Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 194645 times)

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1035 on: June 03, 2009, 03:28:19 am »
Sorry to split the current conversations, but I felt like this deserved a post:

http://www.wiiblog.net/metroid-other-m-trailer-2371/

"Metroid:  Other M".  Strange name, but the trailer is incredible.  In my opinion, it has the potential to outdo the whole Prime series.   Time will tell, but I'm really hopeful!

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 03, 2009, 03:33:08 am »
It not terribly linear, you only have a handful of planets to visit, and each of them is a city, a dungeon and some other unique thing to the planet. But each of those are still quite large and the order and method you choose for each of them your choice.

As for my video game life recently, its a very sad story. I have never been a fan of MMO, having tried several and not liked any of them. A few seemed good at first, like EVE, but time required mixed with repetitive game play, and a monthly fee for the better ones all ways turned me off.

For instance my friends(all of them not just the same small group), for years have be trying to get me to play World of Warcraft, something I had no interest in what so ever. Well one of them the other day pulled be aside and gave be a talk in hopes that I will play. The thing with this case wasn't so much as he was listing what WoW has, it was that I haven't ever given it a shot, and he pulled up several example where my opinion of a game was change when I actually tried it. So in the end I got the 10 day trial and am so fucking pissed off to say that I enjoyed it and am paying a monthly fee for a game.

WoW: Better then I thought, not as good as I heard.

Sorry to split the current conversations, but I felt like this deserved a post:

http://www.wiiblog.net/metroid-other-m-trailer-2371/

"Metroid:  Other M".  Strange name, but the trailer is incredible.  In my opinion, it has the potential to outdo the whole Prime series.   Time will tell, but I'm really hopeful!

EDIT:

I just saw the Mass Effect 2 E3 footage and new releases. Looks better then before, something the very impressive, Bioware has always been great on my list. According to IGN there will be a whole new team and Shepard is still alive. I wanted Tali and Garrus back, I was so pissed that she wasn't romanceable in the game considering that she was the only attractive person in the game. Garrus is just a BAMF.

I always pronounced Aran : Uh-ron not like Er-in. Although now that I think about it I am obviously wrong.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:45:48 am by KebreI »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1037 on: June 03, 2009, 09:12:05 pm »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 03, 2009, 09:12:39 pm »
KIRBY SUPER STAR ULTRA IS THE BEST GAME TO COME OUT ON THE NINTENDO DS. EVER.

I know, it's exciting to see you again, too, but that's no reason to go all Zoah all over our faces.
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:37:18 am by V_Translanka »

Glen

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • Shishnet.org
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #1039 on: June 04, 2009, 11:12:19 am »
Currently, I'm playing read-the-fanfic. Other than that, I'm playing Chrono Trigger (deep into the bowels of Lavos we go, screw Magus!) and SoulCal 3 (Xianghua SMASH!!! ... or not. Xianghua... run away screaming at the wrath of Seung Mina. ... Seung Mina SMASH!!!). It's fun!
Yeah, I agree with that,  because I played soul caliber 3 and 4 and I get to beat Seung-Mina and cassandra and all the women fighters in that game.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
UFC Undisputed
« Reply #1040 on: June 06, 2009, 11:45:00 pm »
Anyone here play it (UFC Undisputed) on the PS3? random questions ftw  :o

I went ahead and moved your topic here since it seemed like you wanted discussion more than just pointing out what game you were playing.
~V_Translanka

XD Thanks.  One of these days my random topic making is gonna get me in trouble, I just know it xD.
Mikisho

Yeah I can make fancy line things too xD
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 02:35:30 am by Mikisho »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 07, 2009, 01:17:32 pm »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 11, 2009, 06:19:43 am »
Civilization 4

It's kicking my ass.  I thought I had some allies but not they let some other ENORMUS army come through to me and start wreckin shop on me, then not help me, then declare war on me.  Sucks.  I don't get it.  They have sooooo many more soldiers than me...and I can't fight back... :x

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 11, 2009, 12:52:23 pm »
Recently I broke out my old Gameboy color and have started playing The legend of Zelda oracle of Seasons.  Then I beat that a few days later and started oracle of ages.  Ages has been slightly more interesting since I've never actually beaten that one (While I have beaten seasons probably half a dozen times)so hopefully I'll actually finish it this time.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 11, 2009, 10:54:13 pm »
I am loving me some Mass Effect.  I had never played it before...  My goodness, I love it.

Samopoznanie

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Playing Upon the Strings of Emptiness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 15, 2009, 04:02:43 am »
I ventured onto eBay for the first time in years today, in search of some new swag for the DS. Didn't end up finding a DS game per se, but I did snag the FFVI re-release and Golden Sun for a total of about $38 + shipping (so around $45... damn exchange rate). FFVI is probably my favourite classic after CT, and seeing as the re-release often sells for over $60 I figured it was too good a chance to miss. Never did own the original cart back in the SNES days.

Heard lots of good things about the Golden Sun games, so I'm looking forward to playing the first one.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 15, 2009, 10:17:47 am »
FFVI is probably my favourite classic after CT, and seeing as the re-release often sells for over $60 I figured it was too good a chance to miss. Never did own the original cart back in the SNES days.
Ditto there buddy. I picked up FF6 before the CnD and before vowing not to buy SE games anymore. But really, that's not an SE game. It's a Squaresoft game. And it's great.  :lol:
Heard lots of good things about the Golden Sun games, so I'm looking forward to playing the first one.
Lemme know how that one is.

kid123

• Guardian (+100)
  • A millenia of unceasingly nonsensical posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 15, 2009, 11:05:58 am »
Golden Sun, first time playing I am in awe. The main character is silent protagonist, but it got an emoticon dialogue to reflect his reaction. The art style is splendid, the scenery is beautiful, the music is awesome, the characters are lively. The combat is still old school turn-based, but with  unique magic system called Djinn. Just play it to understand the system.  The story, well, I forgot how the story goes, because it has been 4 years after I play that game. Enough said,
Golden Sun is another underrated gem from Nintendo. I recommend buying it!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 15, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »
I am loving me some Mass Effect.  I had never played it before...  My goodness, I love it.

Glad to see more people are being converted. I'm not a fan of shooters...like at all, and so I was extremely skeptical at first. But they handled the RPG element of it perfectly. It just felt like a regular RPG where the fights were shooter style instead of swords/magic. Even with all the hype, I honestly half expected it to be a straight shoot-em-up game with a moderately interesting story. It was waaay better than I expected. And the emphasis on planetary exploration was so addictive and fun. Best RPG on the 360 and the best sci-fi RPG I've ever played, hands down.

I hope Mass Effect 2 doesn't disappoint.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 16, 2009, 04:53:19 pm »
I've played Cave story quite a bit, but never actually beaten the full extent of the game.  For those of you who don't know there is an optional area that is known for being an extremely (And I mean extremely) hard area.  And I just beat it a couple days ago.  I'm still not over it!  :D