Author Topic: 2008 New Fall Television Season  (Read 1631 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
2008 New Fall Television Season
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:36:42 pm »
If you wanna check when some of your favorite shows (or new shows) on the main networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX...& the CW) premiere...It can be a pain in the butt if you're not sure & stuff is on at the same time or w/e...

2008 New Fall Television Season

I'm willing to admit I watch America's Next Top Model and that pretty much is my Wednesdays slot at 8. They've got an unattractive tranny on it now! Hoo...ray...? V_V But they've also got a bi girl from Washington who seems to actually know how to model! There's also an asian girl who's doing ok (she's one of those "I wish I was black" asians though, it seems...I think she's from NY or something, which might explain it), and I'll always route for an asian girl on this series.

I also caught Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles (stupid ass name) on Monday at 8...and though I loved seeing Shirley Manson (singer of Garbage) as a new T-1000 (why would they continue to use them? I thought they were flawed...maybe it's a model past 1000...?), unless scheduling changes, this'll be up against Heroes...

Fringe (premiered Tuesday at 8, usual time is Tuesday at 9), that J.J. Abrams show was ok...kind of X-Files-ish...but oddly enough the main thing I liked about it was the comic-booky way they showed the location names...which may or may not show how I feel about it...it was ok, but I'll probably replace it with something else...I didn't watch the second episode because another network (ion television) has been syndicating 1st season NCIS here (Monday & Tuesdays at 9), which I never caught...

House is back already at the earlier time slot of Tuesdays at 8...New episode was pretty good. One of my fav shows easy. Oh dammit...because of the new time, it'll be on at the same time as NCIS...FUCK YOU FRINGE!!! FUCK YOU TO HELL!!! I'm gonna HAVE to watch the NCIS premiere too...the season finale was WAAAAAY too much of a cliffhanger!

I'll probably be watching Smallville (Thursday at 8) because for w/e reason my mom likes watching it too and its like the only real interaction we have together...Even though the last season or so has been kinda bleh...V_V From the previews I've seen, it looks like they're going to show more of the wacky Justice League they've got going...Green Arrow, Cyborg & Aqua Man (it's like they were only able to get the C-listers)...although they've also got a Flash (who's a punk kid) and Black Canary (who's costume is super lame...especially the mask). Maybe things'll pick up again this season...

It shows Heroes as being Monday at 9, but that can't be right since the premiere's going to be 3 hours...I think Monday at 9 is the usual time and the premiere will be at 8...I hope this season (subtitled Villains) makes up for the lackluster 2nd season that was really interrupted by the strike...

I would have watched Knight Rider...I thought the tv movie deal was ok...but that stupid morphing transformation crap they've been showing in the teaser commercials looks stupid as hell.

And damn, Life is on Monday at 9 too...what the hell am I going to watch?

If I wasn't watching Smallville, I'd want to check out that 'new' show Kath & Kim (remake of an Australian show I guess) because it looks like a good comedic cast...

I might check out My Own Worst Enemy as well...especially if Monday at 10 is its regular time.

Otherwise Thursdays from 9-10, I'll probably watch The Office & 30 Rock...why the fuck isn't anything worth watching on Fridays?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 11:39:37 pm by V_Translanka »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 New Fall Television Season
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 10:50:07 pm »
This really is all I watch, not out of new season but period:

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles     Fox     8pm     Monday,
Heroes  NBC     9pm     Monday
House     Fox     8pm     Tuesday
Fringe   Fox     9pm     Tuesday
Bones     Fox     8pm     Wednesday

And 24: Redemption‎ on November 23 which isn't a series but a movie pilot for the upcoming season 7.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:07:29 am »
I think the season opener for Heroes is only 2 hours long...

And I'm excited about Lost!  But that doesn't start back up until January...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:54:11 am »
I think the season opener for Heroes is only 2 hours long...

Really? Damn, where did I hear it was 3 hours...? Lemme look...

Quote from: nbc.com
Heroes: Season 3

Special 3 hour Season Premiere starts Monday at 8/7c. Prepare for the premiere: watch the Heroes webisodes "Going Postal" only online.

Front page, looks like I was right! Hooray!

Oh yeah, I don't know if I saw it on that list or not, but I also caught the premiere of Saturday Night Live and it was pretty good. Loved Tina Fey coming back to do Sarah Palin & also loved the digital short space olympics. I heard Amy Poehler will eventually be leaving SNL because she's gonna need time to have her baby...then she's going to be working on The Office spin-off as well as more movie projects...I wonder who's going to replace her on Weekend Update? My money's on rising star Kristen Wiig...I can no longer see Weekend Update as a sausage fest, I'm afraid...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 11:57:43 am by V_Translanka »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 04:47:58 pm »
I like crime dramas. Like... let's see here... is in on here? ... it is! Criminal Minds is one of my favorite shows. They did something nasty in one of the seasons, though. Gideon left. Do you know who Gideon was, once upon a time? ... INIGO MONTOYA.
Pushing Daisies I knew was coming back. I love how your poking someone could be the difference between life and death... literally. If I could do that... I don't know. It would be scary.
Eli Stone is another. C'mon! It's a lawyer (everyone knows just how awesome lawyers are) with head problems (those are fun when done right) and they left me on a cliffhanger! What's not to love? ... nothing, unless you don't like this sort of thing.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 06:14:27 pm »
Radical_Dreamer and I will be waiting for Lost. He'll probably also be waiting for Heroes.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 01:59:40 am »
Yeah. Lost is the best show on television, and I want to see if they go in some interesting places with Heroes. It has good potential, and the first season was really good. Season 2 was weak though; presumably it was about positioning things for the upcoming season, which if they don't execute on, I'm just going to give up on the show.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 08:49:27 am »
Sadly, Shark won't be returning.  One of the more interesting legal shows.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 09:27:52 am »
Are we not completely tired of lawyer, doctor & cop shows? Hmmm...maybe if they combine the three most overused tv show concepts...Though I say this even though I love House (he's a special doctor, though) & Life (it's not a typically put together cop show...nor is the main character a typical cop)...but w/e...

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 10:36:43 am »
I don't watch other legal dramas, so I was not tired of it.  I hardly even watch tv so themes don't tire for me as quickly.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 03:01:27 am »
Heroes just ended on west coast.  I have to say I'm pretty pumped for this season.....not sure if were putting spoilers here or not but.....good stuff.

--JP

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:11:41 am »
It was definately better than Season 2. They've set themselves up for some intersting things, but the way they are handling time travel is making me nervous. I'll keep up for now.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 04:01:00 am »
Yeah, I watched the Heroes premiere. Good to know it looks better than the last season already. Though I swear to god...every other hero can see the future or something...>_>

Back pustules! Hooray!

Oh yeah, I found out there was going to be, like, a premiere episode of Life next Monday after Heroes, but then it would be on its regular time at 10 on the following Friday. So, awesome, I DO have something to watch on Friday! Hooray!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 04:05:59 am by V_Translanka »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 05:57:49 am »
I must say Kristen Bell especially as Elle (the young cute mildly-naive sadistic sociopath) is one of the rare actresses that I am amazingly attracted too.

Oh and here:
---->

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 07:47:06 am »
Kristen Bell...always hawt...I only realized until the end that now we've got two people that've made their way from Veronica Mars now. EAT SHIT & DIE THE CW~!! >_>