Author Topic: Chrono Cross Video Walkthrough  (Read 796 times)

Cubemario

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Chrono Cross Video Walkthrough
« on: August 11, 2008, 03:31:33 pm »
I didn't know where else to post this, so I will post it here. I have been doing a chrono cross video walkthrough which I completed yesterday.

Now for some history.

I started this walkthrough on June 17th 2008. Since then I learned a lot about Chrono Cross itself, video recording, and video quality. The videos start out with average quality up until part 26. Then the video quality keeps improving from there. My videos were recorded on emulator up until part 37. From then on it's recorded straight off my PS1.

My videos also are heavily edited later on. This is because the length of the walkthrough was too long, so I cut out several things from the video to save the viewers time. My videos from part 37 and beyond do not have the high quality option for some strange reason. This can be enabled manually by adding &fmt=18 to the end of a video link. Some of my videos include well placed annotations as well, to further explain things in the game.

I added that extra information so you know what to expect from my videos. There are other chrono cross walkthroughs available on youtube. I consider mine the best because it goes for 100% and covers all aspects of the game and generally has the best video and sound quality.

There were some things missed during my walkthrough, such as new game+, some techs, treasures, different paths, and characters. Obviously not everything can be covered in one playthrough.

I will be covering those in my Missing Pieces series which will be released on youtube later on. I will more than likely have videos dedicated to certain parts of the game, such as showing all techs, showing how to obtain all techs, and so forth. So technically it's not 100% yet, but it will be eventually. It takes a lot of time to make my chrono cross videos. At this point though, the walkthrough is complete in that it covers the game from beginning to end.

I was wondering if this walkthrough could be added onto the compendium website. Or perhaps put on the news section?

Anyway, here is the link to my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cubemario

Here is the link to my Chrono Cross videos.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=842F893C264F85B3

I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your time by reading this.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 02:04:32 pm by Cubemario »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Chrono Cross Video Walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:55:14 am »
Wait, how is it a 100% if you didn't do New Game+? Multiple saves? Did you also get all of the minor dialog scenes for the characters (i.e. Frozen Flame quotes & other such special scenes that specific characters have at specific times/places/etc)?

Cubemario

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 12:20:14 pm »
The purpose of the videos is to do a complete walkthrough of the game, not do a video version of a text dump. As I already said, videos will be released later on to cover new game+.

It's very easy to understand what my videos are about if you look at them.

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:46:13 pm »
Not a remark on Cubemario's videos, but does this belong in submissions? I'm pretty sure it'd get better attention if it was in the Chrono/Gameplay Casual Discussion board(it might even get stickied if it's good enough).

Oh, and welcome to the Compendium! :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:49:48 pm by BROJ »

Cubemario

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 02:05:34 pm »
Thank you :) and I wasn't too sure where to post it myself. If a moderator would like to move it, feel free.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 02:40:04 pm »
Ah, right, ok...so your videos only cover going through one path...which did you choose, anyways? I would watch, but it's really not an option (56k+no speakers=nofun@youtube.com)...>_>

Cubemario

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 02:52:56 pm »
For viper manor I chose guile's path.
I chose to save kid.
I also did every sidequest I could think of to do.

I will be covering the other paths eventually. At the moment i'm just burned out on making chrono cross videos, since i've done so many recently.