Author Topic: If Crono would be killed before he goes to the Millennial Fair  (Read 4460 times)

killercactus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: If Crono would be killed before he goes to the Millennial Fair
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2008, 10:24:44 pm »
You're forgetting other Crono's, though. There is the Crono that appeared for his trial for kidnapping princess Nadia. That would not be the time bastard Crono (as this Crono is the original Crono, protected by TTI). He hasn't killed Lavos yet, so killing him might lead to Lavos surviving. Of course, Crono time traveled after that, so there are other forms of him that have TTI as well.

Yes, you're correct - there are a bunch of Crono's that I forgot (and depending on what happens in the new timeline, they could all be Time Bastards theoretically), but the version that does kill Lavos is protected by TTI anyway.... I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is always going to be a version of Crono that killed Lavos, because he killed him at an earlier Time Error than when the assassin kills Crono.  Since we assume that Lavos lives in a pocket dimension that functions only on Time Error, once Lavos is dead - he's dead.  You can't go back in Time Error to prevent him being killed, no matter which Crono you kill.