Author Topic: The background of the scene with Kid on Opassa Beach  (Read 2110 times)

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
The background of the scene with Kid on Opassa Beach
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:05:03 pm »
I know this may be obvious to some, but i'm going to ask anyway cuz i don't remember the exact geography of the lower left of El Nido

In the scene with Kid on Opassa Beach (i forget where it's shown in the actual game, but it's in the intro collection of scenes, where she's looking out to the ocean) what's the mountain in the background? Is that Gaia's Navel or something else in the lower left of El Nido (i remember Opassa Beach sticking out so it seems logical for her to be facing southwest)? Or could it possibly be Denadoro Mountain? I don't remember any of the islands in El Nido as being shaped like that, so could it be the mainland?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:07:33 pm »
It's just a landform; you can see it off the coast of the mainland. It isn't accessible or anything; it's just there for nice scenery.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 10:33:44 pm »
There is no way they would be able to see the mainland from El Nido.  its basically blocked in.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 11:00:31 pm »
People in El Nido call the central landmass the 'mainland' necessitating the current use of "mainland" in CC topics to mean El Nido's largest island and "Zenan" in all topics to refer to the big landmasses. Medina and Choras get their own "continent" as well.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 03:32:37 am »
can someone get a 1024x768 high quality pic of that, if someone does i'll make a wallpaper

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 06:56:31 pm »
http://chrono.lunar-net.com/cc/cross/downloads/wallpaper/kid-1024.jpg
You can see the isle and I think it's only there for scenery because you clearly see it's none of the isle in the world map

Aitrus

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 12:30:02 am »
It could be that, at some point during the game's development, the little strip of land connecting the circle of land which is now Opassa Beach to the rest of the mainland wasn't there.  Maybe that would result in Opassa Beach being where that isthmus starts, and the mountain in the background would be that little circle of land.