Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 47289 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 05:41:30 pm »
That's what I meant by in a wierd suit. Going for no spoilers I was.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 06:00:08 pm »
Have you played the second one, Onslaught?  And he is not the weakest Mega man.  Have you ever gotten the shining laser and fully powered it up?  Not to mention this is way in the future from the X series so the technology has probably improved.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:06:03 pm by Delta Dragon »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 06:50:55 pm »
I just thought X was the most powerful because of his nutso instant death even to bosses Hadouken...Which makes me think Ryu might be a good match as well...SHINKOUUUUU~!!

Which really just makes me think...Someone DBZ should probably be on this list as well...Goku or whatever other SSJ character, I guess.

And Dr. Doom since you've got Vader (a villain?) on the list as well? *shrugs*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 06:59:02 pm by V_Translanka »

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 06:55:58 pm »
Face it V these People just wont admit that Dr. Doom has everyone beat.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 07:10:45 pm »
I just thought X was the most powerful because of his nutso instant death even to bosses Hadouken...Which makes me think Ryu might be a good match as well...SHINKOUUUUU~!!

Which really just makes me think...Someone DBZ should probably be on this list as well...Goku or whatever other SSJ character, I guess.

And Dr. Doom since you've got Vader (a villain?) on the list as well? *shrugs*

DBZ would just be cheating. Really I mean Chrono wouldn't stad a chance simpey because the moment things go wrong for a DBZ character some Dues Ex Machina abilty or thing turns on and they win! I mean half of the time I think they let the danger escalate for the hell of it

"hmmmmm well I could kill this enemy in like one shot, but let me hold back for awhile for the heck of it....I think some people need to die first!"

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 09:06:55 pm »
No, it's not that they're holding back, they spend it charging their power. Seriously though, there is an actual DBZ episode where Goku is about to fight Majin Boo(or however you spell his name)and when he's charging for Super Saiyan 3 he literally(I timed it)takes 16 of the 23 minutes of the episode in a constipated position screaming for the love of god and all that is holy and the bad guys just sit there watching him. Of course, Crono might still stand a chance. Simply for the fact even after Goku did all of that and beat the crap out of Majin for a bit he still got owned. By a fat pink blob. Which brings backt o perhaps Kirby is the love child of Pacman, Megaman, and Majin Boo?

Avalon

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Once and Future King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2008, 11:30:29 pm »
X DID turn himself into a fairy...A little too late for Zero when he finally decided to get rid of the boob lights. But wait a second... Zero put himself in that machine to purify himself and get rid of anything evil upon him... So, red was good, blond long hair was good, and apparantly that would mean his boob lights were made of pure evil?
Pants too.

And I think that Kirby and Buu are close enough on their own. Pink, eat a lot, and gain powers after eating.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 03:52:07 am »
Buu produced Kirby.
BUU IS A WOMAN OF MASS DESTRUCTION?!!!! WITH A MAN'S LOOKS AND LITTLE BOY'S VOICE?!!!!!
Alright, I think it's time to get back on topic because Kirby's birth is starting to get wierd for me. I don't wanna know what's next.
Also,after finishing watching the movie I thought of someone else... ROBOCOP.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 04:40:05 am »
Are you kidding? Robocop was just a pussy android. Compared to the likes of Mega Man or Samus Aran, he's less than spit in a bucket.

Batman>Predator>Terminator>Aliens>Robocop

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 01:47:34 pm »
Maybe if that list is going by badassness Batman might be at the top but if it's going by their skill level I dunno, I'd imagine a killer being with two tounges and lightning fast reflexes or a creature with tech more upgraded than Batman's entire arsenal would kick the crap outta him.
And for Robocop I mean maybe against Crono. His sword would be ineffective and he'd have to rely on magic. Of course he's no match for megaman and especially not for Samus! Samus, she's a freaking psychopath of power on a warpath for Metroids and Space Pirates!!!!! if she can take Kraid, hell the only thing would stand a chance against her are almighty powerful beings like Crono, Goku, Link, the gods themselves would have a rough time with her!
Samus>Goku>Megaman>Majin Buu>Batman>Predator>Terminator>Aliens>Robocop and Kirby fits in there somewhere but wherever it is it's beneath Samus, that is for sure.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 01:55:24 pm »
The gods?  Which ones? 

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 02:04:35 pm »
The ones you'd find in the many different video games. Katamari Damacy god would get obliterated. I'm not positive although i'm pretty sure the goddesses from Zelda would have some trouble, Smash bros allows us to know she'd be a match for the supposed Super God Super Sonic. The Pokemons that are recognized as gods and goddesses.
I'm thinking this is pretty much set that the best match for Crono to face would probably be Samus.
Most people online(plus with my friends)would say Samus VS Master Chief would be an epic battle. truth of the matter is that battle would last under a minute and the Chief would get blown away by Samus.
Samus VS Crono. I believe so far I'm going with that.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 03:04:06 pm »
I only did the Batman, Predator, Terminator, Aliens, & Robocop list because you mentioned Robocop and all five of them have fought before. Aliens are ok, but Batman has taken out the king of the aliens multiple times: Superman. Predator's shoulder cannon is about equal to heat vision. Nothing else they have is all that advanced, they're just hunters...I'd put them on the level of someone like Lobo or something. Although I guess they have that invisibility thing...but I think they'd go hand-to-hand with Batman, where he'd win. Terminator would just be another low-rent robot. Everyone's taken out the likes of them in comics and Batman's no exception.

But, yeah, I don't know if Batman could deal with Mega or especially not Samus. And no, Master Chief couldn't even hope to take her down. She's too fast for him to run away to recharge his shield.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 03:16:14 pm »
Samus>Goku>Megaman>Majin Buu>Batman>Predator>Terminator>Aliens>Robocop and Kirby fits in there somewhere but wherever it is it's beneath Samus, that is for sure.

Goku is just a ripoff of the Monkey King from Journey To the West. The original could beat him, hands (and tail) down.

And come on, Batman could beat Majin Buu with little problem. Why? Because he's Batman!
http://shortpacked.com/d/20050131.html
http://shortpacked.com/d/20050218.html

Batman would just need his trusty Bat-Anti-Creepy-Japanese-Monster-That-Looks-Like-The-Stay-Puff-Marshmellow-Man Spray and problem solved.

But if we are going to start adding cyborgs into the equation, then we really have to include the three greatest combinations of man and machine ever: The Centurians

They wouldn't have a hope of defeating Crono, but they could probably clear out the lower ranks what seems to be turning into a battle royal.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 04:08:25 pm »
Crono VS Samus has already been established, Samus is the person to take on Crono, whatever said reason might be.

As for this battle royale this has turned into, the Centurions would be up there pretty high in the rankings. But they might have some trouble if Optimus Prime were to enter the battle...or Godzilla whom I bring up because he's also massive. Of course niether of those two could hope to be pitted against the likes of the Monkey king, Goku, Megaman, or Samus. They've all faced bigger opponents and beat them with ease. Of course then again, it IS Godzilla and Optimus prime i speak of so I'm not sure...