Zenan Plains - Site Discussion > General Discussion

Video Game Discussion Thread

<< < (468/469) > >>

VidKid369:
Hello,—I’m here to peddle how good the Atelier games are. I’ve always had Atelier Rorona in my collection and I’ve been sleeping on it this whole time!! Completely fell in love with the gathering of materials, the mixing of items and everything about this game! I beat that and Atelier Totori, and now I’m waiting for Atelier Meruru to be delivered. *twiddles*

I’m actually looking to upgrade to a PS4 Pro but I’m definitely gonna try to beat all the PS3 Atelier games first!! I’m so addicted.

Lennis:
I recently dusted off my old X-Box 360 and popped in a somewhat obscure JRPG called Eternal Sonata.  The graphics are amazing for a game released in 2007, and the ost stands out even more.  It's unique in that the story focuses on the dreams of an historical figure; a famous composer and pianist named Frédéric Chopin.  It has a fairly large playable cast, and most all of the characters have names based off of musical terms.  The battle system is also unique, combining aspects of turn-based and real-time combat.  Characters have no MP, but instead use special attacks based on whether they are standing on lighted ground or shaded ground.  You can use a special attack at any time, but those attacks are more effective if you deliver a few regular attacks first during your character's turn.  Alternatively, you can build up a combo gauge using regular attacks with one character and then have another character spend the built-up energy on a special attack, leading to huge damage.  There's no other JRPG quite like it.  I'm about 40 hours into it, and I find the game charming, though the narrative can get a bit preachy in places.

Boo the Gentleman Caller:

--- Quote ---somewhat obscure JRPG called Eternal Sonata
--- End quote ---

Ah, the weird fever-dream of Frederic Chopin! I actually own this game and played the first few hours. I really enjoyed what I played, and I remember the battle system having a unique light/dark strategy element. The soundtrack and characters were amazing, although I admit I never got far. We moved and I never picked the game back up afterwards.

Please let me know what you think when you're done! I'd love to get a review, and perhaps I'll restart it sooner or later.

Acacia Sgt:
Eternal Sonata? Oh, I've always wanted to play that one.

Boo the Gentleman Caller:
VidKid369 and I have been chatting...

LUNAR: Eternal Blue Complete fun-time group playthrough is OFFICIALLY HAPPENING in 18 days. Mark your calendars, boys and girls.

December 25th we start a New Game.

I'm gonna start a separate discussion thread for it, but if you are interested in joining, feel free. We'll be playing somewhat slowly and have milestones we'll try to hit every day, and then discuss the plot and anything else we feel like covering. Sort of like a group Let's Play without the livestreaming. Haha!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version