Poll

If you could go on a date with one of the Chrono characters, who would it be?

Crono
2 (1.5%)
Marle
8 (6.1%)
Lucca
17 (13%)
Frog
3 (2.3%)
Robo
2 (1.5%)
Ayla
15 (11.5%)
Magus
7 (5.3%)
Serge
5 (3.8%)
Kid
12 (9.2%)
Lynx
1 (0.8%)
Riddel
4 (3.1%)
Fargo
1 (0.8%)
Glenn
4 (3.1%)
Miki
5 (3.8%)
Harle
8 (6.1%)
Sprigg
1 (0.8%)
Steena
0 (0%)
Turnip
1 (0.8%)
Schala
22 (16.8%)
Other(please name who it would be)
13 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 127

Author Topic: Which Chrono character would you date?  (Read 65282 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Which Chrono character would you date?
« Reply #300 on: October 08, 2009, 01:29:32 am »
It's...it's...greblonde! Blondeen! Even examining the textures with a microscope doesn't really solve the issue. CC Glenn's hair defies explanation. It's one of the great mysteries of the Chronoverse, like how to pronounce "Magus."

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #301 on: October 08, 2009, 01:34:38 am »
CC Glenn's hair colour is the same as mine. Bleach it, dye it blue, and it fades to this blonde-ish, greenish... thing. Kinda cool though, it looks like a tree.

And apparently it's pronounced MAY-guss. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Magus MAY-jus kinda sounds better, but I guess I was closer the second time... (Mag-ee-us is as far from correct as you can get).

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:58 am »
Weird. I always thought it was a grayish green or somewhere there. Turns out, it's probably not even close.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2009, 01:39:54 am »
CC Glenn's hair colour is the same as mine. Bleach it, dye it blue, and it fades to this blonde-ish, greenish... thing. Kinda cool though, it looks like a tree.

And apparently it's pronounced MAY-guss. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Magus MAY-jus kinda sounds better, but I guess I was closer the second time... (Mag-ee-us is as far from correct as you can get).

YAY!  I've been right all along with the pronunciation!  :D

Your hair sounds awesome.  Do you have any pictures of what it looks like currently?  Mine looks like a sunrise (yellow, orange, pink) at the moment.  ^^

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2009, 02:42:33 am »

I did that in high school. Except I didn't bleach for long enough and got this striking teal. You don't see a lot of teal hair.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2009, 05:45:01 pm »

YAY!  I've been right all along with the pronunciation!  :D

Your hair sounds awesome.  Do you have any pictures of what it looks like currently?  Mine looks like a sunrise (yellow, orange, pink) at the moment.  ^^

Ditto! I started thinking I was wrong and now this! Marle and Schala are the only ones I don't know for a fact now...

As for Glenn's hair, I saw someone with that hair style today! nekkid as a matter of fact. Courtyards are not good hiding places for teh sex lol

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2009, 05:56:18 pm »
Ditto! I started thinking I was wrong and now this! Marle and Schala are the only ones I don't know for a fact now...

Personally, I say "Mar-lee" and "Shala" (the "a" sound the same as the "a" in "aha!").  I think in the Japanese version, Marle's name was "Marl", so if you're going by that then it would make sense that her name would be pronounced as Marl.

As far as Schala goes...I just can't see the "sch" being pronounced like a "sk".  Her Japanese counterpart is Sara, correct?  So I think the "sch" would make more sense as "shh".

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 08, 2009, 07:25:57 pm »
Damn English and it's constant adding of completely useless letters to words!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:04 pm »
Somewhere on the Compendium itself is a video of a Chrono Trigger presentation given at some event prior to the game's initial release back in 1995. Most of the main characters get their name pronounced by official Squaresoft people. Maybe ZeaLitY or some other savvy Compendiumite can provide the link?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 08, 2009, 08:56:19 pm »
Is it the Alpha preview you had in mind J? Check about halfway through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyo_AXQLIdI

Captions have to be turned on manually it seems. I know there's a link on the Compendium to this somewhere, but searching Youtube was faster. That's how BIG the Compendium has gotten, ho ho ho!

EDIT AT THE RISK OF OFF-TOPICNESS: Reflecting on the latest Lunar: Silver Star Harmony trailer, I wonder if this is a formulaic approach to Japanese videogame previews? I mean, it does make absolute sense, and would seem like a good formula. Plus...I think the exact same guy is announcing. I'm not sure, but I think it's the exact same guy. He's like that guy who narrates all American movie trailers, but he does it for Japanese videogame trailers. If so, that's kind of rockin'.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:01:00 pm by FaustWolf »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 08, 2009, 09:09:12 pm »
Yeah, that's the one! And damn. I've gotten "Ayla" wrong all these years. I thought it was "EYE-la." I don't know that I'll be able to change my erroneous ways! =/

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 08, 2009, 10:44:40 pm »
I've been getting all the pronunciations right these years! Except for one... curses! I've always pronounced Frog "frog" when it's "kai-roo". :lol:

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2009, 03:31:15 am »
If I could date anyone in the Chrono series, then I'd want to date Queen Zeal.
I've always had a thing for women who are crazy.
Of course I'd probably get sent to Mt.Woe for having the nerve to ask Queen Zeal out for a date.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2009, 04:12:19 am »
If I could date anyone in the Chrono series, then I'd want to date Queen Zeal.
I've always had a thing for women who are crazy.
Of course I'd probably get sent to Mt.Woe for having the nerve to ask Queen Zeal out for a date.

That's certainly an original answer!

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #314 on: November 01, 2009, 12:14:49 pm »
Hey, what color is Glenn's hair from Chrono Cross?!

(oh, the memories!)
It's...it's...greblonde! Blondeen! Even examining the textures with a microscope doesn't really solve the issue. CC Glenn's hair defies explanation. It's one of the great mysteries of the Chronoverse, like how to pronounce "Magus."

It looks sandy-blond to me, dust blond, dry wheat. I see no green in his hair, even in the 3D models. O_o