Author Topic: A Form of Artistic Expression  (Read 1268 times)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
A Form of Artistic Expression
« on: September 14, 2008, 05:44:15 pm »
As I am getting older and getting acclimated to the adult world of marriage, a career, and focused living, I am finding that my own message to the world is becoming a personal priority.  If I were to pass on today, what message would I leave behind?  What of my believes, my theories, my personal worldview?  Would it last a year, a decade, a lifetime?  Would it last at all?

As such, my own personal form of artistic expression is once again taking flight, carrying me onward into my lifeline.  I have a purpose, a reason for living, and I have a worldview to unveil to the world at large.  I am not living an insignificant life if I chose to live within a climate of action, grasping the reigns of determinism and escaping the chains of fate.

I am an acting cog in the world at large.

So I beseech those that are looking for an avenue of personal artistic expression!  Today is the day we can shape history and create a different tomorrow!  Some of us are basking within the imaginary glories of a young dream, others are grasping the edge of the Springtime of Youth!

Those of you may remember that back in March (or so) we began to discuss some potential outlets for advertising the Chronoverse, stirring up the heartstrings of a new generation.  The thread dwindled away, but the idea has survived.  As such, I am spearheading a personal compendium of allies to launch a string of personal artistic expression to any and all (while also finding the zeal of life).  The expressions can take any form one would want, however, I do have a vision that can be combined to form a small, subtle, and powerful transient group bent on spreading the "world that was saved"!

Because this venture is sensitive and subject to breaking certain rules/guidelines, if interested please feel free to PM me.  From there we can choose to meet on different terms, with a different purpose that leaves the confines of the digital Compendium.

Expression is for all who dare to test it's waters!

And remember...

Lavos Was Here, 1999AD.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:47:18 pm by Boo the Gentleman Caller »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
Re: A Form of Artistic Expression
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 07:15:42 pm »
*laughs heartily* Good show! Good show! I must say!

Indeed! Let us spread these words! Let us spread it like mustard upon the sandwich of the world!

I too, see these words of expression as a great change for the world that is most disturbingly passing on. These days, insanity and sanity are one and the same. Life is but the beginning of death, and death but the beginning of life. Through the years my words alone have left me, leaving me with not but my mind. That is all that I have to rely on other than those I cherish and my friends and allies. Let this mind not decay in the smoldering remains of a chared world that man has left behind! Bring forth the courage and strong will to intice these changes and make new the world of man, woman, child, and all other beings! Let not corrupts retain its place, for chaos has overrun the world's last breath. Bring upon the words of a forgotten babe, and its mother's bossom to thrust unto. Utter the words of a forsaken time, a age of glorious recreation and enlightenment! Let the earth, time, and eternity be reborn!

As Time ticks on, so does our lives.
Every second, every minute, every hour.
We should appriciate this privilage,
Because Time is not as eternal as one thinks....

Years roll by, and days and nights intertwine.
Every being, every soul, and every life.
Those who pass up this chance,
Are missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:20:09 pm »
Why do I get a Fight Club feel from this?

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »
*scratches chin* I dunno. Perhaps you fear change? Or are unsettled by this in some way.....hmm...

I do think this topic should be moved. It seems so out of place in this thread. Perhaps in the Springtime of Youth thread? General Discussion? Whichever.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:34 pm »
Why would it go in either of those forums? It's directly about the Chronoverse...>_>

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 08:46:17 pm »
Hmm...I dunno now that I think about it. Scratch my last words! *laughs heartily*

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 10:30:22 pm »
Hmm... A lack of interest here is disheartening.

So let me spell it out for you:

My wife and I are working on stencils that show the silhouette of Lavos and they read "Lavos Was Here, 1999AD."  We're gonna tag it all around the city in which we live.

That's one thing I'm doing to combine my own artistic expression and the Chronoverse.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:56:36 pm »
I quite well understood what you meant the second time I read over it. *chuckles heartily*

I can imagine you going around everywhere with these stencils, making Lavo's mark across the nations. *chuckles more*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:27:14 pm »
Pics or THIS IS SPARTA

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 12:00:52 am »
I'm taking a sharpie to school tomorrow, just for this. Awesome.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 01:33:09 am »

My wife and I are working on stencils that show the silhouette of Lavos and they read "Lavos Was Here, 1999AD."  We're gonna tag it all around the city in which we live.

I don't see how that'll spread the word of Chrono though...since it'll only make sense to people who already know about Chrono Trigger.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 09:22:46 am »
It's a subtle campaign in the Birmingham metro that will grow outward and encompass more in time.

x_XTacTX_x

• I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 09:34:08 am »
I completely support it. Down here in Florida last night, I hit a few public bathrooms last night. A lynx bus window as well.

This could grow into so much more.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 09:36:16 am »

I don't see how that'll spread the word of Chrono though...since it'll only make sense to people who already know about Chrono Trigger.
:lol: Actually, that'll easily make the "non-CT fans" be curious and find out about Lavos on the net.

Dunno how this'll help out in my country though...

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 04:25:39 pm »
I must see this. I spread the word of Chrono through my friend Alton and the backs of my notebooks in French. My latest is Serge, Guile, and Kid gawking at the Time Devourer. There are some where Crono and crew are fighting Lavos with my favorite injoke ever. (At the Ocean Palace, I survived Lavos's first attack without a New Game +, so I swore I would fight it 'TO THE DEATH!!!' So now, whenever Crono is going against Lavos, he must say, 'TO THE DEATH!!!' Magus, however, says, 'TO THE PAIN!!!')

I started one where the team is going to go fight Magus. They aren't all that great, really. They're like gingerbread Chrono people. Usually, I do better if I use pencil, but I prefer pen to pencil any day.