Author Topic: Is it possible to beat Lavos the 1st time you encounter it in the Ocean Palace?  (Read 11509 times)

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
Like, if you're level ** when you face it, is it possible to defeat Lavos the first time, in the Ocean Palace?

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
 Absolutely!   Any encounter you have with Lavos that involves fight mode going up with him, you can do it.  As for Zeal and Schala and all, that topic never gets covered in the resulting ending. Instead, you return to the end of time where you get to meet the staff behind the game (Masato Kato is not present, but he left a note on a Magus statue saying not to look for him.) In Spekkio's room is the dream team itself!  Talk to Akira Toriyama for a high speed viewing of the credits.

(also, 100 posts woot.)

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
oh ya, heck B could do it right now he is ** after all.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Uh, you don't need to be lvl ** to do it...but you will probably need to do a lil power leveling to accomplish it on your first playthrough...That's lots of Nu hunting, probably...>_>

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
Yep, as stated earlier, it is totally possible.

But I don't just rehash posts (usually :-p), I posted to condole my, UNQUENCHABLE ANGER FOR GAMES THAT SET A FIGHT UP FOR YOU TO LOSE AT AFTER YOU WASTED ALL YOUR MP AND HEALTH POTIONS ONLY TO FIND OUT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOSE TO ADVANCE THE STORY! . . . (actually it's cool, but the first time always makes me /facepalm

anyways, totally possible.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Yeah, I do normally hate battles like that, especially when they happen late in the game (which, in CT's case I don't think is attributable)...I think it's made me even more wary of using Elixers & the like in battles...But, thanks to CT, I always wonder what'd happen if I had power leveled before such fights and managed to pull off a win (sometimes they're "nice" about it & make it so none of your attacks ever land, though)...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:57:42 am by V_Translanka »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Ah...  The beloved "Dev Room Ending"... I remember the first time I got it...  I had stayed home from school sick and was playing my SNES in my parents bed room...  It was during a New Game + and when I won, I couldn't believe it.  The result for having defeated Lavos at the Ocean Palace floored me...

...and that, as they say, is that.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
I thought you had to and so that was the first time I beat him. I leveled up so much. :lol:

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Okay...I just wondered, because I'm doing a New Game + playthrough, so I've already beaten him once...but when he attacked, he did MASSIVE damage and killed Lucca and Frog immediately, which did not happen in the actual final boss battle in my first playthrough.

SO I wondered if Ocean Palace's Lvos had higher stats or something so that he would be unbeatable.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
He DOES have higher stats.

Ocean Palace Lavos

Your Average Planet Ufcking Lavos

The Compendium Encyclopedia is a powerful tool. Use it wisely.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
You refer people to the Encyclopedia a lot, V.

Not that I'm criticizing...it's a good thing! (I just forgot about it...silly me.)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Of course I do! If I don't, I feel like ZeaLitY will be sad that no one's using it when he (& mostly JUST he) put so much work & time into it. It kind of makes me feel like I'm contributing, too. >_>

EclipsedExistence

• Earthbound (+15)
  • "Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is be
    • View Profile
If it makes you feel better, I read it occasionally. It has some nice essays ^.^

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
 I have to admit, it's a little disappointing that you never see what really would have happened. Imagine if Magus's attack succeeded?

Magus: Alright!!  now that he hasn't even destroyed Zeal, I'll just walk outside...      ...Hello, Schala! wanna go and inbreed?

Male extra: Erm...

Magus:  What the hell!??    Why are you dressed like Schala??

Man dressed as Schala: It's a bad makeup day. :(

Magus: uh...  okay...   ...erm, what the fuck!?

Okaniwa: They kept us locked up for a long time!!!  Look how long my hair got!!

Magus: What sorcery is this!!???   I'm looking at myself!!!

Toriyama: Oh, you're part of a game. Hi kids!!

Magus: uhuh...           ...beer. now.  (I miss that webcomic...)

Haruyuki: Hey! Wanna be in a Chrono Trigger 2?

Magus: NO

Peaceman

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
At high levels, I find Ocean Palace Lavos a lot easier than regular Lavos simply because he doesn't go through all those boss forms when he's in the Shell phase.