Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192696 times)

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1800 on: August 29, 2010, 10:26:46 pm »
Dammit, Boo, I'm jealous. I somehow lost that game a couple years back and I got pretty far and wanted to beat it. I love me my strategy games.

Not doing much lately... just yahoo cards games (love Spades these days) and the old Zeldas.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: August 29, 2010, 11:06:51 pm »
Dammit, Boo, I'm jealous. I somehow lost that game a couple years back and I got pretty far and wanted to beat it. I love me my strategy games.

I got it for about $10 off Ebay. Great buy. I was not expecting it to be this good. Graphics, gameplay... It's all pretty solid. Storyline is about as thin as Final Fantasy XII's, so I can't complain. Nothing new for Ivalice! I highly recommend it, though!

gatotsu911

• Guardian (+100)
  • Where Angels Lose Their Way...
    • View Profile
    • TAFKA (my blog)
« Reply #1802 on: August 31, 2010, 08:10:44 am »
Wow, so has anyone played Metroid: Other M yet? I won't be able to since I don't have a Wii, but I'm reading a lot of forum chatter about how Team Ninja completely ruined Samus' character in the minds of a lot of fans. Any Metroid fans here want to give their take?

Haven't played it yet (it just came out today, and I'm not even in the country) but I'm pretty apprehensive about the whole story aspect. The general impression I've gotten from reviews is that it's a decent game, but disappointing for a Metroid title. If the story sucks, though, Team Ninja isn't to blame - the story was handled entirely by Yoshio Sakamoto. It was also his stubborn insistence that led to the game being controlled entirely with a single Wii remote instead of the more logical remote-and-Nunchuk combo, which seems to be the other major sticking point in nearly every review. I have a feeling Nintendo may come to regret granting him protection from editors if the fallout from this game is sufficiently bad.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: August 31, 2010, 12:13:42 pm »
Wow, so has anyone played Metroid: Other M yet? I won't be able to since I don't have a Wii, but I'm reading a lot of forum chatter about how Team Ninja completely ruined Samus' character in the minds of a lot of fans. Any Metroid fans here want to give their take?

Haven't played it yet (it just came out today, and I'm not even in the country) but I'm pretty apprehensive about the whole story aspect. The general impression I've gotten from reviews is that it's a decent game, but disappointing for a Metroid title. If the story sucks, though, Team Ninja isn't to blame - the story was handled entirely by Yoshio Sakamoto. It was also his stubborn insistence that led to the game being controlled entirely with a single Wii remote instead of the more logical remote-and-Nunchuk combo, which seems to be the other major sticking point in nearly every review. I have a feeling Nintendo may come to regret granting him protection from editors if the fallout from this game is sufficiently bad.

I think the major problem is that for so many years, Metroid fans have had this certain idea of who Samus should be, and a lot are pissed and butthurt that the reality doesn't match their percieved vision. However, if you don't let that bother you, then things should be alright. Besides, these whiners are mostly going off of a G4 review.

Yeah. :P

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: September 03, 2010, 11:07:04 am »
Metroid: Other M
(I'm even more excited about Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, though.)

I recommend you to use install and switch the overclock to 333mhz

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1805 on: September 04, 2010, 01:59:32 pm »
http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_the-7-commandments-all-video-games-should-obey_p7.html

Looks like fans prefer good storyline along with quick non-repetitive fun in their games. Of course, good voice actors too. Graphics don't matter to that extent so long as they enjoy playing it. XD Whoever said good games don't require good story is a blockhead.

Also, it seems Wii and DS have more buyers than PS3/360.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: September 04, 2010, 09:17:48 pm »
So KH:Birth by Sleep... Is that suppose to be our KH3? Or they just not doin it?

tripehound

• Porrean (+50)
  • Autistic Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: September 04, 2010, 10:10:03 pm »
Birth by Sleep is a prequel to the original Kingdom Hearts. To my knowledge, KH3 is not currently in development, although with the series being the cash cow that it is, it's likely to come out at some point.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: September 04, 2010, 10:42:10 pm »
The secret ending of Birth By Sleep sets up the events for Kingdom Hearts 3, as Kingdom Hearts games tend to do. Kingdom Hearts 3 hasn't been officially announced, but it's going to be made. I could give spoilers, but I won't. Unless you ask.

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: September 05, 2010, 02:38:27 am »
So KH:Birth by Sleep... Is that suppose to be our KH3? Or they just not doin it?
You can say they can't do it anytime soon, the team behind KH games works on Final Fantasy now and they are taking their time with it apparently because stuff like World map, airship, day and night cycle, actual fields and so on are Built from Scratch.

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: September 05, 2010, 04:32:35 am »
The secret ending of Birth By Sleep sets up the events for Kingdom Hearts 3, as Kingdom Hearts games tend to do. Kingdom Hearts 3 hasn't been officially announced, but it's going to be made. I could give spoilers, but I won't. Unless you ask.

Yep , I've seen the japanese one ....it definatly means KH3 is going to be made .

ShinGundam

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: September 05, 2010, 04:20:11 pm »
I just saw the new secret Boss in KH BBS  :shock:

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1812 on: September 06, 2010, 06:34:54 am »
Some game mods are weird. o_o Street Fighter 4 Fan-Mod features changing Dhalsim into a Yoga-Kung Fu Gandhi!
http://imgshack.info/images/4cftc6y9bl1idujwp4.jpg

I bet poor Mohandas is turning in his grave now... Even though he's totally badass looking in the mod.  :lol:

EDIT: It's not just Gandhi. There's Doraemon, Mr T, God of War, etc.
http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/07/modders_add_kratos_ghandi_and.php
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:08:04 am by tushantin »

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: September 08, 2010, 04:00:20 pm »
A whole playthrough of bbs in english is already on youtube ...
Seeing as I haven't got or aren't gonna get a psp , I decided to watch it ....Now I really want a psp , its definatly one of the better kh's !

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: September 08, 2010, 06:07:51 pm »
I've been really impressed with the quality of KH:BBS, seeing as how it's a PSP game. I heard it had horrible load times and complaints concerning the "install feature" (in which you install data onto the PSP in order to decrease on the load times); so far it's been super fun!