Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192834 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1935 on: January 22, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »
Despite it not using any new material it was still quite a fresh experience for me however, Im actually A bit annoyed that the game is using memory loss so many times during the whole series , it basically makes every game pointless if the events can't be remembered by the characters after it (note those weren't spoilers ...its something along those lines which happens)

Really? I don't remember ever seeing Memory-loss being that overused, other than in CoM/Re:CoM where it's central to the plot...

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 23, 2011, 12:28:30 am »
(woah lots has happened with the gaming talk ..pity I check this forum less and less due to school)

I actually had a fanboy moment when I found out about ff13-2 being real.

Alot of people hated the original, because it was too different than its predecesors , but its 2010 , its a new generation and games are obviously not gonna be aimed at the older fanbase .

I loved ff13 , and I'm already excited for its sequel. I've also recently completed Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded.

Despite it not using any new material it was still quite a fresh experience for me however, Im actually A bit annoyed that the game is using memory loss so many times during the whole series , it basically makes every game pointless if the events can't be remembered by the characters after it (note those weren't spoilers ...its something along those lines which happens)

Honestly, I think I liked 13. I just didn't like that there is little story. I guess I wanted more interaction. My problem is that I liked it too much.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: January 25, 2011, 12:20:26 am »
It's here!

And so far... SOOO good!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: January 25, 2011, 12:23:30 am »
Ohohohoho, that is a kickass logo. Best version I've seen, too! *Nabs it*

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 25, 2011, 08:36:31 pm »
Every time I see that name I can't help but think of Blades of Exile. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_%28video_game_series%29

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:38 am »
Not sure whether this is the right thread. 8)
Can anyone recommend me some most hot-blooded VGM (don't have to be battle themes, though).

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1941 on: January 26, 2011, 01:11:13 pm »
Not sure whether this is the right thread. 8)
Can anyone recommend me some most hot-blooded VGM (don't have to be battle themes, though).
HELL YEAH!  :D

[youtube]rSa54QFBXyY[/youtube]

[youtube]Xo_ohedAJ-8[/youtube]

[youtube]Rlx0TI_LdVI[/youtube]

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 26, 2011, 08:11:06 pm »
Hey thank you.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #1943 on: January 26, 2011, 09:32:14 pm »
Although it's just rough enough around the edges that I would never actually seriously play something like this, the fact that it was actually doable says a lot in favor for the sheer versatility of LBP2's expanded toolkit (my apologies if someone has already posted this before)

[youtube]34S7h0k5oIY[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:35:11 pm by Clovis15 »

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 27, 2011, 11:51:28 am »
I must say, Black Sigil has piqued my interests. I'm always on the lookout for DS gaming - speaking of which, Plants VS Zombies on DS is awesome.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 27, 2011, 12:22:27 pm »
Black Sigil feels like CT mixed with FF6/ US snes FF3

I would not recommend it to anyone I know IRL. But it's perfect for me.

It's one of those extremes, where its average rating is in the middle not because it's universally seen as mediocre, rather because you'll love it or hate it.

I rather like the battle system, while the random encounters are seen as negative and the frequency is a source of complaints, it's NO worse than FF6, actually almost right on the same page..

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1946 on: January 27, 2011, 01:42:41 pm »
I thought Black Sigil was seen universally as being mediocre because it was notoriously buggy...Give me a good FE.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 27, 2011, 01:48:28 pm »
FE? I haven't had any bugs yet. Ill post em if I find em, and I am a thorough player... I will find them.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1948 on: January 27, 2011, 02:09:06 pm »
Fire Emblem!

Oh and I've been playing Borderlands and Castle Crashers a lot recently and couldn't recommend them more.

Borderlands is a FPS/RPG hybrid (like them newer Fallout games if they weren't terrible at the FPS part) that is just plain awesome. Filled with a great multiplayer angle along with those lovely skill tree thingies we all love...and by god if there isn't a ton of guns. Really makes me miss by Bag of Holding though, but as I've been assured that as I find robot buddies my inventory will grow and soon Pandora (wait, that's like in that movie I didn't see...!) will be mine....

[youtube]CdBFWti6mkg[/youtube]

Castle Crashers is also awesome. Couldn't recommend a downloadable title more. It's like an oldschool hack&slash with some RPG elements thrown in  and a Boomerang straight outta Link's closet. While I love everything Scott Pilgrim, that video game is just lacking in too many essentials (I'm still crossing my fingers that there's an update coming to fix lack of drop-in/drop-out and include online co-op...) that Castle Crashers hits on the nail.

[youtube]BsLHvg93bX4[/youtube]

I also started Forging (map making) in Halo: Reach and while I've had fun slightly modifying the existing maps (mostly blocking off certain camping areas with Kill Balls), I'm actually starting to get finished on a full-fledged map of my own...though I only recently found out that clicking the left thumb-stick allows for precise placement! *d'oh*

EDIT: I just saw that we can embed youtube links now. So FUCK YOU HYPERLINKS! I can be like ZeaLitY's news posts and stuff!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 02:24:25 pm by V_Translanka »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 28, 2011, 02:38:45 pm »
A bit ago I downloaded Alien swarm.  I must say it's pretty good.  It's pretty much like Left 4 Dead, only with aliens instead of zombies, it has a class system, and it's in third person. 
Not to mention you get a free TF2 hat from playing it. :D