Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192776 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1005 on: May 08, 2009, 01:17:52 pm »
They said something about a new element. Is there anything new aside from Dark and Steel?

Going by that sentence, I think it's implying by 'element' the features that were introduced in D/P/P; HG/SS will probably have the same up-to-date features as D/P/P, e.g. the phyiscal/special type split, the 2.5D style.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: May 08, 2009, 02:19:50 pm »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Pokémon Heart Gold & Soul Silver got confirmed!

Translation of home page by DigitalJolteon

The games'll be shown on Sunday on Japan's "Pokémon Sunday". So we'll get our first look at the Johto remakes.
Is that a bad thing?

Sebi_HxC

• Iokan (+1)
  • πανάκεια
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: May 08, 2009, 02:26:52 pm »
Hello!!!!!!!! I`m Sebi from Argentina, my inglish is pretty poor so i will do what i can xD         

The games that im`playing are: Persona4 ps2, its awesome, amazing soundtrack, amazing story line, very interesting, good playthrought is an exelent game!

Dead Space PC , its cool , but is always the same, not vary much

Sonic CD PC    this sonic the hedgeohg game is the best ever!! is and old school from sega at the 90` the baste game of sonic ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well that is all for now,    hugs and kisses for everyone !

Aguanten las Chrono Series!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^    bye bye ^^

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: May 08, 2009, 02:31:34 pm »

See ya Boo.
 :1999

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1009 on: May 08, 2009, 02:39:20 pm »
Is that a bad thing?

'Course not, "FUUUUUUUUUUCK" indicates my JOY. :grimm

Jutty

• The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 08, 2009, 02:42:24 pm »
I want to play a pokemon game again but I don't know anything past the original pokemon stuff.

Sebi_HxC

• Iokan (+1)
  • πανάκεια
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 08, 2009, 02:44:09 pm »

See ya Boo.
 :1999

My inglish is pretty poorr and yes, hug and kisses dude!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 19, 2009, 09:29:25 pm »
Just bought Mass Effect after the numerous recommendations from fellow Compendiumites and others. About to pop it in. After the major let down that was Star Ocean 4 I hope this will satisfy my desire for an epic space RPG. The whole shooter aspect of it is a bit of a turn-off for me though, since I find shooting games to be entertaining at first but ultimately repetitive and boring. Of course the same could be said about traditional turn-based JRPG's I suppose. I guess I'll find out if I like it or not in a couple minutes.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 19, 2009, 11:37:54 pm »
Along with Chrono(play everyday)

I've been madly addicted to my N64 lately.
Still touch my recently aqcuired Dreamcast(wanted that for 5 years and have had it now for about 2 months)
So anyways, games.

On N64 I've been playing me Banjo Tooie(need 72 jiggies for final battle!)and for the most part been messing around with replaying bosses and hanging out in one of my favorite worlds Witchyworld. Also, can't get enough of Kazooie and her lines. "Let's find more pages Banjo, I want to cheat." Rareware seems to make a joke out of every video game, but in a good way!

Bio FREAKS I find to be a pretty fun fighter although it might just be my cartridge but for some reason I can play and it stays on easy when I'm practicing. Then after LV 5 the difficulty scale goes from 1/10 to 7/10. Very hard, but I can still manage to find fun in the game.

Conker's Bad Fur Day. I didn't play this when it originally came out, but I always heard great things about it. Now it is one of my all time favorite games ever. I've played through the whole game more times than I can count already(2 weeks now)!Love the humor, I don't care if people find it inappropriate it never gets old that the Spongebob of gaming is spreading blood across the screen, cigar in mouth firing machine guns at foul mouthed poop monsters in order to get some beer, cash, and sexy women! Plus the multiplayer is great! Can't get enough of playing as the Tediz in Deathmatch or Beach! Not to mention how deep the game actually is(although you don't realize it until literally the very end of the game).

Picking up Radiata Stories lately on PS2 and replaying through that, fun experience, another of my top 10 favorite games. Generally(for those who know the game)I'm playing this time through Human Side(never cared much for Non-Human side even if it is morally right)with a team of Alicia, Miranda, and Sonata. Although I may recruit Kain, MAYBE. I dunno. Next time I'm gonna try for getting everyone on human side, even Nyx. I finally got Rocky this playthrough. By the time I got him though he was useless. That game really does deserve a sequel or something, i dunno what but something.

Last thing that pops to mind right now is for the Sega Dreamcast, Phantasy Star Online. Very fun, but stuck on the first boss. The enemies don't seem to regenerate that often and that's giving me problems. Specially since while a neat feature, it dies off in the future (as I'm learning the hard way)this game seems to be very strong with teamwork making things a world easier. Problem is, Dreamcast isn't a recent system anymore. No one's really gonna pay to play online when your chances of finding someone else on the same game, same time on an old system AND online is slim to none. So, I'm in a pickle with this.

Personally looking to get Marvel VS Capcom 2. Have a local arcade machine of it nearby and I've always been an addict to it, and being right near one doesn't help my situation. :P Can't find a Dreamcast copy and I don't have ebay so I'm gonna go with the store's super priced PS2 version(I have an arcade stick and game shark for PS2 anyways. And no, I only use gameshark after I've completed the task once without, just for testing out stuff). Power Stone also seems worth searching for.

Thinking about picking up a Megaman, anyone of them maybe. Play that again. Also some Street Fighter II'll be nice. Either that or Rocket Knight Adventures.

Eh, that's it for me.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 20, 2009, 12:08:41 am »
You will NEVER find a cheap copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2, NEVER!!! That game is also one of the few games worth the price too.

FouCapitan

• Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 20, 2009, 12:17:08 am »
You will NEVER find a cheap copy of Marvel vs Capcom 2, NEVER!!! That game is also one of the few games worth the price too.
I honestly can't remember what I payed for mine.  I think I got it at retail though, back a few months after release.

If I ever dust off my PS2 again...

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 20, 2009, 12:22:10 am »
Started at $50 bucks or so, I have seen it anywhere from $30-$80.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1017 on: May 20, 2009, 01:18:02 am »
I want to play a pokemon game again but I don't know anything past the original pokemon stuff.

You could pick up Fire Red or Leaf Green to ease yourself into some of the newer concepts, maybe...

As for MvC2...If you've got a DC, it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!

KebreI

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 20, 2009, 01:41:30 am »
As for MvC2...If you've got a DC, it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!
:picardno

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #1019 on: May 24, 2009, 06:14:48 am »

This is my tribute to a game I played through recently, Sigma Star Saga. Unfortunately, far too many people never gave this very brilliant game a chance. It's a hybrid RPG/Adventure-Game/Space Shooter; no, seriously. The run around and exploration parts are like an adventure game where finding new tools unlock new areas, and earlier areas that were barred off; along the way you collect experience points, watch lengthy RPG style cutscenes, and engage in randomly occuring battles; however, those randomly occuring battles - as well as some key plot points - actually take the form of space shooter levels. The story both makes sense of all this in a logical way, but also happens to be very good as well. This was supposed to be a shot of Recker and Psyme talking in the crate that Zelly put them in on their way to Starbase 3, just before Psyme kisses Recker while he's in the middle of feeling sorry for himself about the fate of Sigma Squadron, but I think I got a little carried away with adding details to the crate to the point where it really doesn't look like a crate at all anymore.

This is the most complicated picture I've ever done, and it took way too long to make, but I am definitely happy with the final results. I find it funny that in Krill society the guys are basically given walking tank suits, but the girls apparently get the 'battle bikini' (but it gets +2 communication with the fleet, it seems). Anyways, don't ever expect anything quite this complicated from me again for a good long while.

:kamina