Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192749 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #285 on: December 14, 2008, 12:56:02 am »
I get the feeling he'd do his best to have the battle system switched to more of a real-time one...

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 14, 2008, 01:21:11 am »
D'you think they can remake FF7 (the original) for PS3 without ruining the game?

No.

Tetsuya Nomura seems to be a whore for his fangirls and Gackt. I don't want to see one of my favorite games turned into a catastrophe like Crisis Core.

Catastrophe? Hardly. Dirge of Cerberus was a catastrophe. Crisis Core was the best thing to come out of the entire Compilation. Why did you hate it so much?

And Nomura could do an excellent remake if he wanted to. Look at Re: Chain of Memories for PS2 -- perfect update of the original for GBA. Hopefully he realizes that FFVII needs to be remade for PS3 with the exact same treatment -- nothing more, nothing less.

Oh, my mistake, I meant Dirge of Cerberus I get all of the billions of sequels and prequels mixed up...

Umaro

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 14, 2008, 04:38:50 pm »
Alundra. How many of you have actually played this gem?

Never heard of it, but after you mentioned it, I looked up some youtube videos. Thank you for introducing me to this game; I must acquire it. To the Amazonmobile!

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 14, 2008, 04:53:50 pm »
Alundra. How many of you have actually played this gem?
Played it and beaten it twice. Good gameplay, good graphics, okay sound, but the storyline leaves something to be desired. Overall, definitely worth playing.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 14, 2008, 04:55:23 pm »
Alundra was pretty good... Alundra II on the other hand... now that was a horrible horrible sequel...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 14, 2008, 10:17:02 pm »
I can't believe how good I got at Ace Combat 5 despite not playing it for years. Before, Mission 13 was a nightmare to me, now, passed it on the first try. I know now what I was doing wrong, I had been using the wrong plane all those tries so long ago.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2008, 08:23:59 am »
I guess you were only a lowly lieutenant then. Now that you're a sergeant, you can make better decisions, amirite? :D

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #292 on: December 15, 2008, 08:26:18 am »
I had to re-restart Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon because I was killing people off wrong...I had gotten rid of the Paladin in the beginning instead of one of the three Cavaliers (& really, I should have gotten rid of another Cavalier so I could have two Archers, but eff Archers...I'm fine with just the one for now...though I killed the first now so I got the backup...because girl Archers rule! it's been proven scientifically, I think even!)...and in the first restart I had killed off a bunch of people all at once, when I only have to kill off enough people to be under 15 in the actual individual chapters' party prior to the x-Chapters...! I swear this is the last time...! I WILL get through a goddamn FE game finally...and I think my first SRPG in freakin forever too...in fact, FFT might be the only SRPG I've ever actually played all the way through (though to be fair, it was more than once!)...>_<

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #293 on: December 15, 2008, 08:53:06 am »
Playing through Persona 3 FES, and I defeated the new boss in CTDS last night. Think I'll finally play through FE Shadow Dragon... Any tips, V_T?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2008, 09:03:55 am »
I'm actually not very far now with all these restarts...The furthest I got in the beginning was Chapter 7...the restart I got to Chapter 4...and now I'm on Chapter 2 or 3...If you have less than 4 party members in Prologue IV you get that second Archer I was talking about (it's a Chapter you have to sacrifice one member of three Cavaliers, a Paladin & another Archer you pick up in that Chapter by talking to him)...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2008, 03:07:42 am »
I just played Chapter 6 again and it turns out I was totally wrong! It's not dependent upon just your current Chapter team, but your overall party that has to be under 15...how troublesome...I'm totally going to forget about the x-Chapters and just play through this time (the Paladin was easily the better choice over the Cavalier, btw)...Keep Cain & Able too since their stat growths should be better than the other Cavalier...I'm not 100% on that, but that seems like how things go in the FE world...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2008, 02:12:04 pm »
Funny, I had thought the missions after the 13 will be hard, but so far the only one that gave me trouble was the 18+.

Although I don't like it when I ran out of missiles. Relying on just the gun is something I'm not good at. I have gotten better though, but not enough to take on small groups of planes with it.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2008, 02:33:46 pm »
I'm actually not very far now with all these restarts...The furthest I got in the beginning was Chapter 7...the restart I got to Chapter 4...and now I'm on Chapter 2 or 3...If you have less than 4 party members in Prologue IV you get that second Archer I was talking about (it's a Chapter you have to sacrifice one member of three Cavaliers, a Paladin & another Archer you pick up in that Chapter by talking to him)...

I just played Chapter 6 again and it turns out I was totally wrong! It's not dependent upon just your current Chapter team, but your overall party that has to be under 15...how troublesome...I'm totally going to forget about the x-Chapters and just play through this time (the Paladin was easily the better choice over the Cavalier, btw)...Keep Cain & Able too since their stat growths should be better than the other Cavalier...I'm not 100% on that, but that seems like how things go in the FE world...

Double poster posted twice.

Did they fix Marth's O.A. to match his later appearances? (SSBM and later)

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2008, 05:28:01 pm »
Question: I'm thinking about going and getting an RPG I've never played through before since I'm tired of replaying my old games. I've never played Saga Frontier - is it worth it?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 17, 2008, 12:56:14 am »
Double poster posted twice.

Did they fix Marth's O.A. to match his later appearances? (SSBM and later)

I usually overlook double posts as long as they aren't, like, minutes apart & actually add something other than a joke or something otherwise redundant...OA...Original Appearance? I'm not really familiar with the series outside of Blazing Sword & Sacred Stones...

Question: I'm thinking about going and getting an RPG I've never played through before since I'm tired of replaying my old games. I've never played Saga Frontier - is it worth it?

SaGa Frontier is...different, certainly...It's a very hit or miss game (VERY miss for me) for most people...I greatly prefer Live-a-Live, which is similar only in that you get to choose multiple characters whose storylines sorta interweave...SaGa Frontier gets kind of repetitive because every character more or less plays through the same worlds (the FMVs for the inter-city ships are awesome, though...I totally wanted them to make models of them)...SaGa Frontier 2 is better (not really related to 1 as far as I remember), but not by a lot...Pick again.