Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 195195 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #615 on: January 10, 2009, 09:50:24 pm »
But, I think that action was pointless. Sephiroth could have even realized her action was going to do more good than harm to him had Holy's purpose not being attached to something, like Meteor's.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 09:56:19 pm by Acacia Sgt »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #616 on: January 10, 2009, 10:00:32 pm »
I thought Sephiroth just killed her because he was crazy. If we're thinking that way, there is no reason for him to destroy the world with Meteor either.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 10, 2009, 10:10:10 pm »
Aerith was summoning Holy.

Holy...

Quote from: Bugenhagen
...the ultimate White Magic. Magic that might stand against
Meteor.
Perhaps our last hope to save the planet from Meteor. If a soul seeking
Holy reaches the planet, it will appear. Ho Ho Hoooo. Meteor, Weapon,
everything will disappear. Perhaps, even ourselves.

Aerith is killed, but Holy was called anyway.

So, Sephiroth blocks Holy from emerging, which is why he must be stopped.

But, when Holy arrives, instead of stopping it, ...

Quote from: Red XIII
Holy is
having the opposite effect.

In the end, the Lifestream was the one who stopped Meteor.

(However, it is only my opinion on how her death was pointless, considering Holy ended up helping Meteor in the end. If not to obliterate the planet, but to end humanity instead.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:12:15 pm by Acacia Sgt »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #618 on: January 10, 2009, 10:13:00 pm »
Wow. Then it was pointless, although Lifestream couldn't of stopped it without Aerith dead.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:36 pm »
Maybe it was her way to correct her mistake.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #620 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:31 pm »
I heard FFVIII Sucks. Care to tell me why it's good? Also- HOW CAN A GAME BE TOO LONG!!!?? It's means you're getting more out of your money! If i spent 60 bucks on FFVII and it was only 30 hours long, I would KILL.

It's a little something called pacing...Just because something is good, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. If you took your favorite movie, for instance and instead of 1 & 1/2 or even 2 (*groan*) hours stretched the fucker out to 4, you'd notice how drawn out & boring everything was getting. Sometimes you just need to get to the gettin' while the gettin's good.

The Phantasy Star game series doesn't get enough credit compared to some of the bigger names.

Probably because all of the newer iterations are lame ass MMO's (the original games being on SMS & Genesis probably didn't help either, with the SNES hoarding the era's best RPGs)...I hope to god Phantasy Star 0 is good...but it's sounding & looking a lot like the Online games...I'm also super pissed that PS4 wasn't included in the GBA PS collection...WTF is up with that shit? They had better port/remake that for DS after 0 or something...That's practically a declaration of war as far as I'm concerned...!

As for FFVIII's "battle" system (it's really the leveling system people whine about, not the actual battle system which didn't really change at all)...I was completely fine with the Draw System...I found it to be no more or less time consuming than regular RPG leveling...The Junctioning System, though, was kind of broken...it was way too easy to use to just pwn everything...

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 10, 2009, 10:39:54 pm »
It's a little something called pacing...Just because something is good, there is such thing as too much of a good thing. If you took your favorite movie, for instance and instead of 1 & 1/2 or even 2 (*groan*) hours stretched the fucker out to 4, you'd notice how drawn out & boring everything was getting.

God, have you seen that movie "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button?". If you have then you'll understand what I mean by the reference.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #622 on: January 10, 2009, 10:48:59 pm »
I haven't, but it does indeed look like one of those long & drawn out "epics"...

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 10, 2009, 10:54:13 pm »
Basically. It's a movie that would have been great had it lasted for an hour and a half instead of over 3 hours, especially since you already know what the ending is going to be because the beginning of the movie gives it away. It's incredibly predictable, even more so than that "Seven Pounds" movie that's out right now with Will Smith (predictable, but I liked it).

I foresee that The Curious Case will get a huge number of awards though. It's just one of those "artsy" movies that you know will.

EDIT: On a side note, there's an incredibly disturbing sexual tension scene in The Curious Case between a 7 year old girl and an old man (who is supposed to be 7 himself). It's enough to give you nightmares or puke. Or both simultaneously.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:55:49 pm by chrono eric »

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 10, 2009, 11:16:25 pm »
lol aeris dies

It's funny, though; You ask a fangirl who Aeris is and they're completely stumped. From time to time I'll ask them if they've ever visited the Gold Saucer to bet on Chocobo Races (In-real-life context) and they'll just be flabbergasted.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #625 on: January 10, 2009, 11:48:52 pm »
After I beat FFVII I'm going to do a full, humourus Recap for all my freinds here... I wrote part of one...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 11, 2009, 12:08:18 am »
I have never seen her death as a big deal. My uncle just said "She dies in the Final Fantasy she appears" when I first played Kingdom Hearts, and that's how I found out.

And I didn't saw the death itself until last summer. In between, to me, she was in the same group as Tellah, Galuf, General Leo, Joseph, Ricard, etc.

Then, I saw it, and I thought her situation was more incredible compared to the others. But then I saw the ending...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 11, 2009, 02:03:41 am »
Catch-Up Post!

Speaking of, when me and my friend were talking about who might be in KHIII, My Friend (Asafigow) said randomly, "I dunno, maybe someone from Chrono Trigger?" I believe he was joking, but it's always good to hope...

That reminds me of "Kingdumb Hearts" on NewGrounds. In the parody of KH2, one of the planets on their map is "Chrono Trigger Planet" which I thought was kickass.

...which is WAY better than crappy SSB which I never liked.

BLASPHEMER!!!

Oh fuck's sake, I was gonna make that joke.

Haha, poor Pyt.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 11, 2009, 04:47:53 pm »
Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, has anyone cared to beat RE: Chain of Memories?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 11, 2009, 04:50:59 pm »
Currently on the 6th floor.

I really need more high-value cards.