Author Topic: Something I noticed...  (Read 895 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Something I noticed...
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:33:32 pm »
I was running through Tyrano Lair when I came to a balcony. It had three Reptites sort of walking in a circle. I ignored them. I started to run across the balcony when I noticed... Crono? Why are you still facing down? You're setting a bad example for Ayla and Frog! They were all facing down, but were moving side to side. Eventually, they went into a slowed down running action. Frog was actually lost for a bit off the side. I did this on zSNES in the windowed, then I did it full screen. Is it zSNES lagging? Or what?

I got a shot of it, too!

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Re: Something I noticed...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 01:00:13 am »
Whoa! Odd! Gotta love glitches

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 10:07:55 am »
Yeah, glitches can be pretty cool. But other times they can screw up the game, like what happened to me... :( (I was in Lavos's shell, on a New Game +, used the save point, and fought him. When I loaded, I wasn't on the save point, but in the side of the shell! I couldn't get out, and had to start over again, but then decided, "Yeah, screw the last few endings. I'm not doing this." I was near the end of the game, too...) Don't know what could have caused this, though. Something similar to my stuck-in-Lavos's-shell problem? The characters weren't running in slow motion and doing weird stuff, though...Hm.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:10:48 am »
What I'm thinking is that zSNES hates me for, you know, playing through that game like no one's business. (Tyrano Lair to Death Peak seems like a lot to me.) Either that, or it was serious lag. Not only were the characters running funny, but when I ran over to the Reptites, they weren't there. When I fought them, the glitch stopped.

Chocobo_Fan

• Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:25:08 pm »
Weird. o.O ZSNES is glitchy, apparently. Or SE hates us emulator users. :p

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 06:28:36 pm »
Yeah, I think zSNES just hates me. Lately, my patience for repetitive tasks (i.e., normal battles, popping balloons, etc.) has grown thin. Thank you speed up button and turbo A. However, WHILE popping balloons in this manner... the music hung up. It freaked me out. Mainly because anything in a video game that ISN'T supposed to happen or looks wrong freaks me out. Like when I accidentally pressed 2 instead of F2 on Mystic Mountain. ... let's just say my screen was filled with little gates. And I freaked out.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 07:31:30 pm »
It might have something to do with the other triggered battle that occurs over there.

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 10:29:53 pm »
It could be you're using an older version of Zsnes, which caused a bug in Chrono Trigger which made the game lag, thus making your characters that's following you not to do right. The latest version of Zsnes fixes this bug.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:38:06 am »
Everbody says in ZSNES you can't do the password combination but I did it so I am not sure if I am lucky or if my ZSNES fixed it.   I made it all the way to "Break The Seal" before I bought the game for the real thing.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 06:18:01 pm »
As for an old version of zSNES, I have the most up-to-date version. The 'Break the Seal' part wasn't hard at all. Set L, R, and A to the same button. Press!

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 07:37:09 pm »
I only didn't do the break the seal cause I bought the real game.     I will use the rom now for fan-games if they ever get going which will probaby be in 5yrs.    Now I bet if Chrono DS comes out we may start seeing new fans in here and have another revive?    Though I don't think fan-projects will boom due to the fact we are in a time-period where their is a lot of college kids running around who have no time for the internet, I found that out the hard-way At least I think that's why there isn't much fan-projects being sucessfull these days.       Just like accoding to my parents the 80s were a baby boomer era.         What kind of period are we in anyways in age groups?

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 11:32:29 pm »
LOL that glitch was also in the PSX version of the game.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 01:58:37 pm »
I played CT The first time on ZSNES, I never got any glitches. It did seem Very hard though. Probably because I was 8  :lol:(Or 9, Can't remember)