Author Topic: Fan projects should go to Mt Woe?  (Read 653 times)

4th Triforce piece

Fan projects should go to Mt Woe?
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:08:44 pm »
Is it something I am missing or has it seemed like all the fan-projects have been aboanded suddenly without warning?  I know you can't do it overnight but this is been WAYY to long without a response in ALL THE PROJECTS.

I've looked at the dates and I feel if their is going to be no more responses it should go to the Mt Woe dead area.      Can someone help Mr Confused understand things around here?     

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
Re: Fan projects should go to Mt Woe?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 02:51:53 am »
you have to give people a chance to come back .
and there might be stuff going on behind the scenes ..

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 03:41:57 am »
Oh, rest assured, I love killing fan projects to clear up overhyped clutter on the boards. But there's still a 6 month inactivity period.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 04:47:30 pm »
Oh, rest assured, I love killing fan projects to clear up overhyped clutter on the boards.

Oh, you sadistic bastard. :lol:

Honestly, the RP project i've been co heading is sort of... Dying. A  lot of it is due to people MIA, but that's just bound to happen. DBT will pick up as soon as  Faust gets back, i'm sure of it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:11:55 pm »
DBT is such a grandiose project... let's just hope it stays afloat!  FaustWolf will be a huge part, but having some manpower on the technical end is going to help push it along, too.

As for dead projects...  Let's just hope that people don't go public with their projects until the survival rate is optimal.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 01:43:15 am »
I know justin is working on all that extra stuff for his game.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:43:33 am »
Thanks for your insights as I have Autisum which makes it a bit hard to understand people and in-sighting seems to help.

I don't blame you for wanting to kill off fan-projects Zeality.  Honestly so it sounds like it has to be inactive for 6months for it to be cast out by Queen Zeal?   

I have a question after this rant below about what I think I figured.

Rant time on!     

One thing that is my BIGGEST pet peeve is when someone makes a fan game saying.  "CHECK THIS OUT! I AM GOING TO MAKE CT IN 3D! WITH A BRAND SPANKING NEW-STORYLINE!, I am going to make it so the 3 character warp rule will no longer be valid. :)   (Goes on and on about all the features of said game)  'Now remember to post your ideas in THIS thread only for my project!'    1yr and a half the thread doesn't have much posts and the Author gives false hope with not enough assistants.

PS:  I think the problem with fan games is we are in an era where a lot of people are graduating from school or are about to graduate for their diploma.      I personally don't see any changes until we hit another teenage boom period unless we have WWIII.  Then their will BE no Internet except a Government version for Government Personal only.   

Rant time off! 

Now I wonder how things would be here if we were at this stage in the mid-80s when I was born?  Just about 20yrs earlier.