Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192665 times)

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #2205 on: November 17, 2011, 10:21:19 pm »
Ah, actual gameplay footage. That's neat. I'm guessing that "Lost Reminiscence" was a WIP name? Using it, though, I found this website which has many screenshots and artwork. Visually, the game reminds me of Chrono Cross.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:37 am »
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the game either.

I searched the internet and found some interesting comments about the game.

A guy called nintenblo wrote in his blog, the story of the game seemed interesting, but it is like just a prelude of a grand story, in the very late part of the game, the true identity of the demon king(?) is hardly mentioned... To be honest, to cut a short part from a grand story is not a good way to go, it is like a story has a good beginning but without an ending. But think in another way, if they tried to develop a complete story (which they couldn't properly handle), the result could be still bad... The game should give its player more hints. While playing the game, I could hardly tell which is side quest and which is the main route. It could be better if they added a log... (then he praise the battle system, criticized the awkward control if the player doesn't have a game controller, praise Mitsuda's excellent work and complained some other composer for his music sounded too similar to his previous work).

XD I wish I could find a chance to try the game, but perhaps not recently.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 08:32:25 am by utunnels »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: November 22, 2011, 07:33:30 pm »
So, Soul Calibur V is available for pre-order, and I'm going for the Collector's Edition on Friday, as I get paid then.  :D

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2208 on: November 23, 2011, 09:02:13 am »
Ola! Doom 3 gets Open Sourced! Well, the engine anyway.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/doom-3-is-open-sourced/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/23/doom-3-source-code-available-now-gory-customizations-welcomed/

....aaaaaaaaaaand here's teh sourcies: https://github.com/TTimo/doom3.gpl

Guess we're looking forward to more high-quality fan-games, huh?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:05:54 am by tushantin »

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 23, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »
Soooooooo

That thing. Skyrim. *cough*

What do people think? Is it worth a week of indulgent insanity during the holidays..?

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 24, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »
Just think, in half a year from now, Chrono Break will expire. Also;

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=167062

Could you see FFVII on the 3DS? I rather see Chrono Cross or some new  Chrono game first, but then again FFV and FFVI. I do believe it's Dragon Quest VII since it was quite remarkable.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:03 pm »
Just think, in half a year from now, Chrono Break will expire. Also;

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=167062

Could you see FFVII on the 3DS? I rather see Chrono Cross or some new  Chrono game first, but then again FFV and FFVI. I do believe it's Dragon Quest VII since it was quite remarkable.

My guess it's that it is DQVII. Why? Well, IV, V, and VI were remade for the DS. If it were to continue the pattern, then VII is next, and since the 3DS is out now...

But who knows.

Hayden

• Guardian (+100)
  • Shadow, Sonic and Tails are FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 27, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »
What games are your playing at the moment?
Me I'm playing The World Ends With You and Lunar: Silver Star Story. I really recommend TWEWY if you have a DS the battle system is wicked fun.

And Halo 3 online religiously...

Edit: Felt the topic could use a name change.

My RPGMAKER2003 game. Has no name right now. its just called "Project1"

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: December 16, 2011, 11:25:59 pm »
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=90707

I really don't have much to say about this. I'm a fan of cross-overs, but even this got me in a blank. Well, I guess once more information is out about this I'll see for sure.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2214 on: December 23, 2011, 09:08:50 am »
Megaman X gets an iOS port: http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/23/mega-man-x-blasts-onto-ios-reploids-still-struggling-with-free/

I should really start playing games again. XD It's been quite a while since I have.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: December 27, 2011, 04:29:14 am »
WARNING: FF13 SPOILERS IN VIDEO (if you haven't played it yet) {I'd recommend watching in HD if you can}

[youtube]zRDij-wHKok[/youtube]

So I'm convinced. This is as close as we're going to get to a Chrono sequel straight from SE. It's sort of a compromise between Chrono and Final Fantasy, and honestly, it doesn't look bad. Lots of new characters, a fleshed out history for the world, it's like 13-2 is going to be similar to Trigger (tangentially connected with the other game in the series and a time-travel-based save-the-ruined-future-world-adventure) while 13 is more like Cross (beautiful but heavily flawed games).
For this reason, I will probably buy the game. Used, of course. I still don't really want SE getting my money. After all, in the long run, it's a huge tease for what we could have. (BTW #1 on Playstation Network's Top Selling list of PSone Classics on PS3 is Chrono Cross. Kinda nice. Unfortunately a lot of people are saying the Trigger port on iOS could use some work and the controls are difficult so that doesn't help.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:32:54 am by Mr Bekkler »

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: December 28, 2011, 07:37:25 pm »
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^have you watched the streams of playing? looks kinda dumb in my opinion. all the characters were uninteresting and the true ending may be the worst ending in video game history. (worse than SO3's ending which totally ruined the whole star ocean series for me)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: December 29, 2011, 12:25:44 pm »
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^have you watched the streams of playing? looks kinda dumb in my opinion. all the characters were uninteresting and the true ending may be the worst ending in video game history. (worse than SO3's ending which totally ruined the whole star ocean series for me)

I would actually love to get a Compendium analysis going on FFXIII and it's sequel next month. I still hear around the web that XIII-2 is the spiritual successor of Chrono... but I am not so sure now. The Japanese are eating it up though, so that's good, but I had heard of an "interesting" ending to sy the least.

We need to find more people that have played XIII all the way to the end. I would love to discuss plot-holes and the like...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2218 on: February 04, 2012, 10:10:44 am »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: February 04, 2012, 04:53:58 pm »
So, I got Soul Calibur V a few days ago, and I must say that it kinda pisses me off. Not that the game is bad, mind you, as it's far from in my opinion, but that the game feels so incomplete. Obviously, they're doing that for DLC; you can tell that it was rushed, and that they didn't get in all that they wanted to, but I'm feeling confident in that it'll all be downloadable at some point or another, so that the crew can still get all that they'd wanted to in it, but without such a terrible restriction as a release date. I'm pretty sure that we all know just how badly that sort of thing can mess with a game.