Author Topic: Please step aside for one minute Chrono Trigger DS. Thank you,Nippion Ichi news!  (Read 1341 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
When September 23 roles around the Nippion Ichi game Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure (or Marl Kingdom: The Adventure of the Puppet Princess in Japan) will be re-realeased for DS. If you don't know, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is a cute and quirky (although short) RPG from Nippion Ichi from awhile back for the playstation. I actully played it several times. I love the story, the cute quirky characters, ect.
I've known about the rerelease for awhile, but the point is much of the humor in Nippion Ichi games like Disgaea are infact similar to Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. Infact there are quite a few refrences to Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure in the other games.

Oh and this is a quote from Wikipedia (I know not the greatest source but in this case pretty accurate)

Quote from: wikipedia
Rhapsody has retained a bit of cult following, but remains mostly unheard of in mainstream video gaming.[7] With an emphasis on girlishness and sung musical numbers, Rhapsody gained little popularity with the more serious gaming crowd in America.[1] However, in Japan, the series went on to have a few sequels and seems to have sold well. With the cellphone gaming as proof, the Marl series is treated just as any other RPG series in Japan, whereas more of an oddity in North America.

Other Nippon Ichi games such as the Disgaea series, which are sometimes considered to be part of the Marl Kingdom world, have gained a large amount of popularity in America, years after Rhapsody was released.[7] These games continue with the humorous approach to story telling and feature similar sugary character designs.[2]

Is anyone else existed, this may be the chance I ha......I mean we have been waiting for to get the sequels if the game does well as a DS port.

Anyway I just thought with all the happiness about Chrono Trigger DS (which I'm also very excited about) that I'd being up something else. I hope other people are just alittle excited. Maybe?

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Disgaea has a port for psp and ds and I love the psp one is identical to the ps2 game.
The port for DS of Disgaea still without a US release so you better wait a few month it will came up soon.
And I love Soul Nomad it deserves a port to DS and PSP and a sequel.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
I still want them to translate Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness already...But yeah, I haven't even played Disgaea yet, much less Rhapsody...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
Its one of the best turn based tactical RPG (fire emblem, FF Tactics) that I know of.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Its one of the best turn based tactical RPG (fire emblem, FF Tactics) that I know of.

For some reason I never liked FF tactics because of the long talks. And when It was released I barely knew English so It' was in possible to play some games to me unless I get the Spanish ver. of it. But know is good enough.

But I love NIS Games they have the best sprites I ever seen.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Disgaea has a port for psp and ds and I love the psp one is identical to the ps2 game.
The port for DS of Disgaea still without a US release so you better wait a few month it will came up soon.
And I love Soul Nomad it deserves a port to DS and PSP and a sequel.

I love the PSP port of Disgaea (It has some extra stuff)

I still need to get Soul Nomad, I want it.

But this post was about Rhapdosy DS (September 23). If you ever got Marjoly in Disgaea she's from Rhapsody... she's the villain....sorta.

For some reason I never liked FF tactics because of the long talks. And when It was released I barely knew English so It' was in possible to play some games to me unless I get the Spanish ver. of it. But know is good enough.

But I love NIS Games they have the best sprites I ever seen.

I love FFT: War of the Lions (althought I hate the GBA one...hate...laws). On the PSP version my brother worked his characters up to the highest level.....in the very beginning of the game (not kidding) we actully figth eachother in 2 player mode. It works liek this.
Me- 50s to 60s, All Female Group (Screw to Main CHaracter), Stratagy and great equiptment
Him- level 99, Begining equipment, great skills
= I win! Because blasting his a** with magic that does 500 beats him being level 99! I need to get to Level 99 for when he gets better equipment. Although I haven't played PSP in Awhile.
NIS games do have some amazing Sprites, Very Detailed! It's one of the reasons I love there games (aside from the quriky humor, storyline,and kicka** moves)

I still want them to translate Front Mission 2089: Border of Madness already...But yeah, I haven't even played Disgaea yet, much less Rhapsody...

