1 (3.3%)
Chrono Break (one day maybe)
7 (23.3%)
Kingdom Hearts Birth by sleep
2 (6.7%)
Kingdom hearts 358/2 days
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Favourite upcoming Square-Enix game  (Read 3140 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Favourite upcoming Square-Enix game
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 12:13:47 pm »
I did finish Kingdom Hearts 2, and got the extra ending. Hell, got 100% of Jiminy's thing complete.
And they pretty much introduce a path to Kingdom Hearts 3...
and then SE announces that the closest thing to a sequel is the prequel for the PSP.
Why can't they just make a freaking KH3? WHY MUST IT BE SO DIFFICULT WITH THEM?!!!!!!!!
Eh, whatever.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 07:59:15 pm »
The secret ending at the end of KH2 IS the Prequel...

Although SE has said that the story of Sora and friends didn't end with Kingdom Hearts II...

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 08:30:05 pm »
Um.... Not quite, Magilsugam...

Kingdom Hearts: Coded is for some uber-advanced cell phone (remember, the cell phones in Japan are much more powerful than American cell phones) and takes place AFTER Kingdom Hearts II.  Pretty much Jiminy Cricket is hanging out, looking through his old journal entries and he notices an entry he did not write (or doesn't remember writing).  Jiminy then digitizes the contents of the journal and creates a Matrix-like computer world in which they must figure out the cryptic message (all the while hanging out with an AI version of Sora).

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is the Nintendo DS-exclusive prequel to Kingdom Hearts II that deals with the year or so that Roxas existed (remember, Roxas was created the moment Sora temporarily became a Heartless during the events of Kingdom Hearts I).  It follows his missions while working with Organization XIII, but also deals with a strange, XIV member of the Organization that either wasn't around in Kingdom Hearts II or we didn't see.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is a PSP game and is a PREQUEL to the entire Kingdom Hearts series.  It takes place 10 years before Kingdom Hearts and follows three friends: Terra, Ven, and Aqua.  They are all apprentices to a Keyblade Master, and the have a scenario-based adventure dealing with some sort of enemy called "the Unbirth", which are neither Heartless nor Nobody.

Thank you very much, that was quite enlightening.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 09:01:56 pm »
The secret ending at the end of KH2 IS the Prequel...

Although SE has said that the story of Sora and friends didn't end with Kingdom Hearts II...
I know that's the prequel, I mean when Sora, Kairi, and Riku got the letter from King Mickey. That easily points toward KH3 but  that isn't what they're doing next! Unless this is another Chain Of Memories, where they make miniature games inbetween the the Kingdom Hearts for the bigger systems.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 03:24:06 am »
Um.... Not quite, Magilsugam...

Kingdom Hearts: Coded is for some uber-advanced cell phone (remember, the cell phones in Japan are much more powerful than American cell phones) and takes place AFTER Kingdom Hearts II.  Pretty much Jiminy Cricket is hanging out, looking through his old journal entries and he notices an entry he did not write (or doesn't remember writing).  Jiminy then digitizes the contents of the journal and creates a Matrix-like computer world in which they must figure out the cryptic message (all the while hanging out with an AI version of Sora).

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is the Nintendo DS-exclusive prequel to Kingdom Hearts II that deals with the year or so that Roxas existed (remember, Roxas was created the moment Sora temporarily became a Heartless during the events of Kingdom Hearts I).  It follows his missions while working with Organization XIII, but also deals with a strange, XIV member of the Organization that either wasn't around in Kingdom Hearts II or we didn't see.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is a PSP game and is a PREQUEL to the entire Kingdom Hearts series.  It takes place 10 years before Kingdom Hearts and follows three friends: Terra, Ven, and Aqua.  They are all apprentices to a Keyblade Master, and the have a scenario-based adventure dealing with some sort of enemy called "the Unbirth", which are neither Heartless nor Nobody.

Thanks for that I dind't know that much but I saw some screenshots.

So the Kingdom Hearts 3 will be for mobiles that sucks...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 03:49:47 am »
No, no it will not. It's not Kingdom Hearts 3 but it's a sequel. Moreso starring Jiminy Cricket than anyone really. Now that I think about Sora isn't the main character in any of these! WTF?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 09:10:29 am »
Nope, no Sora.  But I really did see in an interview somewhere that "the story of Sora and his friends didn't end in Kingdom Hearts II."  Obviously they want to milk the franchise - and I'm okay with it at this point.

(Just combine the exploration elements of KHI and the renovated battle system of KHII for KHIII).

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 09:14:22 am »
(Just combine the exploration elements of KHI and the renovated battle system of KHII for KHIII).

I'd second that. One of the things I couldn't stand about KHII was the narrow, straightforward path you were always set on. KHI actually felt like I was playing some quazzi-FF; And it was a good thing.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 01:50:33 pm »
I third all of that. KHI I found the battles incredibly repetitive but the exploration was phenomenal and I actually had to explore to get through the level. KHII the paths were just put there, no trouble but what got it interesting was that the battles had so much action and a massive number of tactics to use. It only makes sense to make KHIII as merging of the two.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 02:15:40 pm »
KHII had not nearly as much Disney in the main Plot as the first, and the Trailer for KHIII looks like it will have even less.

Disappointing.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2008, 02:17:35 pm »
Yeah, it was originally what got everyone's attention. Disney and Final fantasy? This can never work! but it did. When i was contemplating on getting the first one, I didn't expect it to be good but then I loved it!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2008, 03:05:49 pm »
Bleh, who cares? Everyone knows they should have done it with Warner Bros.

Bugs>Mickey
Daffy>Donald
Anyone>Goofy

ALWAYS

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2008, 04:11:53 pm »
Instead of Maleficent they could've used Elmer Fudd.
Now that you bring that up, I actually have thought of a replacement for the FF characters... Chrono trigger I mean. Well, actually it isn't a replacement moreso as one of the worlds I thought up an entire world at Magus' Castle, the big final villain would be Magus and your third party character would be your choice of either Crono or Frog. I thought of traps, enemies, combos, everything.
Oh, I got it for Goofy's replacement also! Porky Pig!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2008, 05:05:52 pm »
I wasn't thinking of a replacement so much as the fact that anyone was better than him...I think you'd want Marvin the Martian over Elmer Fudd...*shrugs*

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2008, 06:51:21 pm »
V I do agree with you(well not with Goofy) but still if this keeps up its just going to be another FF game which I do not want.