Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192794 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 10:03:17 pm »
I'm working through FFTA2 and...oh dammit, I'm stuck on LoZ: PH, I need to go look for a FAQ...stupid ghost ship nonsense...V_V

That Ghost Ship was an extreme pain, not the dungeon itself, but the boss. They kept going in an order that would make it near impossible for me to beat them. Eventually they made it so that the battle was so easy I laughed and cried at the same time.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 10:59:38 pm »
I'm playing through FFX for a second time (the first time was when it first came out)...  As soon as it's over I'm starting FFX-2 (also for the second time).  And don't try to deter me against FFX-2.  I've heard every argument and I still found myself really enjoying the game...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 11:29:05 pm »
Actually, I'm not ON the Ghost Ship...I was doing the following it to the next sea chart map and then I didn't know what to do after I got to the map...

As for how it runs...it seems good enough to me. I hate the stylus controls though...Minish Cap rulz Phantom Hourglass' face so far.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 11:50:58 pm »
I am currently playing Final Fantasy VI Advance on my DS. Don't worry, Cryo and I are also working on editing the script for Episode 18 of CTU every night as well. I'll begin animating it as soon as it's finalized.

I just bought FFVI Advance, I've never really played FFVI at all so I'm kinda looking forward to it. I always end up quitting about 20 mins in and losing interest. This time I'm gonna force myself to play for a while so I can see if the story is as good as people claim.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 01:19:30 am »
You won't be dissapointed, I assure you.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 08:58:24 am »
Just got Mog and up to the Sealed Cave in FFVI Advance. Currently levelling up my underused party members (Setzer, Terra, Mash/Sabin, Cayenne/Cyan)

I hate the stylus controls though...Minish Cap rulz Phantom Hourglass' face so far.

I like the stylus controls, but I have to agree that The Minish Cap is better. PH is pretty lazy in comparison to most Zelda games, plus that freaking Temple of the Ocean King... I HATE IT. You have to go back and do it all over again after every dungeon but with an extra floor each time, grinding away at your patience like crazy. But of course you already know that.

Oh, right, Masaru is what he's called in Japan. As I've been watching it on Toon Disney, I've always been calling him Marcus Damon.

Ah, nasty. The Savers dub started nicely, then started changing all the 'Marcus is a badass who takes on Yakuza gangs and still wins' themes to 'I wanna be the Hokage lulz'. And then they began cutting religious references like crazy (Yggdrassil is the Digital World's god, I think the dub calls it... 'Master' or something). Oh, and that episode where they changed the giant walking bomb Digimon to a giant orange. Heavens forbid he explode and cover the town in fruit juice!

Worst part was cutting Agumon kicking Marcus in the crotch in the first episode, though. xD

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 01:13:26 pm »
I just ordered and received Gundam Battle Assault on PS1, IMO, one of the best fighters ever. Been playing that, Super Smash Brothers Melee, Road Rash II on my genesis emulator, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas when I get pissed off, and A few games on my DS, including Final Fantasy IV, Kirby Canvas Curse, and a few others.

Clovis15

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • http://clovis15.deviantart.com
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 07:24:44 pm »
And then they began cutting religious references like crazy (Yggdrassil is the Digital World's god, I think the dub calls it... 'Master' or something).

You mean King Drasil? They've made it pretty clear that he's some kind of God like figure, through all the various dialogue used to describe him over the course of the series, with out flat out calling him God.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:06 am »
Just got my hands on Tenchu: Stealth Assassains for the ps1.  ninja goodness...

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 01:50:50 pm »
Megaman 9.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 02:04:37 pm »
Currently focusing on Final Fantasy V Advance and several Pokemon games.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 02:51:12 pm »
Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (most my solo gaming time is devoted to this currently)
X-Men Legends (2 player = couples time ;) )
Harvest Moon: Rune Factory
Harvest Moon DS

I hope to add Spore and Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility to that list soonish (just as soon as I'm done applying to Ph.D. programs).

I'm a harvest moon fan, incase you didn't notice.

Megaman 9.

Oooo, that's out? Well that will be added to my list by the end of the month, probably.

Is Summon Night good? I've never heard of it.

I liked the first quite a bit, the second... meh, I wasn't able to get into it. But if you like the Tales of series, you should look into it. The battle system is fairly similar, at least so it seems to me.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »
At this moment, nothing.

Last night I finished both Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I need a new game :(

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 04:33:33 pm »
well im playing

infinite undiscovery

and im badly awaiting

disgaea ds and rhapsody ds
eternal sonata

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 05:51:45 pm »
Currently, I'm playing read-the-fanfic. Other than that, I'm playing Chrono Trigger (deep into the bowels of Lavos we go, screw Magus!) and SoulCal 3 (Xianghua SMASH!!! ... or not. Xianghua... run away screaming at the wrath of Seung Mina. ... Seung Mina SMASH!!!). It's fun!