Author Topic: "The Chrono Compendium Podcast"  (Read 4219 times)

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: "The Chrono Compendium Podcast"
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 08:28:12 am »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 09:26:34 am »
ZELL RULES

:lee: :lee: :lee: :lee:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

LOOK AT THAT LUCID BEACON OF YOUTH

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 06:42:51 pm »
ALRIGHT

ALL I NEED IS A MICROPHONE

AND WE CAN ROCK THIS SHIT INTO THE NEXT DIMENSION

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:23 am »
*waves*

I have a slight southern accent, but all the necessary equipment.  I'd be willing to help!  :)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 12:37:02 pm »
MICROPHONE OBTAINED.

When everyone else gives the OK, let's start recording!

Rushingwind, feel free to contribute! We're always up for more people to help.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 01:15:42 pm »
I do a bit of radio stuff at school, so as far as sounding professional goes, I could help there--but you probably want a more seasoned member. And is this going to be audio only, or are you gonna make it more like an actual Podcast?

And I'd push strongly for different hosts every couple days, I feel that people might get tired of seeing the same person every couple weeks. On the chance that some of the members don't want to be involved (based on shyness towards their looks or voice) it could be possible to have those members write out the content of each show and have others present it--that way everyone feels involved...but let's find out who are the guys and girls around here, to avoid any more confusion.

Anyway, this sounds like a great idea, good luck.

Insane

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 06:04:02 pm »
I have some audio editing software this end- I'm no voice actor, but I'd like to add effects, theme tunes, general retocuhes, you know?

Insane

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2008, 06:11:57 pm »
Also, if it's a video podcast, I have Flash, so I can also add in basic visual effects (Like an intro, when someone says something (e.g Crono) a picture shows up (e.g Crono portrait)

Syrek

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Chrono Compedium Podcast
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 10:47:22 pm »
I've recently been thinking of starting a podcast, since I've done a couple in the past but I wasn't sure what to base my podcast on. Then I started play Chrono Trigger DS and I felt I had to make a podcast regarding the site and the Chrono games. I've done two podcasts, both of them on RPGs in the past involving the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. If this is something the community is interested in, I will surely put together a project regarding a podcast, with the adminitrators permission of course. Your welcome to add any input you feel is necessary about the podcast or regarding the podcast layout and how things will work out or if you simply feel the need to agree with me on wanting a podcast. I would most certaintly like to be the host of said podcast and would of course bring in some notable figures from the forums as my co-hosts and such.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Chrono Compedium Podcast
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:37 am »
I think it'd be cool to have a whole, like, Compendium radio station where Chrono music (& remixes) would be showcased, along with maybe some podcast-like musings by groupings of handpicked Compendiumers...I think the idea of a podcast has been floated around here somewheres...

Syrek

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 12:09:17 am »
You make a good point Translanka, a radio station in the forum of a podcast would be brilliant. Anyone else?

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 09:41:24 am »
That would be pretty sweet. (maybe should be moved to Compendium discussion?))

Yeah, I can see some music from the Chrono series, maybe have someone with access to a microphone put some news for the forum and series in (like this ROM hack is coming out, this fanfic just got finished, we got a new interview, etc.)... that would be pretty sweet!

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 11:01:49 am »
Indeed, a few people discussed about making a Compendium Podcast, a few months ago.
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,6043.0.html

Nothing happened since then. But having a podcast seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Sorry for making your post make no sense now...:?
                                                      ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:02:31 am by V_Translanka »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 12:49:20 am »
I'd probably help, should my accent be bearable. I'm not a quick thinker though.

hiddensquire

• Guardian (+100)
  • Seeker of wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 08:41:26 am »
I seriously doubt that podcasts are something that the members of this forum would be able to sustain on a regular basis.  To get forum-wide participation requires a lot of time, more time than a bi-weekly production schedule would allow.  If the membership was super active about it, I could see a quality podcast being produced within the span of maybe a month, minimum.  Of course, if you didn't care as much about quality or variety, a group of one or two people could probably output something more quickly... but no one really wants to listen to that, do they?

Personally, I see a "news" type podcast as somewhat superfluous.  I mean, the Compendium already has a news page, and it's much easier and faster to produce to than a podcast would be.  It's also easier for someone to skim for news they want to hear when it's in written form.  If it were audio, they would have to sit there and listen to the whole damn thing; some people have better things to do with their time.

If we were to make an audio production of something, I think it would be best applied to single subjects at a time.  A subject that someone knows in advance that they want to sit down and learn about.  I think it would be great if someone made flash presentations of some of our existing articles.  Headexplodey ones such as "Principles of Time and Dimensional Travel" and "Salt for the Dead Sea", in particular, could really use the additional media imagery and interactivity that flash allows.  I do not think that many would work well as straight audio presentations, though some articles, such as the "Existentialist Reading" have simple enough concepts to be comfortably listened to, IMHO.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:47:28 am by hiddensquire »