Author Topic: Put yourself in the game  (Read 1164 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Put yourself in the game
« on: August 25, 2008, 02:29:45 am »
Hey everyone as round 2 comes close to a close....bad wording there...I wanted to give you something incredibly minor to  think about. 

Between round 2 and round 3 (while zeality finishes up dialogue and bugs get piled up for me to squash in round 3) i'm going to work on
a) ending
b)  putting in Ayla
c) sidequests
d)  funner stuff

One of the d)'s items is that I'd like to put cameo appearances for of everyone on the "dram team" in game.  Just tell me an NPC, a location and something to say and I'll do the rest.   For example:

JP
Sprite: Little Boy
Dialogue:  "Hey I'm JP I was the primary programmer for Crimson Echoes. Thanks for playing!"

...yea the dialogue is a little stupid but you get the jist (i'll work on it...)  We could do something along the lines of if they talk to all of the dream team the door to the developers room opens.

--JP

Shinrin

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Chrono Trigger Fan # 100
    • View Profile
    • Shinrin Cole
Re: Put yourself in the game
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:44:50 am »
hmm.. what about members who helped in the past.. i remember helping out a bit.. with the 2nd demo i believe ?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:09:51 pm »
ZeaLitY

Sprite: Zeal Man (blue clothes)
Location: Enhasa Dream Wing (omg I have to script dreams for that place, I forgot)
Dialogue: Hey there! Ready to feel the passion!? Now draw the breath of an emperor and run to the sunset in the springtime of youth! ...Or something like that. Anyway, don't tell anyone you saw me here.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 01:22:13 am »
Nightmare975

Sprite: Knight: Cyrus colours
Location: Someplace that could look under construction, have a bunch of the Tabin sprites doing the hammering action around the map, like they're building it. (I'll probably create the map anyways)
Dialogue: Hey! Like the new maps in the game? I built them! You like 1 AD? That was a challenge for me! Huh? Why is this place still being built? Don't blame me! It's Vista's fault!

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 03:17:21 am »
Is it too late for me to write a line for myself?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 03:31:59 am »
It's not too late, no.

I just wonder how we're going to overcome the palette limit for all these people in the developer's room, since we'll have some "beta testers" there, too.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 03:55:30 am »
On New Game+, Dream Team characters ought to also be horrific boss battles in the style of the FF7 weapons. Just ask the character, "Wanna fight?" with a "Yes/No" option. Each character could give lots of tabs or something really rare, or parts of a password to enter the last area of the Developer's Ending.

Now that's too much too late.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 04:01:33 am »
On New Game+, Dream Team characters ought to also be horrific boss battles in the style of the FF7 weapons. Just ask the character, "Wanna fight?" with a "Yes/No" option. Each character could give lots of tabs or something really rare, or parts of a password to enter the last area of the Developer's Ending.

Now that's too much too late.

We'll save that for Crimson Echoes Special Edition. :P

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:40 pm »
Dude, just saw that I got a place in the Developer's Concert, suh-weet. I feel so honored. Can I get an Imp sprite?

How limited are we in our lines? I guess I'll start with:

I hope you enjoy the new techs! JP did the ones for Magus, Marle, and Lucca, and I took on the ones for Robo, Frog, and Ayla. Be sure to save up your Magic Tabs for Robo or Ayla and you'll witness never-before-seen kickassery. You did save Ayla, right? Right?

And pare it down from there if I need to.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 04:01:40 pm by FaustWolf »