Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192768 times)

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1155 on: August 15, 2009, 03:32:32 pm »
...Is it Spring yet!?   :D  I was considering getting Platinum sometime, but I decided to get Fire red and am still playing through that.  So I'll definitely get either Heart gold or soul silver, but until then I'm set for Pokemon games.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 16, 2009, 10:36:36 pm »
Cave Story for Wii Ware -should- be released tomorrow!  Hooray, and about damn time!

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1157 on: August 16, 2009, 10:40:36 pm »
Sweet! I've been playing it on the PC, but I want to get the WiiWare version to support the developer. It's a fun and well made game.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 17, 2009, 03:33:34 pm »
Cave story, love that game.  It would probably be somewhere on my top 10 favourite video games.  Unfotunately I don't have a Wii so I can't get the new one.   :(

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1159 on: August 17, 2009, 06:45:58 pm »
WHOOOO! I just managed to beat Final Fantasy 4 for the first time on the DS! This game has got to be the hardest FF game in existence. I've gotten my ass kicked over seven times by the final boss. And that's not even counting all of the sub-bosses there were int he final dungeon(which was an also epic suck). I am sooo looking forward to putting in my Action Replay and kicking it into God Mode for a replay, hahahahahaha!

Edward is the most sucktacular character in the history of suckness! Oh my effing God I was waiting for him to be killed off the moment I got him. Yang is the BESTEST EVAR!!!

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 17, 2009, 07:53:58 pm »
Lol, Play FFV. I still haven't beaten that one. I beat every single FF. With a little luck I got lost in FF1, 2, and 3 so I was strong, but in FF4 I was like screw you Zeromus, I rule! FFV on the other hand... ExDeath is almost impossible without grinding WHICH I REFUSE TO DO!!! FFVI can be difficult, But I used every character equally so I was lucky. But the Vanish-Doom trick doesn't work on two bosses in the final dungeon. Kefka and some Robot thing. FFIX isn't hard but Ozma sure is, so are the WEAPONs in FFVII. Omega isn't in VIII, I remember beating him pretty easily. But seriously FF5 = Hardest FF ever

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1161 on: August 17, 2009, 08:07:53 pm »
I actually have beaten 5 before. I wouldn't say it was easy, but it was a hell of a lot easier than this.

If I had to pick a reason why, it'd have to be this douchebag:

Damn Spoony Bard! Tellah should've kicked your ass!

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 17, 2009, 09:01:30 pm »
I have also recently beaten IV DS. And I agree, those last bosses sure are hard, but I managed.

And Zeromus... let's say the team was in the single digits in HP before landing the final blow (Okay, that was Maelstrom's doing, but still, with Meteor around the corner, it was close).

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:52 pm »
Really, in FFIV I had the rom for the original (I don't know jap but i got around to memorizing what slot does what) I never used Edward again. I used Kain Rosa Rydia Cecil and Edge, because they were the only usable ones. I didn't think he was that hard. My strategy was to use Rydia to keep summoning bahamut, Cecil and edge with berserk and Kain to constantly jump. I used all my items and healing with Rosa. She was a higher level than the rest because in most fights against hard bosses it was her and 1 or other characters alive but always her. Exdeath destroyed me. With Almagest and Grand Cross and the terrible white hole.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 17, 2009, 10:33:47 pm »
Well, DS Zeromus is harder. Bahamut spamming is no more (counters summons with Aspir, which drains MP) unless you brought a lot of Elixirs and Dry Ethers. And now defending for Big Bang is a must or else you may die unless if your levels are 70+ with the correct abilities. Having Kain in the air may keep him alive, but then the other four are hit harder since Big Bag is treated like a multi-targeted spell is.

Among other things.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:38:15 pm by Acacia Sgt »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1165 on: August 17, 2009, 11:27:48 pm »
FFV was pretty easy. The Bare & Mime Classes were the clinchers. I didn't do any overly necessary grinding either. Just made sure to master a handful of classes for each in order to pimp out their final Bare Class...

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #1166 on: August 17, 2009, 11:53:32 pm »
Lol, Play FFV. I still haven't beaten that one. I beat every single FF. With a little luck I got lost in FF1, 2, and 3 so I was strong, but in FF4 I was like screw you Zeromus, I rule! FFV on the other hand... ExDeath is almost impossible without grinding WHICH I REFUSE TO DO!!! FFVI can be difficult, But I used every character equally so I was lucky. But the Vanish-Doom trick doesn't work on two bosses in the final dungeon. Kefka and some Robot thing. FFIX isn't hard but Ozma sure is, so are the WEAPONs in FFVII. Omega isn't in VIII, I remember beating him pretty easily. But seriously FF5 = Hardest FF ever

Final Fantasy 5 not only had the hardest boss I've ever fought, but also the hardest sub-boss, in the form of Shinryu.

That was until they made FFIV Advance and Brachioraidos.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:37 am »
Not to sound like a broken record or anything, but... still no Cave Story.  :(  Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #1168 on: August 18, 2009, 01:18:09 am »
\Omega isn't in VIII, I remember beating him pretty easily.

Cerberus, Triple Aura, Triple Haste, Holy War. Summon Doomtrain and just keep up with Renzokuken/Lionheart. Leave the third character to recast Aura and Holy War when it's time.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1169 on: August 18, 2009, 05:35:09 am »
Oh, I wasn't counting optional bosses as I rarely care about them unless you get something cool, useful or there's some story element involved...