Author Topic: Why is there not much CT fan fics on fanfiction.net?  (Read 1293 times)

4th Triforce piece

Why is there not much CT fan fics on fanfiction.net?
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:23:41 am »
Don't tell me to write my own either I just want people's insights on why there is not much CT fanfics despite it's popularity.   I mean Zelda has 1000s of stories.

Some of the fan fics up are REAL touching.    Love in Time   
http://www.fanfiction.net/game/Chrono_Trigger/

I like the descriptions such as in Xeno Trigger.   http://www.fanfiction.net/game/Chrono_Trigger/3/0/1/1/0/0/0/0/0/2/ but unfortuanly the authors never update the good ones and the bad ones get repeated updates.  :(           

Don't even tell me all fanfics are evil: Anyone who says all fanfics are evil deserves a sock stuffed in their mouth too by the way.   (gets sock ready)   I got plenty of socks.  :)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Why is there not much CT fan fics on fanfiction.net?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 10:47:16 am »
All fanfics ARE evil *looks at link in sig* Oh, wait...

There aren't many? I thought there were. Compared to what?...I put up two in-progress (I suppose I could put up one short that's finished)...but I don't think people look through the incomplete fanfics much...*shrugs*

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:52:10 pm »
Well, you're comparing to Zelda. ZELDA. The number one type of game to recieve a good novel sort of thing? Adventure type like Chrono, Zelda, Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, etc. One top of that the popularity level and although Chrono is incredibly popular, not even Mario really compares to how much most people seem to enjoy Zelda, even if it isn't the most "Hey, it's so and so!" game series, it's definetly the most enjoyed world wide, and as well as that-c'mon! Chrono has 2 games, Zelda has well over 10.

Maybe that's why it seems like Chrono has so few, because you're comparing it to a video game pimp. Chrono might become one this November, who knows? All I know is maybe Chrono DOES have a good number of fan fictions it's just you are comparing it to the wrong series?

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:08:31 pm »
I don't think fan fiction is bad. THat is as long as you do them right. Either way I've had fanfic ideas but I've only ever worked on one (A Silent Hill one, original characters, some refrences to the games, psycological, ya know), but I never posted any for others to read. I'm far to shy. I also had an idea for a fan fic that span more then one world (no not a crossover) in which I do a fan fic for sevreal animes and games in which someone goes crazy for no particular reason and starts killing everyone. Outside of murder everyone would act like normal and the killer would only be truely reveild near the end. Needless to say I never really started on it, but i was inspired by When They Cry.
There would have been a reason for them going crazy, but it would have been stupid so why bother right ^^.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 04:26:15 pm »
Ah, I didn't catch that comparison to Zelda...Well, yeah, of course you're going to get more fanfics for a more popular franchise & a currently ongoing franchise (compare when the last Chrono was to the last LoZ).

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 04:30:09 pm »
 Man what are you talking about??   There's plenty of Chrono Trigger stuff out there!   

Or maybe you're just looking in the wrong spot...

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 07:33:55 pm »
First of all:  I never really thought of it that way but I enjoy Chrono way better then Zelda which has got stuck in a rut actually and I am not the only one to think so either.     I hope this CT DS thing revives the franchise maybe it will gain a whole new level of fandom and sites will start appearing like crazy.   :lol:

Thanks for the answers but they are mostly incomplete works.   Go halfway down page 1 and look thru page 2 and see what I mean.

Their are some VERY good ones out there that could just as well be the sequal and I would be a happy camper.   :)  But the Author dissapears and never shows up.   Hint:  Look at the last updated section on the fanfics and see what I mean.   :wink:   

That Xeno Chrono fic I linked to I remember liking but I don't remember what it was about except something to do with a time portal and this kid interfears with an attack on another guy on the Guardia Castle's roof?    BUT the Author has shunned his story for no apperant reason.  :(      I also doubt the Author will listen to a little guy like me.   :(   

Plus I looked on this site and found a neat one called Magus Hunt or somethign like that where Magus and Frog got falsey accused of soemthing and was on the run and they went thru time but I don't remember the rest of it except the Author stopped half-way thru and put the lock n key on.   She banned the time warp like Schala did in Zeal.    :(         

Fanfic rant:

It seems like the good fanfics Authros AWOL it and the bad ones get 200+ review of.  "OMG DIZ IZ SOO COOL UPDATE MORE PLEEZE, I BEG YOU!" or "DAT FIC SUKZ DELETE IT AND GET IT OUT OF MY SITE!"   