You haven't played Disgaea...I feel bad for you.....I mean I can understand not playing RHapsody  since it wasn't really well known outside of Japan but unless you don't have PS2 I can't understand your reluctance..

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
I only have like 5 games for PS2. I'm always behind and mostly end up emu, which I've been limiting myself to easy handhelds (NDS is the newest system I play). So, yeah, there's a TON of games I haven't been able to play yet...The Suikoden games, BoF4 & 5, FFXII, tons of other crap I can't even think of right now...I try to make up for it by playing a bunch of oldschool & GBA games...but even that is just out of hand because there's so MANY...too many games, too little patience. >_<

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
I feel a new game is needed in the(I didn't like the latest one, nothing like the usual series and disappointing)Breath of Fire series. The first two were some of the best RPGS(SNES really had a knack for getting the good RPGs).

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
I feel a new game is needed in the(I didn't like the latest one, nothing like the usual series and disappointing)Breath of Fire series. The first two were some of the best RPGS(SNES really had a knack for getting the good RPGs).

I totally agree. Also I feel Deis/Bleu should be made a playable character again. She was one of my fav characters! An the SNES having good RPGs is that they where normally simple but complex in there own great way.  Most games now are so distracted by making it "look" good or making in unique so the story and/or gameplay gets treated like an afterthought. Of course this doesn't happen to all newer RPG's but you know what I mean.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy, Secret Of Mana, the list goes on! And on that list of excellent names they continued a small number of them.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy, Secret Of Mana, the list goes on! And on that list of excellent names they continued a small number of them.

Breath of Fire: Awesome untill 4 and quarter (I mainly watched my brother play 4, needless to say I felt it lacked the fun of the other games, of course I was the guy who found soem Faries dieing in BoF3 Funny(....yes I'm a sick sick person....) I found the whole building the town of Faeries fun in BoF3 fun, somewhat reminicent of BoF2's build a town.....except faries die (Indeed I have issues....hehehehe) I refuse to talk about Quarter...it knows why!

Chrono Trigger: Would I be here if I hated it! Awesome! Although Chrono Cross wasn't as fun for me, it was still a great game to!

Earthbound (or Mother 2): Great game....overthinking the game makes it even better!

Super Mario RPG: I wish My Super Nintenos still worked (terrible accident)....all I need say other then I used Peach alot after getting her.

Final Fantasy: Admitably not a huge fan. I liked VI and VIII. VII was ok but way over hyped, particully Sephy there who only got devlopment after he was popular! (I haven't played the PSP preqeal but apparently my brother says he got character devlopment....I though, finally an excuse for his fans to like him! Obviously I like Aries so I don't find killing her to be a trait wroth being cool for) My Party in Final Fantasy 6 is always Terrea, Celes, Relm, and 4th unimportant character (Shadow normally)

Secret of Mana: I only wish I got to play it more (my brother owned it)

And the list does indeed go one, I dare to say the SNES may have been one of the best times for RPGs, however there are still enough good RPGs to make me happy, just not as many as "back in the day" hehehehe.

back to the topic
I only have like 5 games for PS2. I'm always behind and mostly end up emu, which I've been limiting myself to easy handhelds (NDS is the newest system I play). So, yeah, there's a TON of games I haven't been able to play yet...The Suikoden games, BoF4 & 5, FFXII, tons of other crap I can't even think of right now...I try to make up for it by playing a bunch of oldschool & GBA games...but even that is just out of hand because there's so MANY...too many games, too little patience. >_<

Oh if you like easy handhelds then you have to play RHapsody, the game is really easy (although there changing the battle system in the DS version so who knows. However despite being short, it's cute, quirky, inverted fairytale (girl save guy from witch....sorta play it trust me it's deeper then that), somewhat girle but funny enough that you don't care plot is so wonderful that you really couldn't give a damn. And the songs they sing are so wonderful that you find yourself playing again just to here the songs in context to the story. and Eliote Rosenqueen is reason enough alone to play (anyone who plays Nippion Ichi games knows the name Rosenqueen ^.- which sady counts you out...sorry :()
I know this sounds odd, but I wouldn't bother playing any BoF after 3...that's just me though. Suikoden is fun (it get less fun as it goes on though....I've played up to four, only for the sake of 2 characters...Jeane...and my fav Viki!)

