Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192715 times)

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #2145 on: July 19, 2011, 03:19:28 pm »
Inafune left, was it really a surprise? I've been upset about this since then, now I'm over it. But I'm sure Capcom was really scared to announce that. They probably tried to find someone else to do it, but who else really could?

Ah, I didn't know about Inafune leaving.  Small wonder why Capcom didn't go into specifics.  Does that mean the MegaMan franchise is effectively dead?  If so, it's been a very long and interesting ride.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 21, 2011, 06:05:02 pm »
http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/20/umvc3-all-twelve-new-characters-leaked/

Usually I'm not that interested, until I saw Phoenix Wright among those new characters. What the...? :?

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 22, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »
They're ALL MALE.

ChronoMoogle

• Returners
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »
Ultimate Capcom VS Marvel is only the working title.

The real name was just revealed:
Ultimate Mud Wrestling - Gaycom VS Malevel

:picardno

Just kidding about Bekklers recognition  :twisted:
Firebrand and Phoenix Wright are nice adds :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:37:13 pm by ChronoMoogle »

Manly Man

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Don't be a pussy. She looks legit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 23, 2011, 12:33:39 am »

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 24, 2011, 03:06:21 am »
Is it me or world maps/overworlds just completely disappeared from games now.
Tales of Xillia won't feature a complete overworld  :(

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 28, 2011, 12:46:35 pm »
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/nintendo3ds/news/

For anyone with a 3DS or plans to get one...

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2152 on: July 29, 2011, 08:22:34 am »
A new LOTR game - War in the North Fellowship

Here's the trailer.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 29, 2011, 07:56:22 pm »
http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/20/umvc3-all-twelve-new-characters-leaked/

Usually I'm not that interested, until I saw Phoenix Wright among those new characters. What the...? :?

Only changes I'd make are Firebrand and Vergil to Kyosuke(Rival Schools) and any Megaman. Also...
NOVA!!!!! FTW!!!!!! BOUT FREEKIN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o

Ah, I didn't know about Inafune leaving.  Small wonder why Capcom didn't go into specifics.  Does that mean the MegaMan franchise is effectively dead?  If so, it's been a very long and interesting ride.

That's the rumor as of right now. Which is mainly because of UMvC3 not having a megaman in it. But it doesn't matter that he left, he really didn't make many Megaman games as of late, Capcom could make a game without him.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: July 30, 2011, 09:46:56 am »
Well after Inafume left. They canceled Megaman Legends 3...  :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno :picardno

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: August 01, 2011, 06:46:55 pm »
A bunch of Diablo III related news came out today.  Unsurprisingly, the mandatory online connection and the introduction of an optional real-money auctionhouse are generating a lot of unfavorable replies.

http://asia.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/diablo3/video/6326089/diablo-iii--the-cash-money-auction-house-interview?hd=0&tag=related_video%3Bsd%3B3

Bradums

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: August 02, 2011, 01:27:46 am »
Hm. The mandatory internet connection seemed obvious, after SC2. It's how they're beginning to roll. I don't mind, since my connection's always active, but...hey, options are never a bad thing. Especially for a game with strong single-player offline content in its history.

As for the real-money auctionhouse...now that's a huge shocker, coming from a company who has repeatedly denounced players selling in-game items for real-world currency and claimed that games are for fun, and that allowing players to spend real-world wealth to gain something over other players is unfair and immoral. Though, given how much they've pushed their in-game item shop for WoW, I guess it makes sense. *Sigh*

Lennis

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: August 03, 2011, 05:23:35 pm »
One of Blizzard's justifications for the real-money auctionhouse was that people were going to do it anyway on third-party sites, just like they did with Diablo II.  This way, Blizzard has some control over the process so that cheating doesn't become an issue.

Of course, what this is really about is maximizing profits.  Blizzard will charge a small fee (in real money) for each item put on the real-money auctionhouse.  Some people are already salivating at the prospect of making a living just selling loot to desperate players with deep pockets.  And why not?  With high unemployment and no prospect for renewed government spending to resolve the issue, people will be looking at alternative - and less savory - means of putting food on the table.

It's not yet certain how Blizzard will transfer funds between players, but if they can make it work, it will establish a whole new business model for gaming.  Imagine.  Developers can create a virtual item for basically nothing and watch the cash start rolling in from the people who absolutely can't live without it.  I personally find it pretty disturbing, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.  Psychologists might even find reason to write a paper.  Who knows?

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: August 07, 2011, 05:02:35 pm »
I'm just about finished with Black Sigil (which is great, btw), so I'm keeping an eye out for future games to play. Any DS games that you guys would recommend? I'm really big into RPGs and the classics, like Sonic.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: August 08, 2011, 02:38:31 am »