty much siding with those 80 year old republican cockloads who say old cartoons should be destroyed ecause of the violence.

No one is hurting anybody. You're not doing anything for "The Greater Good" or whatever. You're making an ass out of yourself, making a random girl feel bad about herself for something she didn't mean to do, and overall looking way to far into this. For fuck sake, it's a fanfiction.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:40:36 am »
Perhaps the fanfic is a subtle example of real-life histories?  Such as how we did just that to the Native Americans...?  Taken with the right context, perhaps it's moreso social commentary.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:11:03 am »
Fix your spelling and grammar before you bother someone else. 
It sounds more like genocide.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 04:02:50 pm »
Perhaps it's a comparison to history. Whatever it is, I strongly have always agreed with a particular dude(one of my idols) Voltaire. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it." Everyone is entitled to what they think, no matter how cruel or twisted it may be. If it's not what you're into, then just let it be.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 01:39:37 am »
Important fanfic question after this below.

I letted it go already and I put an apology about yelling at her in the final review chapter though not about how I view things of course:     I hope she read that before she sent me her reply which has just came.     

I have autism which causes a chemical inbalance and it takes a long time for me to calm down then most people.   

The problem that ticks me off isn't the story but it seems she supports racism by making Chrono ahem King Chrono (The good guy) in all this.    I still dont' fully know where in the SNES game this tribe is can you answer?

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 01:49:26 am »
 I have autism too, but I don't make claims on small evidence. >_>

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 02:18:32 am »
Before I begin hear is her reply:

----- Original Message -----
To: kylehillx@msn.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2008 3:01 AM
Subject: What the...

You sir, are on crack.

That's what I'm guessing, anyway. Actually, I think it's more likely that you were just pretty drunk, which means you should have been watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force or one of Adult Swim's other insane shows. But oh well, you octupled the number of reviews Trials of the King had, so thanks!

On the off chance that you're actually just a well-meaning kid, a note about the whole racism bit: Marle's reasons for going to war were political, not racial, and though Vincent was motivated by hatred, it was based on a personal vendetta, nothing racial. Plus, they were being manipulated by a Lavoid Queen, so it's not entirely their fault in the first place. As for me, though I'm completely, 100% white, if aliens conquered the Earth and told everyone that, for classified reasons, they had to pick one ethnic group to date/marry/etc. and had to stay away from the others, my pick would be Asian, not white. So, no racist here.

The problem I had was the way she made the ideas of the tribe go wrong and make Chrono like he is some sort of war God.  It was definetly inbalanced at the least.     She is very assuming too.   :P

I don't think any of you even read my review from yhour statements.   I may not understand complex emotions at all but I DO know what racism is and do not support it.         Cartoon violence has nothign to do with it.  Point is mute.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 02:20:12 am by 4th Triforce piece »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 03:17:57 am »
This whole thing is just pointless.

As for me, though I'm completely, 100% white, if aliens conquered the Earth and told everyone that, for classified reasons, they had to pick one ethnic group to date/marry/etc. and had to stay away from the others, my pick would be Asian, not white. So, no racist here.
WTF?

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 06:21:34 am »
LOL this thread really is pointless.

Btw, to the quoted sentence above: That has to be one of the longest sentences I've seen in a while. Holy balls.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:29:17 am »
This whole thing is just pointless.

As for me, though I'm completely, 100% white, if aliens conquered the Earth and told everyone that, for classified reasons, they had to pick one ethnic group to date/marry/etc. and had to stay away from the others, my pick would be Asian, not white. So, no racist here.
WTF?

ew, Asians???  she is the one on crack!

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 06:53:32 pm »
She's referring to J-Rockers like Gackt, Miyavi, Reita and the like. Not real, ordinary asian men.

Sadly, that's the image that teenage otaku females get whenever they hear the words "Asian Man".