Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192790 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #825 on: February 26, 2009, 06:06:39 pm »
What? I thought Lufia was great too...and I don't really count 1 & 2 as separate games since it's basically a direct continuation (backwards, which is neat)...and the GBA one was good too...It's just the GBC one that was awful.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 26, 2009, 06:58:09 pm »
Oh? There's a GBA one? I guess the GBC one REALLY DID kill my love for the series... Because that one really did suck massive donkey balls.

Here I was super pumped to have a mini army of 9 characters in battles, only to find out I can only use 3 characters at a time, not 3 charcaters in a party, but 9 characters in a party where they are positioned in 3x3 and you can only use 1 per row.. And the random generated maps did not want me to play the game any longer, for me that's just laziness on the part of game developping.

I think I just gotten the 14th character and then I dropped that game like a rock and never kept track of it afterward.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 26, 2009, 10:20:12 pm »
Yeah, the dungeons in that GBC one (The Legend Returns) were just brutal...The GBA one (The Ruins of Lore) was actually a "Gaiden" and was the only one not developed by Neverland (maybe they got the boot after Legend Returns?)...It takes place 20 years after Lufia 2...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: February 26, 2009, 10:33:32 pm »
There were also two canceled titles.

Ruins Chaser which became The Legend Returns, and Beginning of a Legend, a prequel for Rise of the Sinistrals.

Of the four released games, I have only played RotS.

idioticidioms

« Reply #829 on: February 26, 2009, 10:52:49 pm »
I've played all four, but have only completed the first two.  I honestly just don't care for the battle system or poor translation of the one for GBC, but Ruins of Lore is pretty cool so far, I just haven't gotten around to playing it much.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 27, 2009, 01:35:33 am »
I FINALLY am getting Chrono trigger DS.  I ordered it yesterday.  Don't know when it'll be here, but am looking forward to it.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 27, 2009, 02:13:49 pm »
In the Lufia series, is there at any point where you meet Arek, that 5th sinistral that you see in the intro of Lufia 2?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 27, 2009, 02:18:18 pm »
I am thinking of getting a 360 whats good? I am already look at maybe buying BioShock, Eternal Sonata, Dead Rising, or Fallout 3.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 27, 2009, 02:49:12 pm »
How about Star Ocean 4?

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #834 on: February 27, 2009, 02:55:32 pm »
For the 360, I'd suggest Halo 3 and Halo Wars (comes out March third), Street Fighter IV, Left 4 Dead, and Overlord. I haven't had much time to try out newer games, but those last three are the favourites floating around school.

Oh, and apparently there's a Halo side-story game coming out in fall '09, where you get to play as an ODST. I seriously need to renew my Live subscription before then.. (yes, I'm a Halo freak.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:58:15 pm by Zephira »

KebreI

• A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 27, 2009, 03:50:53 pm »
I mentioned those three games in particular because they some up my preferred gaming type. I do look forward to Star Ocean 4 and Halo wars, but I looking games that are already out. I'm a cheap bastard so I have no problems with used games.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2009, 03:57:45 pm »
Overlord's been out pretty much as long as the 360 has. I think it was one of the launching titles.
Gears of War and Gears of War 2 are shooters with pretty interesting storylines, but some of the game mechanics are hard to get used to.
Oh, and avoid Assassin's Creed. It's pretty, it's entertaining for the first few kills, but that's about it. They drag the story out so much that you want to keep playing just to see what happens, but the missions are all tedious and repetitive.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 27, 2009, 06:01:01 pm »
In the Lufia series, is there at any point where you meet Arek, that 5th sinistral that you see in the intro of Lufia 2?

I don't really remember...It's been a while since I played 1 or 2...I didn't get through all of Ruins of Lore (much less Legend Returns)...

Gears of War and Gears of War 2 are shooters with pretty interesting storylines, but some of the game mechanics are hard to get used to.

I don't remember anything hard about GoW (I only played the first one)...Online got kind of boring after a short time though I recall...From what I've heard about the 2nd one though, they've fixed some of it (but I'd still probably stick with Unreal Tournament, myself :lol:)...

I think I'd suggest Fallout 3 & Oblivion if your PC can't handle 'em...*shrugs*

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 27, 2009, 07:53:25 pm »
Star Ocean 4 is supposed to be a prequel right? Gosh I'm tired of prequels after #3 in series... Just like Suikoden, f**k they can't make a sequel after #3? I liked Suikoden 4 a lot even though it was 150 years before Suikoden 1, but when Suikoden 5 came out, I was so disappointed when I found out it was 6-8 years before Suikoden 1... *grumble* Enough with the prequels dammit! *sigh*

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #839 on: February 27, 2009, 08:41:12 pm »
Orange Box is awesomely awesome, and even better with internet.