Author Topic: Fall of Guardia / Rise of Porre / CT Cast after Chrono Cross  (Read 7820 times)

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of Guardia / Rise of Porre / CT Cast after Chrono Cross
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 08:08:03 pm »
Actually we don't actually see those others install the wings. He could have had them inspect it or something and later he installed them himself.

Actually, that was silly, but so was your answer.

And obiously you have no reason to believe Dalton was behind it; I have. We never saw him die and nobody is really sure what the hell happened to him. The only thing we can be sure of is he wants to get back at Chrono and pals. Imo he deserves a comeback, and so I will make that comeback.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 08:15:16 pm »
Never in CT, but he's the kind of guy that could pull that off.

So nothing nowhere lead you to believe he was a smooth talker but your own baseless inclination that "he's the kind of guy that could pull it off"...>_>

What do you mean? Yes, he does know the Blackbird and Epoch were made by Belthasar. And even though it was Dalton who installed the lasers on the Epoch, it was actually the hero party that blew up the Blackbird.

No one makes self-destruct buttons like that...it's ridiculous. But my main point about all of that was what Thought just said...

Quote from: Thought
If by "fair share of knowledge about the Blackbird" translates into "he knew it existed," then yes. Other than providing a crew for the Blackbird and having others modify the Epoch, how does he display any appreciable degree of knowledge about the things?

Yes. Dalton is the only person alive

Presumably.

...who bears a definite grudge against Chrono and his friends directly. He hates them and he'd definitely want revenge. And imo it's possible for him to have achieved that. A personal preference indeed. Even though I'm making a fangame around it it will never be true canon, and if other fans don't appreciate it or don't like the theory they don't have to play it. All I'm doing is creating and releasing a fangame showing how Dalton survives and causes the Fall of Guardia, because I think that's how it happened.

Hey, no one's bashing fanfics or fangames here, we're just trying to set up plausible theory over implausible theory. I mean, I've got Magus traveling through time in my fanfic through means never shown or even really hinted at being possible in canon. Your possibilities just aren't likely and are based on too much intricacies going in just the right ways...This idea certainly goes against Occam's Razor anyways...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 08:30:48 pm »
So nothing nowhere lead you to believe he was a smooth talker but your own baseless inclination that "he's the kind of guy that could pull it off"...>_>

No one makes self-destruct buttons like that...it's ridiculous. But my main point about all of that was what Thought just said...

Hey, no one's bashing fanfics or fangames here, we're just trying to set up plausible theory over implausible theory. I mean, I've got Magus traveling through time in my fanfic through means never shown or even really hinted at being possible in canon. Your possibilities just aren't likely and are based on too much intricacies going in just the right ways...This idea certainly goes against Occam's Razor anyways...

Yes, he has the character for it. Firstly we see him in alliance with Zeal trying to obtain immortality. When that plan has been ruined he backstabs everyone and decides to take control himself. I can definitely see him striking an alliance with Porre in order to (re)build his own empire.

Selfdestruction button? Actually it was Chrono's lil friends accidentally using Epoch's new lasers and blowing up the Blackbird in the process.

I know that, and I'm trying to give arguments why he could be behind the fall of Guardia.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 04:08:08 am »
I don't think dalton caused the fall. I'm sorry it's just too far fetched...

Anyway, i know the CT cast never wanted to save the future for themselves. It's just hard to believe that they ended up dead over it. Games should have a happy ending O.o; At the end of Chrono Cross i'm still left puzzled, and wonder if it was even a happy ending at all...

Serge doesn't remember shit, and does he even get the girl in the end?
The dimensions supposedly merge, but what effects that had we are left to guess over
What happens to porre?
What happens to guardia?
What happens to the dragoons?
What happens to miguel / leene?
And above all what happens to lucca, crono and marle?

