Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 195218 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1860 on: December 09, 2010, 01:03:04 am »
Gamers ditching DS, PSP, for the iPhone.

What I'm most curious about are the price-deflationary effects this has got to be having within the industry. A typical DS or PSP game goes for, what, $20~30 USD? Games that have been released on those platforms have sold for $9.99 apiece, at pretty much full quality compared to the original versions.

Iyellalot

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 10, 2010, 11:47:39 pm »
Man, fuck the iPhone. I want my Nintendo DS to remain the top handheld.

Anyway, I just started playing Lufia II on the SNES. Great game.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 11, 2010, 02:39:38 am »
My droid is absolutely the top handheld. I have the entire Chrono series on my phone. Portable CT, RD, CC, (FoE, I was curious what they changed)

With a game gripper, and overclocking(requires rooting, and only really benefits the psx emulator) it plays relatively just about everything I've tried smoothly, with a few exceptions. Physical keyboard FTW.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 02:42:32 am by Mr Bekkler »

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1863 on: December 11, 2010, 06:45:37 am »
Yeah, fuck iPhone. It's too expensive here.  :? As expensive as buying an i7 Laptop.

PANDORA! Now we're talking! :lol:

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 13, 2010, 01:28:21 am »
BTW golden sun dark dawn dark is awesome

idioticidioms

« Reply #1865 on: December 13, 2010, 03:57:15 am »
Is it? I was hoping it would be. I've enjoyed playing the Golden Sun games for other systems.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 13, 2010, 05:50:48 am »
PANDORA! Now we're talking! :lol:

That's actually really cool, ill look into getting one if my droid ever dies!

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 13, 2010, 06:36:05 am »
Yeah Dark Dawn only has one problem. Theres a little bit of an obvious for the story and a little bit of easy in the game. But it's still an enjoyable experience. 9/10

idioticidioms

« Reply #1868 on: December 13, 2010, 09:38:47 am »
Nice. I'll have to set aside some money and go buy it, then.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 07, 2011, 12:34:26 am »
Recently decided that I was done with competitive gaming for my own sanity. I still dabble in Team Fortress 2, but it is hardly competitive on most servers. Been playing Final Fantasy IX, and Super Mario World. Feels good man.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 07, 2011, 01:06:59 am »
FFIX is my second favorite RPG ever.

Good choice, my friend.

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:50 am »
I got a SuperCard DSTWO for christmas. Basically, an R4 that can also emulate GBA, GBC, and SNES very well on the DS. This is the impossible thing I salviated over to allow me to play CT on my DS... Before CTDS, of course. The R4 part is leading to some interesting moral dillemas on my part... For now, all I've used it for is to play fan translated DS games, like Tales of Innocence.

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #1872 on: January 07, 2011, 01:02:25 pm »
Currently plugging away at no less than three different RPGs on my handhelds: Persona 3 Portable, Final Fantasy VIII and Dragon Quest V. All superb games (well, except maybe FF8, which is *almost* boring enough for me to stop playing, but I'll make it to the end of the first disc and see if it picks up), but man, it'll be a while before I'm playing anything new. I still have Final Fantasy IX but haven't started yet, and I want to pick up Dragon Quest IX before I go to a con next month, not to mention Tactics Ogre and Radiant Historia when they come out, and Vagrant Story and Xenogears when they come out on PSN. Man, I'm gonna be set for handheld RPGs for like, a year. And that's before I get my hands on a 3DS.

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 07, 2011, 02:33:01 pm »
Currently plugging away at no less than three different RPGs on my handhelds: Persona 3 Portable, Final Fantasy VIII and Dragon Quest V. All superb games (well, except maybe FF8, which is *almost* boring enough for me to stop playing, but I'll make it to the end of the first disc and see if it picks up), but man, it'll be a while before I'm playing anything new. I still have Final Fantasy IX but haven't started yet, and I want to pick up Dragon Quest IX before I go to a con next month, not to mention Tactics Ogre and Radiant Historia when they come out, and Vagrant Story and Xenogears when they come out on PSN. Man, I'm gonna be set for handheld RPGs for like, a year. And that's before I get my hands on a 3DS.

FFIX is so great it's my favorite jrpg. The cast is just excellent and it's really a throwback to the 16 bit days. I enjoyed the card game in FFVIII more than I did the game itself lol. I found the characters in VIII besides Zell to be horrible. Squall's theme song should be "Crawling In My Skin".

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #1874 on: January 07, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »
Honestly, I kind of like Squall. He's refreshingly cynical, a welcome break from the "love and friendship" spouting, bouncy shonen protagonists of most JRPGs. He and Seifer are really the only characters who seem at all interesting to me thus far. Everyone else is a cardboard cutout. Especially Selphie.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:56:20 pm by gatotsu911 »