Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 195316 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 06, 2009, 02:28:31 pm »
Does anyone else feel as if they're growing out of video games? I haven't sat down and really played one in weeks, and I really don't have any urge to. I tried to play some ROMs I had downloaded in a .rar, thought I'd be able to get back into the swing of things because there were maybe 30 or so in the pack, but I tried playing them and got bored really fast.

Maybe it's just me.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #1081 on: July 06, 2009, 02:55:19 pm »
I just got lucky, apparently, I was playing Final Fantasy VII and had given up on getting Yuffie after grinding for an hour and a half in the forests near Junon trying to get her, and the one random encounter I get as I pass through a small forest near Cosmo Canyon happens to be a battle with Mysterious Ninja.

Hurrah!

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #1082 on: July 06, 2009, 03:00:33 pm »
Does anyone else feel as if they're growing out of video games? I haven't sat down and really played one in weeks, and I really don't have any urge to. I tried to play some ROMs I had downloaded in a .rar, thought I'd be able to get back into the swing of things because there were maybe 30 or so in the pack, but I tried playing them and got bored really fast.

Maybe it's just me.
It ain't just you pal...I haven't sat down and played a game in months. And the last two games I played were SNES classics. Hell, the last time I played an RPG was around a year ago and the last "new" game I played was FFIX. I don't wanna say I grew out of 'em, but it's certainly feeling that way...

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: July 06, 2009, 03:51:41 pm »
I've gotten in the rut before as well, it's not a bad thing at all. Still I found the best remedy is to play a completely different kind of game, ones you know you think you might not like even.

I know a lot of people here are fans of Japanese RPGs, so I recommend western style, Try out the New Elderscrolls games, Mass effect, or even some classics like the the first two Fallouts, Baldurs Gate, or Planescape: Torment.

In fact screw the rest and play Planescape: Torment, it is the GODLYIST STORY IN THIS EXISTENCE!

MagilsugaM

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Eternal Sonata
« Reply #1084 on: July 07, 2009, 05:40:58 am »
It's finally out for PS3 now and i go my hands on a copy of it! It's really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

II know that this is old but anyways,,,,
The game is really amazing, the graphics, battle system, story! I give it a 9/10.

If I had merged the entire old Eternal Sonata thread to this it would have effed out the beginning of this thread. No harm, no foul. I understand resurrecting the old thread that specifies the game you're talking about, but this thread is fresher and serves the same purpose.
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:09:19 am by V_Translanka »

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:52 pm »
I know what you all mean about "the rut."  It happens with games, music, movies, even sports and other more physical things.  Just switch it up.  Play different games.  Play no games.  Play some shit you thought you would never in a million years play, you just might enjoy it.  When I do that I'm at about 1/5 for enjoying it.

Been playing some Ogre Battle64 a little bit...I have one save towards the end of the game and one right at the beginning.  Going to take the early one in a different direction than the older one.  I originally wanted to finish the older one first, but I just needed that fresh start, ya know?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: July 09, 2009, 08:08:23 pm »
Since I've become an adult I play very little video games.  They are still fun, but the world at large has bigger, more important tasks at hand.

It's taken me at least two months to get me 1/3 the way through Mass Effect.

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1087 on: July 15, 2009, 03:02:08 pm »
Looks like I picked the right time to invest in a DS! Both Golden Sun 3 and Dragon Quest 9 will be coming out for the Nintendo DS!

Hooah!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1088 on: July 17, 2009, 07:22:22 pm »
Ha, DQIX has been coming out for the DS for like a year and a half it feels like (actually, that's probably not far from the truth now...>_>)...

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1089 on: July 17, 2009, 07:25:16 pm »
Well, its out in Japan, so it can't be too much longer....well, if it has voice overs it might. Dubbing is a long hard process.

I've been waiting for Golden Sun 3 for a while now, though, so I'm happy with that if nothing else.

Plus, you know, the remake of FFIV.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: July 17, 2009, 07:56:00 pm »
I just finished FFVI for the first time. It had an awesome ending, but, man, was I over-prepared and disappointed for the final dungeon throughout.

Truthordeal

• View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #1091 on: July 17, 2009, 08:08:57 pm »
Don't worry, Tact, Kefka's tower is far from the "final" dungeon. There's at least two others that are much much tougher.

It's awesome.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1092 on: July 17, 2009, 08:17:05 pm »
Haha, I'm the opposite. 2/3 of my total party members are totally underlevelled for Kefka's Tower. It's an old file though, I haven't went back to it in a few years; currently playing FFVI Advance but not very far in that.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #1093 on: July 17, 2009, 08:44:39 pm »
I always thought that the final Kefka fight was way too easy. Maybe it's because I over leveled Celes or something. I pretty much exclusively used her in the fight and for me, it was over very quickly. I had no trouble with it at all.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: July 17, 2009, 08:48:23 pm »
Same here. Even when I had just the three mandatory characters, I thought it was going to be hard that way.

But it wasn't. Going through the tower was harder than Kefka, actually.