Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192742 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2008, 09:55:13 am »
Isn't Black & White also in that line of thinking? idk as I usually don't go for that genre at all...

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2008, 10:41:43 am »
yea that has some city building things going on in there.  i prefered the first one over the 2nd one.
but it doesn't feel like you are building a kingdom really...at least to me. 

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2008, 01:14:52 pm »
Pocket Monsters Platinum
Rockman 3
Rockman 2
Baten Kaitos Origins

Man, BKO is awesome.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2008, 01:50:43 am »
Dot Hack Mutation and System Shock 2

EDIT: dot hack games are awesome but I cannot get then anymore. The one I'm playing is part 2 and is from 2003.
I also finish GU series they are the best.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:16:34 pm by MagilsugaM »

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2008, 01:56:06 am »
.Hack has games?  I just though it had manga, novels, and maybe an anime.  My sister has read a ton of the novels.  I haven't gotten around to it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2008, 11:50:26 am »
I'm fairly sure there are a shitton of .Hack games...whenever I've seen their boxes & looked at them though I get Phantasy Star Online flashbacks and start to convulse in the stores...

And, really, I think this topic should be more than just popping in to list w/e it is you're playing. Leave some comments or something, dudes. Try not to make it so spammy (I know it's hard with this kind of thread)...

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2008, 02:54:57 pm »
I'm fairly sure there are a shitton of .Hack games...whenever I've seen their boxes & looked at them though I get Phantasy Star Online flashbacks and start to convulse in the stores...

And, really, I think this topic should be more than just popping in to list w/e it is you're playing. Leave some comments or something, dudes. Try not to make it so spammy (I know it's hard with this kind of thread)...

Yeah I was thinking more of a game suggestion or beware of thread when I made it. If you can think of a better name you can edit the title.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2008, 03:34:56 pm »
I think that makes enough sense...people should automatically know not to spam it up, really (the only thing I would add would be "(Just Don't Spam It Up)", really)...

Now that I've derailed conversation...did I mention in this thread that I finally sat down and went through Battle Network V and am working on BNVI? So far there's a lot of playing as other Navis other than Megaman, which kind of breaks up the monotony, but you can't access their NaviCust screen (which is STUPID) and sometimes the Navi just kinda sucks (Dustman), which makes me want to play the other version to see if that have been a better choice...but w/e...too late now...I think this might be the first one where I've gotten Megaman's HP over 1000 legit, too...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 06:54:02 pm by V_Translanka »

Jutty

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2008, 06:20:57 pm »
I've been playing the X series again. I seem to suck really bad at the games tho. X3 has induced several instances where I wanted to smack myself with one the large duke xbox controllers. This is kind of off topic but does anyone know any good Megaman communities? I googled for some fan sites but they all sucked.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2008, 06:58:20 pm »
Super Mario Sunshine is one of the worst games to get a kick on. Some of the shines are really hard to get (WHAT?! I have to clean up this beach in 3 minutes? WHAT?! I have to find a hidden passageway? WHAT?! Red coins on water plus fast moving things equals shine? WHAT?! Impossible secret thing?) and you just need to keep doing it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2008, 07:00:36 pm »
Quote from: Jutty
This is kind of off topic but does anyone know any good Megaman communities? I googled for some fan sites but they all sucked.

I'd hate to say GameFAQs, so I won't.

So, what about Capcom-unity (I almost did a spit-take reading that url)?

There are probably tons of crappy fan sites out there to sift through, so why not try out the official?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2008, 01:24:51 pm »
I've been playing the X series again. I seem to suck really bad at the games tho. X3 has induced several instances where I wanted to smack myself with one the large duke xbox controllers. This is kind of off topic but does anyone know any good Megaman communities? I googled for some fan sites but they all sucked.

Good lord I'm horrible at the X series. Managed to complete Maverick Hunter X really quickly, but it was still frustrating. X4 is RIDICULOUS. I have no idea how you're expected to even learn to dodge the various shit thrown at you in the levels.

Don't get me started on the non-canon X6 through 8. I still have yet to play 6, but 7 is awful, and 8 is, despite looking absolutely lovely and being presented really well, is evil. Check out the level 'Inferno' sometime on youtube and watch for the room with the spikes. It's laughably hard. The annoying thing is X8 is so cool and fun, yet some levels will really drive you up the wall.

Super Mario Sunshine is one of the worst games to get a kick on. Some of the shines are really hard to get (WHAT?! I have to clean up this beach in 3 minutes? WHAT?! I have to find a hidden passageway? WHAT?! Red coins on water plus fast moving things equals shine? WHAT?! Impossible secret thing?) and you just need to keep doing it.

Agreed. Everything in Sirena Beach exists to claw away at your patience. The thing with the giant manta ray and having to clean the beach in 3 minutes? Nothing compared to the shit you have to do to find a fucking pineapple for Yoshi in a later Shine there. Some of the 'Shadow Mario' FLUDD-less levels had me throwing controllers.

Oh yeah, the blooper surfing, as you mentioned. Ow.

Jutty

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2008, 01:43:47 pm »
I beat X1 last night for the first time. I remember when I was younger playing and never being able to beat Sigma. This time I got the Hadoken capsule and killed Sigma's dog and Sigma in 1 shot. It wouldn't work on his 2nd form tho :(. However it was really easy having 4 sub tanks full and all the upgrades I imagine you could only die if you really tried to like standing in the flame blasts or something. I'm starting on x2 now. The only ones I can't play are 7 and 8 because I gave my PS2 to my friend. Anyway maybe I can emulate it I dunno. My pc is not that great :P.

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 09, 2008, 05:38:03 pm »
Im currently playing :

Dream of mirror Online (gametribe version)
Eternal sonata ps3
Valkyria chronicles ps3

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2008, 01:32:41 am »

Good lord I'm horrible at the X series. Managed to complete Maverick Hunter X really quickly, but it was still frustrating. X4 is RIDICULOUS. I have no idea how you're expected to even learn to dodge the various shit thrown at you in the levels.

Don't get me started on the non-canon X6 through 8. I still have yet to play 6, but 7 is awful, and 8 is, despite looking absolutely lovely and being presented really well, is evil. Check out the level 'Inferno' sometime on youtube and watch for the room with the spikes. It's laughably hard. The annoying thing is X8 is so cool and fun, yet some levels will really drive you up the wall.

I finished all X series but I really suck at Normal Rockman. I couldn't even finish 1, the only one which I was able to beat was 8 and I was extremely hard. If you get all the armor part in x the game is quite easy.
Yeah I really suck at normal ones I took me ages to finish the demo of 9 xD