Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 194534 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2008, 07:57:30 pm »
Wrath of the Lich King, just got my death knight to 73 last night.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2008, 09:01:50 pm »
Actually, I gave up & moved on to newer & better games since then...I may go back to Phantom Hourglass some day, but for now my days are filled with Chrono Trigger & Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff (I just edited all the teams to NFL teams...though not players yet, which I would totally need some kind of FAQ or something to do completely...V_V)...

If you're still stuck in PH, lemme know where you are in the game and what the last objective you completed was.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2008, 10:18:04 pm »
Currently playing through Chrono Trigger DS while allowing my Fable 2 character to make lots and lots of monies.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 26, 2008, 10:40:44 pm »
Currently Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger DS, and Ace Combat 04.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2008, 12:29:31 am »
If you have a 360 you should rent it, then decide on whether or not to get it.

'fraid I don't have a 360, or any console for that matter.

course being the "close minded" person I am, playing fallout on a console or that fact that it can be played on a console says that the game is subpar compared to cRPGs...

meh, whatever.  i am going to go sulk in a corner.

Clearly nothing good has ever came from consoles  :lol:

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2008, 12:43:55 am »

Sarge, you are 2/3 lucky.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2008, 06:50:26 am »
Chrono Trigger DS
Baten Katios Origins
Persona 3 FES
Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume (Japanese version)

The new VP is surprisingly good, despite being a little bit of a break away from the norm.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2008, 09:11:36 am »
Actually, I gave up & moved on to newer & better games since then...I may go back to Phantom Hourglass some day, but for now my days are filled with Chrono Trigger & Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff (I just edited all the teams to NFL teams...though not players yet, which I would totally need some kind of FAQ or something to do completely...V_V)...

If you're still stuck in PH, lemme know where you are in the game and what the last objective you completed was.

I believe I was supposed to follow the ghost ship into the second map and I did, but then after following it for a bit on that map I got sent back...I think I might be supposed to go to some island on the first map (which I had already gone to before I followed the ghost ship) or something, but I'm not sure & didn't care enough to try before...

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2008, 09:48:36 am »

And why is that?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08:28 am »
I would say that Ace Combat is the odd man out, but only because I know its not an RPG and I never played any of the games (is it an RTS series...? I'm not even all that familiar with it)...though personally SD3>SD2, so I'd say you were only 1/3 lucky, myself...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2008, 10:38:39 am »

And why is that?

B/c I like SoM and CT (second one is obvious, seeing as I'm here), duh.

I believe I was supposed to follow the ghost ship into the second map and I did, but then after following it for a bit on that map I got sent back...I think I might be supposed to go to some island on the first map (which I had already gone to before I followed the ghost ship) or something, but I'm not sure & didn't care enough to try before...

After following the Ghost Ship and being sent back, go back to Molida Island and look around. Once you have the shovel, dig near the trees. You'll find a hole that will let you continue.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2008, 11:31:37 am »
Right now, I've gone on a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, Pokemon Crystal kick. In about two weeks I've gone through the Land of Johto, am training for the Elite Four (or Five, depending on if you count the champion), am trying to get that damn Eevee to turn into an Espeon (not going too well), and have solved the three slidy puzzles of the Ruins of Alph. Now I'm hunting down Raikou and figuring out when the bloody train will be here so I can go to Saffron.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2008, 11:54:53 am »
teaflower, you should try out the FireRed hack called ShinyGold, it's a really awesome attempt at remaking the Johto games for the GBA.

You can get your Eevee a haircut in the Goldenrod underground path (a salon in a dodgy path under the city is completely logical) every day, which improves its happiness. Also, you can use the weakest healing items (Potions, Berries, etc.) when it's low on health so that you're able to use multiple and get a higher happiness. Don't forgot checking with the Goldenrod woman who tells you how happy your Pokemon are, and make sure to save your game a lot in case Eevee happens to evolve during night instead of day.

Oh, and the train isn't working till you go and solve that sidequest in Kanto.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2008, 12:02:29 pm »
Pokemon Crystal was the best in the series. I don't think I ever got more playtime out of a game, save for ToS. Months upon Months of my childhood are now owned by Nintendo.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2008, 12:14:16 pm »
Right now, I've gone on a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, Pokemon Crystal kick. In about two weeks I've gone through the Land of Johto, am training for the Elite Four (or Five, depending on if you count the champion), am trying to get that damn Eevee to turn into an Espeon (not going too well), and have solved the three slidy puzzles of the Ruins of Alph. Now I'm hunting down Raikou and figuring out when the bloody train will be here so I can go to Saffron.

You should try and pwn Ash while you're at it. And look it up on GameFAQs for when the Train arrives. More than likely it's there.