At least the good fanfics you see REAL reviews that shows contrustive critiscism designed to help said Author even if the reviews are only 10.     Someone else I talked to on fanfic has also noticed the review counter never goes above 20 on good fanfics.       

I know several nice Authors that I've chatted with that really seem to try at what they are doing.   

Back on topic rant over.   

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 08:09:03 pm »
Like Captain B is saying, just look all over the Internet. And on top of all of this, it really depends on people's opinions as well. Unless these fanfics are pretty much-
"CHRNO FITED DD3H M0NSTERS EN 84TEL3D TEH E333VIL MAGA$S (ASS LOL LOL 101!!!1!!!11one!!!) TO DETH W/ THE MAS4MOON!"
That's a little more understandable.
For a free translation of what i just typed, please ask.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 09:14:25 pm »
 There's a really good one on icybrian's site called "Amore Vincent Omni"... the story at first is kinda cookie cutter, but it does a really good job of approaching the overused "ur schala im janus" reunion scenario.

...and Magus, amazingly enough, still manages to be a real jerk in it.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 11:09:26 pm »
I don't think I've read that one yet. I'll give it one sometime.

4th Triforce piece

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:18:50 am »
I just read a VERY good one here but incomplete that will likely never see the light of day.   http://chronocompendium.com/Term/Fanfiction:V_Translanka_Magness_1.html  Chappy 1!

The site seems too be mostly incomplete fics that will likely never see the light of day and no way to comment on them.  Very outdated system like it's 1999AD.    Most of the stories don't' seem to promise character development (According to the summaries) as that's what I like to see coupled with action in fics:  To the best balance as possible that makes you feel like your with them.   

Chrono Corruption doesn't even have a summery.  It's like walking into the Chrono Trigger book store without knowing what is in their books.   They ain't getting my 20G

I don't like it when Magus is a real jerk all the time so I skip those fics.   The only reason to me people would read those fics is cause they have sick/Depressing thoughts like him but it's better to read those fics then to do something dumb like be an alcoholic and safer. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.   

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:29:06 am »
You're looking at a site which is pretty much built up off of Harry Potter erotica. There are better places to look for Chrono fantfiction, like here for instance.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 03:02:36 pm »
I'd write some fics if I thought I was any sort of writer. As it is, I'll take quality over quantity.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:22:20 pm »
I just read a VERY good one here but incomplete that will likely never see the light of day.   http://chronocompendium.com/Term/Fanfiction:V_Translanka_Magness_1.html  Chappy 1!

Goddamn it, I thought I fixed the beginning bit to be centered...And I swear by all that's holy, Magness WILL be complete...it's just been on hiatus while my PC's been out of commish (where the next chapter has been in stasis)...V_V

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 11:02:41 pm »
 Awhile back, I was working on one called "not another Magus fanfic", but never really finished it or even got far...    Basically, Magus has been chilling with some refugees for a little while, and actually opened up quite a bit. He's at a stage where he subconsciously wants attention and very much enjoys groups, but practically ruins his reputation when he takes his old wrath of god tone to some bounty hunters looking for Janus. Then, a girl steals his leg amulet and is using it in conjunction with the mysterious Nu to travel through time (the gate is in their mouths. O_O.) Magus chases the girl down, who reveals herself to be a young magician named Terri, and they, well, buddy up like Laurel and Hardy, though Magus often gets after her for things...     

...well at one point, it becomes very necessary for them to escape a room, and Magus orders her to use her zeal pendant (!?) to open a door. She's like "I don't have one" but Magus is like "sure you do, don't lie" so she uses it, and later Magus just stares at Terri very sternly as she asks him,

"How did you know I was Schala?"