Hehehehehe taht kinda dragged on and on...sorry hope people actully bother to read this hehehehe

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
By handhelds I really only meant GBA & NDS (& the backward compatibility of them)...Oh, and currently I've got no sound, so songs matter very little one way or the other.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
Dragon Quarter I feel isn't even a breath Of Fire game(even if it's labeled it, I disbelieve it). Ryu's hair isn't the same as it is in the others, it's barely blue or spiky. Not to mention, every character is seriously underweight to the point it's surprising anyone is alive.The fat guy of the game is probably the only healthy looking person about oh say, maybe Crono or Serge's weight. That's the fat guy of that game. Lastly, Nina's wings aren't real. What's up with that?

Final Fantasy I loved 7, but didn't get into 8(mostly because I can't find any place for about 8 months at a time)and 6 and 4 were also good. I loved the first one for the NES, one of my favorites. I've played in total 5 of them in short, so FF is an iffy series for me. Probably because it's a brand new game everytime.

The way you guys are describing this game, I'm thinking I may get it.

Gluttony

• Porrean (+50)
  • The Goose
    • View Profile
Any Secret of Evermore fans in here?

How about Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey?

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
By handhelds I really only meant GBA & NDS (& the backward compatibility of them)...Oh, and currently I've got no sound, so songs matter very little one way or the other.

Awwwww the songs are like 40% of the fun...

Dragon Quarter I feel isn't even a breath Of Fire game(even if it's labeled it, I disbelieve it). Ryu's hair isn't the same as it is in the others, it's barely blue or spiky. Not to mention, every character is seriously underweight to the point it's surprising anyone is alive.The fat guy of the game is probably the only healthy looking person about oh say, maybe Crono or Serge's weight. That's the fat guy of that game. Lastly, Nina's wings aren't real. What's up with that?

Final Fantasy I loved 7, but didn't get into 8(mostly because I can't find any place for about 8 months at a time)and 6 and 4 were also good. I loved the first one for the NES, one of my favorites. I've played in total 5 of them in short, so FF is an iffy series for me. Probably because it's a brand new game everytime.

The way you guys are describing this game, I'm thinking I may get it.

Dragon Quarter? (Now playing dumb) I have never heard of such a repulsive game! Hehehehehe. (THen there also that danm % thing so if you used the Dragon To much you would get Game Over! And also Nina appearince depresses me. Her personality in the other games has always felt Strong but Cheerful no matter how many unfair things may befall her, this Nina was basicly Anti-Nina...I mean she might as well have been dead from the start. Also no Dies/Bleu make Mikey angry...I also didn't like Deis/Bleu in the 4th game in which she acted like a a**, where was my fun loveing, yet lazy, heavy drinker Bleu who just love learning Magic and was a Goddess with an awesome Naga body who in the 2nd game is disguies as a normal person in the Magic School (If you talk to that girl whos actully her you can tell in the first place).)

Oh and get Rhapsody, rule almost any game made by NIS has a 99% chance of being Awesome and a 1% chance of being Great!

and I'll forgive you for not getting  into 8. I get angry though because some people didn't like 8 for less reasons (The entire game is sorta a large love story) because appearently love isn't dark and cool enough for the fan who liked 7! (Sorry! I know you liked 7 just saying hehehe) I mean I had the same problem with getting lost at times. It can get irrateing if you don't know where your going.

Any Secret of Evermore fans in here?

How about Blue Dragon or Lost Odyssey?

Oh Secret of Evermore! That's a great game...to bad it wasn't popular huh!

Blue Dragon...for the Xbow 360? Oh I own that!

You know that this post is kinda turning into a RPGs I loved and hated hehehehe mostly loved! *Punchs Dragon Quarter* Mostly...