Poll

If you had to eliminate a single partner from your party who would it be?

Crono
2 (3.8%)
Marle
12 (22.6%)
Lucca
7 (13.2%)
Frog
4 (7.5%)
Robo
5 (9.4%)
Ayla
14 (26.4%)
Magus
9 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: If you had to...  (Read 11968 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: If you had to...
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2008, 11:12:05 pm »
Actually, Magus is more of a liability in your party until he gains some of his final techs. Low attack, and his  non-dark magic attacks aren't all that.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2008, 05:11:15 am »
Yeah, but unless you've been power leveling, Tech Point whoring, or managing to steal a lot of Magic Tabs he's going to have the highest Magic stat right away...Plus, his best equipment is pretty easy to get (and he doesn't really have to share with anyone either) & fairly early after you get him...

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2008, 09:19:52 pm »
Magus, although he was essential for the plot, he just sucked in general for me...Even at max lvl, all techs, max stats.  He's just blah.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »
Magus, although he was essential for the plot, he just sucked in general for me...Even at max lvl, all techs, max stats.  He's just blah.

Quoted For Truth

Not only that, but the game actually gives you this option (by having Frog kill him).

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2008, 02:29:56 am »
He has a decent attack, a good enough critical, access to every element and has a good final Magic Tech with Dark Matter, which is only bested by Luminaire, Flare & Shock...Plus, Omega Flare is one of the most powerful Triple Techs (when he works with someone, it's only for maximum damage it seems)...At max stats & all he's the magician middle of the road to Robo's physical & healing middle of the road...

And I still don't think that it really makes any sense for anyone (it doesn't have to be Frog) involved to fight Magus on the cape...even neglecting the fact that him living is canon...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 02:31:28 am by V_Translanka »

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 03:13:53 pm »

Quoted For Truth

Not only that, but the game actually gives you this option (by having Frog kill him).

Frog only kills him if he's in the party. Plus, he's harder since it's one-on-one. If he's not the party all three fight him.

As for who I would kill off, it would have to be Frog for that damn Shakespeare accent. Give the Grandleon to Crono.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 08:50:41 pm »
As for who I wouldn't kill off, it would have to be Frog for that damn awesome Shakespeare accent. Let him keep the Grandleon.

There, fixed your mistake.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 10:06:06 pm »
As for who I would kill off, it would have to be Frog for that damn Shakespeare accent. Let Crono keep the Grandleon.

There, fixed your mistake.

Dammit, stop ripping off my moves! :evil:

Meushell

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 06:32:22 pm »
I'd get rid of Crono. I get tired of having to use him and hearing how great he is (in the game). After he dies, I revive him and never use him again. I would say he is the (Gary) Sue of the game. The other characters talk about how great he is. He has the strongest single tech magic attack in the game, and now with the new DS game, it seems (based on Chrono Compendium's weapon information) he has the strongest weapon in the game.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 04:18:14 pm »
So basically you don't like how everyone's right that Crono is great?

Meushell

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2008, 10:04:52 pm »
I gave three reasons, and they don't boil down to only one of the reasons. Also, depending how you play the game, other characters can be just as productive in saving the world...even more so, depending on what you do after Crono dies. In that case, he wouldn't be any greater of a hero than the other character(s).

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2008, 10:34:05 pm »
Notice that anyone can notice: Marle isn't the most voted on anymore but AYLA now. Shift eh?
Will it shift back?
Will it shift to someone new?
Will it stay with Ayla?
Will a new character be added?
Will a character be removed?
Will this thread hold any extreme significance on the opinions of Square Enix and the next Chrono related game?
Tune in to your local Life Channel and stay tuned to find out!

Also, lookign back at that last post didn't he already(Crono) have the strongest weapon in the game?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2008, 02:45:44 am »
I'd get rid of Crono. I get tired of having to use him and hearing how great he is (in the game). After he dies, I revive him and never use him again. I would say he is the (Gary) Sue of the game. The other characters talk about how great he is. He has the strongest single tech magic attack in the game, and now with the new DS game, it seems (based on Chrono Compendium's weapon information) he has the strongest weapon in the game.

You're pretty much saying, "I don't like Crono because he's the central protagonist and therefore plays the largest role in the story." And also, the main character is more than usually the one towield the strongest weapon.

Meushell

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2008, 04:25:33 am »
Also, lookign back at that last post didn't he already(Crono) have the strongest weapon in the game?

I thought the powered up Masamune was, but I could be wrong.

You're pretty much saying, "I don't like Crono because he's the central protagonist and therefore plays the largest role in the story." And also, the main character is more than usually the one towield the strongest weapon.

No, that's not basically what I'm saying. For one, I never said I didn't like him. I listed three reasons as to why I like him least out of the playable characters. The reasons are...

(1) Through much of the game, I have to use him. I would have preferred being able to pick any team I want. Some of the non-Crono triple techs would be fun to use earlier in the game.

(2) A lot of people within the game talk about his greatness. I know the game isn't really bad with this, and the other characters do get credit from time to time. It still bugs me though.

(3) He has the strong magic attack (and now in the DS, possibly the strongest weapon as well). Personally, I think Magus should have the strongest magic attack and Lucca should have the second strongest. The reason is that they are stronger in magic than with physical weapons. I see Crono as a swordsman first and a magician second, so I think his biggest attack should have to do with the sword. At the very least, if he is suppose to be a magician as much as he is a swordsman, then he should be strong in both, but not the strongest in either of them.

I know there is an explanation for each of those, and I know the explanations. However, they don't change my mind.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2008, 09:59:17 am »
IMO Crono should have the strongest weapon, Magus the strongest spell, and Glenn the best fusion of both.

I want Glenn to have the best fusion b/c of the Grandleon, since it gives me a reason to take him into the Black Omen and use him to pwn the Mammon Machine.

That reminds me. Did they change the name of the Mammon Machine?