Author Topic: Orphen coincidence?  (Read 484 times)

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
Orphen coincidence?
« on: December 31, 2008, 02:56:03 pm »
I just finished watch the anime series Sorcerous Stabber Orphen and I was surprised at how the character Azalie resembled me in stoey and appearance. Also, Orphen, and her relationship with him is a lot like my relationship with Magus/Janus.

I don't want to spoil it or type up a full blown summary of how, but just watch the series yourself and you'll see what I mean. Even if you disagree with my similarity opinion, it still is a great series.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: Orphen coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 03:07:57 pm »
Is there an episode we could YouTube? Or is it mandatory to watch from Episode 1 to get the full blown jist of your findings :)

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 03:08:59 pm »
Episode 1 onwards. Orphen was on Veoh before they did the copyright holocaust of....early 2008

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 03:21:08 pm »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:22 pm »
Schala Zeal you are gorgeous!!

Thank you for taking the time to acquire the links and I will download them as I am listening to this guy sitting in for Rush Limbaugh.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 03:32:33 pm »
*smiles* I got the entire series on DVD for Christmas so... I'll find a way to get the missing eps.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 06:45:40 pm »
Is there a manga...? Anyways, how are they similar...? Isn't Schala one of the more ambiguous personalities in the series, regardless of her face-time in the games? I recall her as a mostly good force that wants to help, but beyond that, I don't remember much about her.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 06:48:12 pm »
It's based off a manga. I know that much. You should probably wiki it and it'll tell you. There's a PS2 game based off this series as well.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 02:55:41 am »
There is another character from the anime series Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventure that's like me in that she's meek, shy, beloved, and gentle but is manipulated by her mother into doing her dirty work. The series itself is a mix of Chrono Trigger/Cross, Evangelion, and Tenchi Muyo. In fact, it's made by the same folk that did Tenchi Muyo, so you'll see a lot of similarities and even a few "easter eggs."

I could post the episodes up. My point is, if you like Chrono Cross/Trigger, me, or Tenchi Muyo, this is a definate viewing for you. The character I mentioned by the way is Mitsuki Rara, not to be confused with her parallel counterpart, Mitsuki Senada. She doesn't appear for half of the series either but I encourage everyone to see it all to understand it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the main character, Kazuki Yotsuga is a lot like Serge, in that he's the main protagonist (though not silent of course), he doesn't exist in the parallel universe, and one of his goals are to save Mitsuki Rara (similar to Serge saving me).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 02:58:13 am by Princess Schala Zeal »