Author Topic: I will be rating Game Boy/ Game Boy Color games.  (Read 1246 times)

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I will be rating Game Boy/ Game Boy Color games.
« on: January 27, 2005, 02:33:39 pm »
I will rate some Games and posting about them here. This is my first time rating Video Games, so I might not do that well.
I will rate Games under these Catogories:

Graphics

Controls

SFX

Music

Fun Factor

Replay Value

Comments

I will first rate Final Fantasy Legend II for Gameboy. I will Try to finish my document within a week or less.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 05:07:19 am »
If Return of Samus doesn't score high, I'll never trust you again...as a matter of fact, if you haven't already played it I'll lable you dubious...And really? FFL? Pshaw...And while I'm pshawing...Why Gameboy? Nintendo's handheld market's on the way out anyways, y'know? har-har!

8)

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 07:33:12 pm »
Best Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance game ever (not counting a few GBA rereleases of NES and SNES classics):

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. It's just awesome. Pure fun. Especially the select cheat (which is only available on the original cart, not the "DX" rerelease).

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 08:41:48 pm »
It was the Game Boy Color that got me into Video Gaming. Alas, it died about Five Months Ago... So I got and SP to replace it. Oh, by the way,
IF YOU EVER MOCK NINTENDO EVER AGAIN I WILL MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VERY SLOW AND VERY PAINFULL DEATH!!!

And also, I picked FFL2 because I liked it alot before I wore it out. btw, It's not even a real Final Fantasy game, It was named that as a publicity stunt. It really is a SaGa series game. Same thing with FFL1 and FFL3.
Now I happen to like some games that most people would think as retarded. But, I only have about 12 GB/GBC games. And I have, unfortunately, never played Metroid II, and I only played Link's Awakening at a friends house. Plus I have no money to buy any games. Yet.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 09:23:34 pm »
I'm in a hurry, so I'll just post my very short report and I have a bad feeling in my stomach that this will be considered too short and not that good. I can't do much better:

Final Fantasy Legend II
1991 Squaresoft

Graphics 6/10
The Graphics are VERY primitive, but you get use to it after a while. I liked the attack graphics, and the monster sprites were very nice, though, many were used for multiple monsters (and they all were the same color cause this is an old Black and White Gameboy Game)

Controls 10/10
Due to having very few buttons, The control are simple (like most Gameboy Games of that time)

SFX  3/10
Sound effects are quite horrible and not that nice to listen to. But some can be tolerated more than others

Music 8/10
I really liked the music, and it was very catchy. I can’t possibly describe it in any other way.

Fun Factor 8/10
The Characters had very little personality (except ones that join you temporarily), but the storyline  and battle system makes up for this flaw and makes you want to but the First and Third Installments if you didn’t have them already. If you  like the rest of the SaGa series, than this is a game for you.

Replay Value 2/10
Going through it is boring cause everything is the same and nothing new in any way.

Comments:
This is near the top of the list of some of my most favorite games, and you don’t have to play the first one cause the storyline does not continue from it. This game is completely underrated and is better than you think it is. If you think this game is dumb than that is YOUR problem, not mine.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2005, 10:43:39 pm »
I REALLY enjoyed this game when it first came out, and still emulate it to this day and play it occasionally.
I even made a simple little Monster and Items editor for the ROM, because I love it so much, some of the data I found myself. :)

I agree, it is highly underrated, and kids nowadays are spoiled with 3D graphics and particle effects and other gimmicks. :\

No worries though, the game will not be forgotten, as this board and site has proved in a huge way, great games don't collect dust, they collect legions of fans, fansites, and inspire. :)

{maybe one day I'll add more to this little editor, but for now, it should provide a little bit of fun in it's early state}
http://www.geocities.com/chickenlump/Legend.zip

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 11:06:41 pm »
Glad you liked it.
Next up is the GBC version of Dragon Warrior III

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2005, 04:25:11 am »
DQIII was pretty cool (only NES ROMed it), but I liked DQIV a lot more...

Also...I didn't really 'mock' Nintendo, but I will if you want...I was just stating the obvious fact that their handheld reign is about to end...

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 11:53:05 pm »
I doubt their stronghold on the handheld market will slip, though Sony will likely be a bigger problem than anyone else has been since SEGA let the Game Gear die down. But I really don't want to get into this here, since I've been involved in some pretty big arguments on this topic over at OneUp Studios.

Dunsparce

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 06:36:13 pm »
I'm being delayed because I've decided to create my own RPG. I'll try to finish my report as soon as possible.