It's just hard to believe square would end a game like that. Let's say you've never played chrono trigger before. You end up getting the DS version you play it through and you see the marriage ending ( psx cutscenes appear ) and after that you suddenly see a dark movie with the entire kingdom and town slaughtered. Yeah that works.... *rolls eyes*

Then you figure i'll play chrono cross. I'll be sure to get answers then... OOPS no you won't. At least the schala bit is resolved, but it ended up being so complicated i had to read the chrono cross resolutions article about 10 times just to figure some of it out. ( I'm really no good at time travel related stuff )

My point is... This really just is a very crappy ending to the chrono series O.o;

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 04:23:40 am »
Its not a crappy ending, I like this its leave you wondering! How did Guardia collapse? What happened to they team? Why wasn't it all happy? Its great in my eyes, but sucks in yours.

Please understand it a bad ending "to you".

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 04:36:47 am »
I'm just not very keen on open endings. I need resolutions, answers. In that regard many endings to games, movies, and books are bad for me >_>; It really sucks, i just don't like to be left to a lot of guesswork. And i think more people can agree with that. I have honestly never finished a game before where the last movie you see, is that they all probably end up dead ( CT ending ). I so hope it will not get included in the DS version...

Instead of a girl wandering around during the credits. Have pictures of the land, places you visited, and see the characters. A simple frigging slideshow would have answered a buttload of questions...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 09:56:14 am »
If everything would have been answered, there would be nothing to speculate about. If there was nothing to speculate about, all Chrono fan forums wouldn't exist.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 11:22:52 am »
Just like Chrono Trigger couldn't answer the question of what happened to Schala, Chrono Cross also leaves us with questions. We can try to figure it out (what forums are these again? ANALYSIS?) or we can wait for a sequel. Open endings are fine. You're never going to know exactly everything that's going to happen to each character. Besides, how much would these answers mean in a world where there is no fate? I thought the whole possibility that there are no boundaries between the world of the imagination and the real world was a very neat ending to Cross.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:39 pm »
I'm just not very keen on open endings. I need resolutions, answers. In that regard many endings to games, movies, and books are bad for me >_>; It really sucks, i just don't like to be left to a lot of guesswork.

That is just because the writers did too good of a job. You are caring about the MacGuffin's, which means that the game or movie or whatever did a good job of conveying the character's motivation.

We are left with a lot of questions unanswered, because the media doesn't attempt to present an entire universe; rather, the media attempts to present a story. The unanswered questions are largely unimportant for that goal.

Doesn't mean we can't latch onto those questions like a leech, of course.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 02:04:41 pm »
Well... My own theory is probably faulty to some extend. But for now i will just believe that the original team is alive and well after chrono cross concludes. There is some evidence to support it. But most of all the opposite is never stated either ( as in they are all dead ).  I have to believe they are fine

And MacGuffin is something i had never heard of before O.o;

Anyway... I agree that the writers did a good job in leaving us guessing and apparently still talking about it years after Chrono Cross came out. Kato was probably after that... but isn't it about time he got of his arse and give us another chrono game. Even if just to solve some of these plot holes. Although it is unlikely that he will ever go into those, unless the new chrono is actually about Crono again. Which is also pretty unlikely...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:07:02 pm by Eket »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 03:41:41 pm »
Currently they're fishing around how much interest is left in the Chrono series by releasing the CT DS port. I think depending on how many people buy that, they will decide to create a new Chrono game or not.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 08:12:41 pm »
In Chrono Break we're told that Serge and Kid died in 1025, and the entire El Nido archipelago was blown up.

And none of that matters, because this one takes place... BACK IN TIME, AND ON MARS!

Mick van Jovi woowoo Mick van Jovi blowin' up Lavoses that might be his daaaad

Try to limit silliness in posts to at least after contributing to analysis, ty.
                                                                                ~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:44:05 pm by V_Translanka »

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 12:06:06 am »
 ...and what gives anyone the thought that a third installment will resolve anything?  The third installment will probably answer only ONE question, and it could be from either trigger or cross.

...and then, it will leave it's own gaping plot holes and unanswered questions.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 03:00:23 am »
4th installment. Who knows what it could answer? It hasn't been made yet. So why not continue to think positively about it? And I don't think it really even needs to answer every little question anyways...

Also, did Cross leave plot holes...?

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:52 am »
 I think it left plot-gorges. and plot chasms.    and plot...   you know the Cleft of the Earth from Seiken Densetsu 3? It left a plot-one of those too.