Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192723 times)

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #795 on: February 13, 2009, 11:44:30 pm »
The difference that I found were;
-different gym bosses
-different starting pokemon(except for FireRed and LeafGreen)
-roughly 50-100 added from the previous version
-Diamond & Pearl is WiFi! :D

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 14, 2009, 05:53:32 pm »
-Diamond & Pearl is WiFi! :D
Ah, one of the few improvements besides graphics in Diamond and Pearl.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #797 on: February 14, 2009, 09:42:58 pm »
They could cut it out with the insanely strong dragons by now. Also, this idea that only legendary monsters should be allowed to have alternate forms is retarded. Giratina and Shaymin are powerful enough as it is, why do this instead of giving alt. forms to Pokémon that really need them? I know Rotom has alternate forms too, but from what I've found it's already cheap from the get-go.

Another thing, D/P had almost 20 legendaries. The 'Psychic Trio' are little more than rushed designs that all look the same, with minor differences and a little plot importance. They're not needed. Also, why in hell should you be able to catch Arceus? I thought it was a 'creator' or god of some sort, and you're allowed to waltz into a fight with it and trap it in a Master Ball. I'd have preferred it to be restricted simply to a backstory role and nothing more. Or you could even fight it but capturing it is impossible. Come on, Game Freak, think instead of repeating the same formula every gen.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #798 on: February 14, 2009, 10:44:27 pm »
Maybe when people stop buying insane amounts of the series they'll think about making a change...otherwise, I'm fairly sure it doesn't make any sense for them to...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #799 on: February 14, 2009, 11:00:05 pm »
Ahh, how much of my life was given to Pokemon...
Between me and my brothers, we have every single Pokemon gameboy game, except for the new Mystery Dungeon and Ranger. The only ones I really spent a lot of time on were Silver, Fire and Pearl. Fire, because I like the original pokedexes (Kanto+Johto) better than the third (Hoenn). And Pearl, because I could play with my Fire team again. And Wifi!
My only year in high school was filled with Pearl Wifi battles. No one could defeat my team of Mewtwos!

There's a new one launching in March, the Platinum version. It centers around Giratina. But really, he just looks like a giant Sir Krawlie made out of roughly hewn tin plates. The new pokemon and legendaries are ridiculous. But, I have to get it... Pokemon is a poison. I don't think these games will ever stop selling.
(Though if they want to make a really good one, they should go back to the Mewtwo/Mew/Team Rocket plots.)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #800 on: February 14, 2009, 11:08:38 pm »
You mean they should just remake Yellow like they did with Red & Green? I always thought that (and wondered why they didn't also do Blue...)...

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #801 on: February 14, 2009, 11:13:19 pm »
A remake of Yellow would be cool, but it always bugged me that only the "cute" Pokemon would follow you around. You should be able to stomp around Saffron City with a giant Dragonite behind you! Or just drag a Wailord around. Aren't those things close to fifty feet long?

Although, Most of the Pokemon series is just a bunch of remakes. If they could revisit the characters in that region but with some new (not ridiculous) tale, that'd be a lot better.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 15, 2009, 12:41:47 am »
I don't really care about remakes as long as I get one of Gold and Silver some day.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 15, 2009, 12:45:25 am »
I don't really care about remakes as long as I get one of Gold and Silver some day.

If I'm not mistaken, there is a fan-made remake of Gold.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 15, 2009, 01:42:38 pm »
You mean they should just remake Yellow like they did with Red & Green? I always thought that (and wondered why they didn't also do Blue...)...

GB Red Version -> GBA FireRed

GB Blue Version -> (is actually) GBA LeafGreen

By the way, what's so different about the Green version of Pokemon? You could only use Bulbasaur?

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: February 15, 2009, 01:48:24 pm »

Its called Shinygold and it isnt finished yet

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #806 on: February 15, 2009, 02:25:38 pm »
There's a new one launching in March, the Platinum version. It centers around Giratina. But really, he just looks like a giant Sir Krawlie made out of roughly hewn tin plates. The new pokemon and legendaries are ridiculous. But, I have to get it... Pokemon is a poison. I don't think these games will ever stop selling.

Platinum's actually one hell of a revamp. It's far more enjoyable and generally made more balanced (until the Elite Four, they've become way stronger, especially Lucian), plus you can record battles and such. Don't get excited about Torn/Distortion World though, it's boring as hell and contains no random encounters.

Its called Shinygold and it isnt finished yet

It's near enough finished though, right? I have the latest version and I think it runs up to the Magnet Train section of Kanto.

By the way, what's so different about the Green version of Pokemon? You could only use Bulbasaur?

Red and Green were released in Japan, but there were a few serious glitches found (e.g. a glitch at the start of the game could lead you to the Hall of Fame and potentially anywhere you wanted). Blue was released in Japan a few months later, with improved graphics and sprites, monster location changes, and bug fixes. This is the version the US and Europe got. So, Red and Blue here are essentially Blue and the second version of the game.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:57 pm »

That's what I thought Platinum was going to be. It would have made the most sense, but apparently it's the update to Diamond and Pearl. The fuck was the point?

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 17, 2009, 07:46:58 pm »

That's what I thought Platinum was going to be. It would have made the most sense, but apparently it's the update to Diamond and Pearl. The fuck was the point?
Platinum is to Diamond and Pearl what Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire or Crystal to Gold and Silver. 

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 20, 2009, 11:13:27 pm »
Replaying Chrono Trigger cause my files erased themselves and I still haven't beaten lavos before.  :(                  I was soo close.

I am at 2050AD and just got the left side of the factory complete and am now working on shutting the defense system down.   I got the hatch open too.

Chrono: LV 12:   Cyclone and Slash:

Robo: LV 11:   Laser Spin and Aurora Beam:

Marle LV 11:       Auroa Whirl and Provoke:

EXP: 3491

Next  729:  I am getting there. :picardno
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:16:32 pm by TriforceofEternity »