Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 192775 times)

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: What are you currently playing?
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2008, 11:20:10 am »
just lose the first vyers fight and then you can get her

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2008, 12:12:13 pm »
That doesn't seem to be so with Disgaea DS...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2008, 01:52:20 pm »
Is the DS just a remake of the original? If so Pleinair does join you on your first play through.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2008, 03:23:15 pm »
Uh...I guess so...? Of the PS2 & PSP one, I guess...I looked around & it looks like I have to lose to Mid-Boss or something? idk if I've gotten to that yet...

EDIT: Yeah, that was it...just had to lose to Mid-Boss (which in the end was looking kinda sketchy with the Counters, Counter-Counters, etc) & get the "Mid-Boss Wins?" ending...so it really IS New Game+, it's just that you can get an ending incredibly early on...I LOVE the Prinny Commentary, though. I haven't tried Pleinair yet, but just that Commentary was well worth it.

But I looked it up, and yeah, it's the 2nd remake/port of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. From what I've heard, it's basically the version you should get if you don't have either of the other ones. The graphics obviously aren't as good (I think they're fine though having not seen the originals), the music is watered down (I have no idea because I play w/o sound), and the voice acting is also cut down a bit in the DS version (again, I have no idea w/o sound)...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:13:07 am by V_Translanka »

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 09:44:55 pm »
Bleh, so I'm mostly through with LEGO Batman...just a few levels left in villain mode...mostly just unlocking stuff, which I think is really inane once you've already beaten everything...they need to make the balance of unlocking junk & what's actually left to do in the game better...not to mention the game's kind of repetitive at times. I also don't understand why Robin doesn't have a grappling hook...or how Penguin fits in those chutes...>_>

Anyways, I started up MegaMan Star Force 2: Zerker X Ninja...I enjoyed the first Star Force enough to warrant a play of the new one, and it's got a ninja in the version I'm playing (though it's...green...). So far, yeah, it looks the same, but that's what I expected...

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:37 pm »
-Chrono Trigger (always playing that O_o)
-Halo 3 on Xbox Live
-Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
-Far Cry 2
-Fable 2
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 11:41:22 pm by RoxSilverFox »

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2008, 08:40:43 am »
Overlord: Raising Hell.  Pretty fun.

Hey V, you seem to keep up with the DS and its games, would you happen to know the name of a game where you buy up towns or something and eventually become king?  Or maybe it is you are king and you have to buy up towns or please the citizens or something... I vaguely remember reading a review about it and thought it was interesting but now I can't recall it for the life of me.  It might be for the PSP...who knows.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2008, 09:38:02 am »
Hey V, you seem to keep up with the DS and its games, would you happen to know the name of a game where you buy up towns or something and eventually become king?  Or maybe it is you are king and you have to buy up towns or please the citizens or something... I vaguely remember reading a review about it and thought it was interesting but now I can't recall it for the life of me.  It might be for the PSP...who knows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Crystal_Chronicles:_The_Young_King_and_the_Promised_Land
?

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2008, 10:51:32 am »
Damn, that is the one.  Thanks Pyt.  And there is why I couldn't find the damn thing...it was for the Wii. blergh

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2008, 04:59:30 pm »
lol...there's a new Crystal Chronicles for DS coming out soon though, Echoes of Time...Maybe that's why you thought that? Or maybe the former Crystal Chronicles on DS, Ring of Fates...? RoF was an ok action/adventure RPG...

kritterpher

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2008, 02:28:28 am »
              M.S SAGA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoxSilverFox

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Hey, do you think we should go get some pies?
    • View Profile
    • Silver Fox Games
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2008, 04:46:38 am »
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King beta

I play a male due to the 9 year olds who are desperate for cyber.

LOL

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2008, 09:07:27 am »
- Pokemon Platinum
- Rockman X8
- Mother 3

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2008, 09:45:29 am »
Yeah, I suppose it's a given that a lot of us are playing Mother 3 now...damn yous rhythm-based combos~!! Otherwise it seems great...I can kind of see why it didn't come over here though...it must've been hell to try to persuade anyone to pick it up...I mean, it's got the simplistic, cheery look & feel of Earthbound (both original Mothers, really), but it starts out kinda dark (from what I've already heard it continues down this path)...I mean, the market for this is basically the hardcore RPGers. Not exactly for the kiddies & like previous installments, casual RPGers might scoff at it's look...what do I know, though? We've evolved as a gaming community since then, right?

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice For All - Started this one up a couple days prior to getting M3. I loved him starting out with a head injury that kind of acted as a cheesy, easy-in for them to re-explain everything about gameplay & such...the wacky inner lock addition thing seems a little weird though...I should probably test to see what happens when your hurt bar goes all the way down...

Some others I decided to pick up again before I got Mother 3 were...

Tales of Phantasia - I hadn't gotten very far in it when I first played the SNES version, and now I'm attempting the GBA version and it seems just as if not more unforgiving as I recall (I hear there's not much of a change in it at all though, really)...I ended up restarting like 5 times in the beginning before I realized that I'd just have to run from everything but the bees until I got the hang of things, leveled some & acquired some abilities...It really makes me want to play Star Ocean, though...V_V

Golden Sun - I HAD gotten kind of far when I first played this a WHILE back...I remember being ok with the stupid oldschool targeting system, really enjoying the telepathic stuff, and getting kind of tired as it trudged on because it gets kind of repetitively cliché...I still want to finish this so I can get to the sequel & see if I can carry over this save somehow through the emu...

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 10:11:58 am »
Hey, V? Check this out.

I'm playing Pokemon Blue. We kick SERIOUS ass. It's kinda funny, though. I started to go to Rock Tunnel after trading stuff away to get HM05, not realizing that I hadn't beaten Surge yet. I almost typed it as Serge. Heheheh...